Author Topic: What happened with the color change?  (Read 1174 times)

Nerenul

What happened with the color change?
« on: January 01, 2020, 08:29:20 PM »
We Made colloidal gold with a nice ruby red color. After pouring it into a bottle it turned very dark purple. Why would that happen? Was it just the shock from hitting the cold bottle?

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: What happened with the color change?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 09:56:07 PM »
IIRC, dark purple is a larger particle size but don't quote me  on this.

What was in that bottle before you poured in the colloidal gold?  If it was used before, perhaps it wasn't washed out thoroughly enough or perhaps you didn't rinse it with a few 1oz or so changes of distilled water to make sure there's no chlorine in there. I don't recall if chlorine or other "tap water" components can do this but I'd be shocked if it was temperature.

Hopefully others will chime in on this.

Nerenul

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 10:24:38 PM »
The bottle had previous colloidal gold in it, but was rinsed out with DW. Do I have to dump this now, or can it be diluted? I assume it’s not good to consume the way it is.

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 12:31:03 AM »
That particular color IIRC means the particle size is larger but for sure its been discussed previously so search here for information on it to get an accurate accounting of what it means.

I may be misremembering but something along the lines of it not being dangerous to ingest but large enough particles it won't do any good.

Search around here. As I've said, its been discussed before.  I don't make colloidal gold but I was never one against a good discussion and I read most of them and still do.

Happy New Year!