Author Topic: What kind of colloidal gold is this?  (Read 1281 times)

Offline xozhang3

• Participant
What kind of colloidal gold is this?
« on: April 05, 2021, 01:29:58 AM »

Offline Josie29

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: What kind of colloidal gold is this?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 09:33:48 PM »
I'm not sure where you read about sulphide.

Utopia Silver website (the producers of the colloidal gold and of the Colloidal Silver) states "The colloidal gold and silver products produced by Utopia Silver Supplements contain no chemical or organic additives. We do not use gelatins, proteins, sodiums, iodides, or nitrates in the manufacture of these products. They are mineral and deionized water only."

https://www.utopiasilver.com/product/colloidal-gold-advanced-8-oz/

Offline xozhang3

• Participant
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 02:16:18 PM »
It is in the literature review section of the research paper:

"However, oral colloidal gold results in lower plasma and urine concentrations and a lower incidence of toxicity. On average, patients receiving 60 mg of oral colloidal gold per week have serum concentrations of approximately 3.6 μmol/L (1). When colloidal gold sulphide is administered orally, the plasma and urine values vary widely, and may even be undetectable despite large doses of colloidal gold (1), as in the present case. Gold levels in the blood are often not concordant with levels in the tissue, where gold may accumulate."

Anyway I did some googling and found that gold sulphide was used in RA therapy.

However Utopia colloidal gold is not mentioned there.

Offline Josie29

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 02:01:38 AM »
xozhang3:  Very curious! I definitely missed that quotation!

I didn't have much success in separating out 'colloidal gold sulphide' from 'colloidal gold' in my searches.

If you believe Wikipedia  [  ;)  ],  "Gold sulfide is the inorganic compound with the formula Au2S. It is the principal sulfides of gold. It decomposes to gold metal and elemental sulfur, illustrating the 'nobility' of gold."

This leads me to wonder why anyone would use gold sulphide as a colloid and not plain old gold, allowing for gold sulphide to decompose into its primary components!

Of course, I am getting lost in this whole issue as I am the farthest from a chemist to have the proper understanding!