Author Topic: My First Colloidal Gold Run 1-1-1 Method  (Read 4804 times)

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
My First Colloidal Gold Run 1-1-1 Method
« on: July 01, 2012, 10:45:25 PM »
Howdy All,

Made my first colloidal gold run today ... have a  few questions though but first here is a run down of what I did.

600 ml distilled water
100 mg salt
150 mg citrate
2.5 ml cinnamon extract added after 20 mins run time.
Total run time 62 mins
Used hotplate and magnetic stirrer
37.2 volts
one big drop corn syrup

I got reading while the process was running and see that you said to keep the anode and cathode as far apart as possible?  I didnt do this on this run is this something I should correct here forward?

My cathode (negative copper electrode) is plated with gold, is this normal or am I doing something not quite right and wasting my gold?

I didnt get a reaction of color change till I added the cinnamon extract... at first I ran without it like the video you had on utube then reading through the board decided to add the cinnamon.  Any opinions on this or advice?

Below are a couple pics ... thanks so much!

p/s
pretty excited it worked.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:51:25 PM by lordkarma »

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: My First Colloidal Gold Run 1-1-1 Method
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 10:46:01 PM »
One more questions what is the best way to clean the anode and the cathode electrodes? 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:50:56 PM by lordkarma »

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 11:06:55 PM »
Howdy All,

Made my first colloidal gold run today ... have a  few questions though but first here is a run down of what I did.

600 ml distilled water
100 mg salt
150 mg citrate
2.5 ml cinnamon extract added after 20 mins run time.
Total run time 62 mins
Used hotplate and magnetic stirrer
37.2 volts
one big drop corn syrup

I got reading while the process was running and see that you said to keep the anode and cathode as far apart as possible?  I didnt do this on this run is this something I should correct here forward?

My cathode (negative copper electrode) is plated with gold, is this normal or am I doing something not quite right and wasting my gold?

I didnt get a reaction of color change till I added the cinnamon extract... at first I ran without it like the video you had on utube then reading through the board decided to add the cinnamon.  Any opinions on this or advice?

Below are a couple pics ... thanks so much!

p/s
pretty excited it worked.
If you had added the cinnamon at the start, you wouldn't have lost so much gold on the cathode.
You shouldn't have to clean your anode.  It should be absolutely bright and clean after a run.  If its not, you have some contamination in your solution.  You can just wipe off the cathode, or you can fire clean it.

Congrats on your first run!
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 02:20:12 AM »
The gold wire was perfectly clean just had the gold coating on the negative copper electrode.  Did another run with adding the cinnamon right from the beginning and that made a huge difference.

Now I have made 3 batches which method with gold wire is the best do you think?  The 1-1-1 method is super easy is there any reason to use the others?

Thanks!!
LK

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 11:54:36 AM »
Just trying to get a good pic of the color here in the light.

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 12:01:06 PM »
So now should I up the voltage to 50 volts or 60 volts for each production run?  How do you calculate run times with colloidal gold?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 02:16:03 PM »
So now should I up the voltage to 50 volts or 60 volts for each production run?  How do you calculate run times with colloidal gold?
Well you can if you want.

You cannot calculate a run time like you can for silver.  The reason is that there are several electrolysis processes going on at the same time, and there is no way to tell how much current is being used for each process.  IE: You are electrolyzing the citrate which does not contribute to making gold chloride, you are electrolyzing salt which is making gold chloride, but also sodium hydroxide, hydrogen and oxygen.  So you just have to gauge by the color. 

If you actually look at the the stoichiometry, there is almost 10 times as much salt in my formula as would be needed to make 50 ppm gold.  Without this huge overage, the electrolysis does not favor the production of gold chloride, and it takes a very long time to get any significant amount of colloidal gold. Personally I wouldn't mind the time required, but I do mind the fact that it has to be hot which means dealing with the evaporation loss, and the electricity it requires for the temperature.

There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 02:54:44 PM »
Do we have a color chart that shows the different ppm on the board?  I think someone had done one with colloidal silver that I printed out awhile back that was super helpful when I started with that process.

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 01:49:49 AM »
Kinda perplexed at the moment the taste of my colloidal gold has kinda a metallic taste to it.  I read somewhere on here that if it has a taste associated with it that its part ionic.  :(  Is there a way to test the colloidal gold to know what that taste is that I am getting.  I don't want to consume it if it indeed isn't correct.  All 3 batches that I made were the same 1-1-1 only variation is the latter two had the cinnamon added right at the beginning of the process.  There should be no taste with colloidal gold is that right or not true? 

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 01:59:38 AM »
Kinda perplexed at the moment the taste of my colloidal gold has kinda a metallic taste to it.  I read somewhere on here that if it has a taste associated with it that its part ionic.
Thats true of silver, but there is so much other stuff in the gold that it does have a slight taste.  I can taste chlorine from the chloride, and cinnamon.  You are probably tasting the chlorine that evolved and is dissolved in the water.  There is a very large surplus of reducing agents in the brew, so its highly unlikely that there is any ionic gold left.

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 02:16:13 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply ... chlorine is exactly what my wife said she thought it tasted like.  That puts me at ease that the final product is safe.  That taste must be why you like to add it to a beverage like coffee or tea.  I am storing my colloidal gold in the fridge in a mason jar.  Kept with refrigeration what is a ball park shelf time?  I think I read that you said you usually consume yours in roughly two weeks or so? 

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 03:25:52 AM »
Yep, Boston Mint tea, instant coffee, even hot chocolate mix.  Occasionally, I mix it with grape flavored Propel.