Author Topic: Colloidal Gold Made with Cinnamon Bark Tincture.  (Read 2052 times)

Offline jdjamie13

• Participant
Colloidal Gold Made with Cinnamon Bark Tincture.
« on: August 27, 2022, 01:27:32 PM »
Hi guys, a nice little recipe that went BETTER than expected.

1 Liter distilled water
Teaspoon pharmaceutical grade salt.
2x teaspoons of Sodium Citrate
3ml of cinnamon bark extract.

45 mins - 90 degrees 32 Volts at 500mA

The picture doesn't do it justice its a deep ruby red.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Colloidal Gold Made with Cinnamon Bark Tincture.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 04:56:14 PM »
Well done!
Did you use an alcohol extraction or a water extraction?
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline jdjamie13

• Participant
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2022, 06:35:57 PM »
i used alcohol extract :) your recipe

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2022, 07:14:28 PM »
Excellent :)

There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline jdjamie13

• Participant
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2022, 01:24:06 PM »
This method not only works a lot faster but produces a better color, i weighed my anode before and after and would say this is between 50 - 60 ppm :) very happy. I have also noticed that even after leaving it for 7 days uncovered in the fridge there is no little black bits which i found forming in the one made with glucose, making me believe it was the glucose potentially spoiling which was causing these black flex's?

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2022, 10:24:07 AM »
Topic set sticky. Good work.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2022, 02:53:38 PM »
there is no little black bits which i found forming in the one made with glucose, making me believe it was the glucose potentially spoiling which was causing these black flex's?

Yes, and no.

If I fill a beaker with distilled water and I ask you what is in it, what would you say?  Most people would say its just a jar of water and for most people, that answer is good enough.

However its not technically accurate.  In the beaker is the bulk water, but along the sides of the beaker is a layer of water that is different.  Its more structured, with several layers of water molecules that are lined up.  Then there is the surface of the water which is also different and this difference causes surface tension.  In the bulk water, every molecule is surrounded by other molecules, which causes the attractive forces on the molecule to cancel out to zero.  The top layer of water molecules is not surrounded by other water molecules, so the attractive forces do not cancel.  Because of this and the fact that the metal particles are covered in stabilizer molecules, the concentration of silver nanoparticles is greatest at the top layer of water.  If the concentration is higher than the stabilizer layer on the nanoparticles can withstand, the nanoparticles will agglomerate in the top layer of the water causing little floating islands of metal particles.

Offline jdjamie13

• Participant
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2022, 06:09:31 PM »
What an answer!!! :) makes sense to me, thank you for all your support. VERY happy this has become a sticky post, been making it this way now and it comes out perfect every time.