Author Topic: Clairification on verbiage  (Read 398 times)

Offline tbrod

• Participant
Clairification on verbiage
« on: November 01, 2021, 12:29:18 PM »
Reading this article https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=758.0 could you please explain the difference of Ionic Silver, Metallic Silver, and Colloidal Silver.   I know Ionic and Colloidal but what is Metallic Silver? 

Thank you.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Clairification on verbiage
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 01:18:30 PM »
Metallic silver is pure silver like a silver coin.  Its atoms have a complete set of electrons.
Colloidal silver is pure silver metal in the form of nano sized balls, suspended in water,.
Ionic silver is silver atoms which do not have a complete set of electrons, so have formed a silver compound.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 01:28:40 PM by kephra »
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline tbrod

• Participant
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 01:26:28 PM »
ok so I understand why making Ionic and why making Colloidal, but what is the purpose of metallic...is pure silver better?

Offline Cyberman

• Participant
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 04:19:38 PM »
As kephra stated:
The purpose of metallic silver is to make coins and such.

Offline tbrod

• Participant
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2021, 04:27:30 PM »
He didn't say that..  he said "Metallic silver is pure silver "like" a silver coin."  He didn't say to make coins.  I didn't know why people were making metallic silver on here and what the purpose was for.

As kephra stated:
The purpose of metallic silver is to make coins and such.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 07:11:44 PM »
"Metallic silver"
Is used to distinguish it from "Ionic Silver"; metallic silver i.e. pure silver metal is what we use to make Colloidal Silver. Ionic Silver is what other websites advertise as Colloidal Silver, but is actually a silver salt (chemical powder) dissolved in water. It means they can say that their "Colloidal Silver" is "far stronger" than ours, when actually it is far easier to make by just dissolving it in water (and more likely to give you Argyria). IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR ANY INTERNAL USE BY US because of that. Technically, to pretend that Ionic Silver is Colloidal Silver is a marketing lie.

Offline tbrod

• Participant
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2021, 07:15:29 PM »
Thank you agreed!

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2021, 07:27:19 PM »
Ionic silver is silver oxide dissolved in water (silver ions).  This is what we make with the electrolysis cell.  The reducing agent rips the oxygen off the silver oxide and spits out elemental silver particles which agglomerate into larger masses that then float in the water forever.  Colloidal silver can also be known as a silver particle suspension or as Kephra says, little nanoscopic balls of pure silver floating in water - nothing is dissolved.

The process we use, if done properly, makes silver particles in the range of 10-15 nanometers which is the correct range for its efficacy as a disease fighter.

And yes, most companies that sell 'colloidal silver' online are really selling ionic silver.  If its water clear, it is NOT colloidal silver! Its Ionic (or in lower concentrations like a lot sell - 10PPM - it could be just water as there's no inexpensive way - read expensive lab test - to determine what you're really buying).

Caveat emptor!

Offline tbrod

• Participant
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2021, 08:36:00 PM »
Thank you for that explanation, Gene..