Author Topic: another stupid question.  (Read 1314 times)

deathrain

another stupid question.
« on: December 19, 2018, 06:29:23 AM »
I've been reading about using gelatin for capping.   What exactly is That? Does it keep the gold from settling out? 

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
Re: another stupid question.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 09:12:02 PM »
Read all the Articles, both for Colloidal Silver and Colloidal Gold.

deathrain

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 03:32:22 AM »
Yeah I have read them.  Idk if I overlooked it.   Would have been great if someone just answered.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 10:19:38 AM »
I've been reading about using gelatin for capping.   What exactly is That? Does it keep the gold from settling out?
It is for making sure, as best we can, that the particles make it through the acid environment of the stomach without the particles being destroyed or agglomerated.

In the small intestine, the gelatine is digested off from the particles, which are then absorbed into the bloodstream, where they can do their work. It works by surrounding each particle (which can often be only 80 atoms in size) with molecules of gelatine, which are huge by comparison.

Gelatine capping is a bit more important in the case of silver (colloidal silver) as silver is more (considerably more) reactive than gold (colloidal gold).
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 01:46:10 PM by cfnisbet »

deathrain

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 07:51:59 PM »
Perfect.  Thank you

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 08:47:28 PM »
Just one more thing.

The ONLY gelatine that works is animal gelatine (Knox clear or similar).  Its a protein and proteins are NOT digested in the stomach but are in the upper part of the small intestine freeing the silver to be nearly 100% absorbed into the blood.

Vegetable gelatine?  Doesn't work just to warn you because the stomach can and does "mess" with it.