Author Topic: generator multimeter amps  (Read 657 times)

Offline tbrod

• Participant
generator multimeter amps
« on: October 22, 2022, 04:29:07 PM »
Lets see if I can explain this correctly.  I have an old 4nines generator unit (pic attached) to make Colloidal Silver.  The adapter is 12V 1A. It connects as shown in the attached pic.  How do I connect the voltmeter to test how many amps is actually going through this unit....the settings on the voltmeter. This was my first years ago starting out.

Also for the Lifeforce generator unit the same question..24v 0.5  on the adapter but how to use the voltmeter to test how many amps is actually going through.  I canot use faradays law without the right amps.

I don't intend to use these, as I use a Korad PS for colloidal...but I do use the lifeforce for a quick Ionic, RA..  but can give away to a person to learn to start on the 4nines with the right amount of brewing time 

Thanks

Online Pemf silver

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: generator multimeter amps
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2022, 06:57:35 PM »
4-9s was my 1st Silver Generator Before I discovered this forum now I use this homemade device with Volts & Amp Display just modified it with 12v rechargeable battery .

This might help you ;

https://youtu.be/P660hTqkGiY
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 07:05:16 PM by Pemf silver »

Offline tbrod

• Participant
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2022, 07:13:35 PM »
Good video..thanks...however my multimeter isn't like his...so I don't know what setting to use...uploaded a pic of mine.. I'm guessing just connecting to the two prongs on the generator pos and neg.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2022, 09:06:09 PM »
Lets see if I can explain this correctly.  I have an old 4nines generator unit (pic attached) to make Colloidal Silver.  The adapter is 12V 1A. It connects as shown in the attached pic.  How do I connect the voltmeter to test how many amps is actually going through this unit....the settings on the voltmeter. This was my first years ago starting out.

Also for the Lifeforce generator unit the same question..24v 0.5  on the adapter but how to use the voltmeter to test how many amps is actually going through.  I canot use faradays law without the right amps.

I don't intend to use these, as I use a Korad PS for colloidal...but I do use the lifeforce for a quick Ionic, RA..  but can give away to a person to learn to start on the 4nines with the right amount of brewing time 

Thanks
Without having to cut any wires, do this, its not entirely accurate but will give you an idea and the maiximum amount the current could be.
Turn on the unit, with the electrodes connected but not in the water.Set your meter to ma current.
Set you meter to a high range, like 200ma.
Touch one meter lead to the anode, and the other to the cathode.
The meter reading is the max the generator supplies but not how well it regulates.
Once you have a reading, you can switch to a lower ma scale.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline tbrod

• Participant
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2022, 09:48:48 PM »
Okay, on the picture there isn't a high range "200ma"  This is a really weird meter..

When you say connect to anode and cathode, you mean the silver rods?

Thanks
Without having to cut any wires, do this, its not entirely accurate but will give you an idea and the maiximum amount the current could be.
Turn on the unit, with the electrodes connected but not in the water.Set your meter to ma current.
Set you meter to a high range, like 200ma.
Touch one meter lead to the anode, and the other to the cathode.
The meter reading is the max the generator supplies but not how well it regulates.
Once you have a reading, you can switch to a lower ma scale.

Online Pemf silver

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2022, 09:51:36 PM »
Kephra posted this a while ago showing the configuration.

Offline tbrod

• Participant
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2022, 11:00:27 PM »
forget it

Online Pemf silver

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2022, 01:24:18 AM »
Try this one , similar meter to yours .
https://youtu.be/f9lXua_mdQI

The 49s generator will need a current limiting device between the power and probes , that device is only supplied by direct power to the probes @1amp too high of a current

The Life-force generator I believe works on Constant Current circuitry , find out the specs on the device then calculate accordingly to the Ma output on the device .

Maybe Kephra or Gene could assist you further .
Good luck.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 04:02:54 PM by Pemf silver »

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2022, 09:11:51 PM »
I would worry with something you don't know how it works internally about just connecting it directly to the meter. There are fuses in the meter to protect it (safety) that you "could" blow out and these are not standard, find them at Home Depot, type fuses. You'd most likely have to order them online.  I'd say to start with the 10 AMP scale and see about how much you get and then look at the specs of your meter to see what the maximum current the mA scale can tolerate is and if its too high, DO NOT DO IT!

Just so its said, 1 amp is 1000ma so as an example, 200ma would register as 0.200 amps on the 10 amp scale.

That meter looks to be what we call "autoranging" (I think) as there's just a setting for current (milliamps, amps). IT will automagically (wink) determine the correct scaling to display the result correctly but what it won't do is protect itself if you over-current the range, which is easier to do than you'd think with the mA scale (its a much smaller, easier to blow out fuse) so be careful at the least.

Do "friends" a favor. Don't give them that thing. Build them an LM317LZ 3 component current limiter hooked to a wall wart that puts out enough current so they can do it properly.