Author Topic: Effect of size of gold on process  (Read 1737 times)

Offline imcool

• Participant
Effect of size of gold on process
« on: April 12, 2020, 12:40:46 AM »
I am making more colloidal gold by electrolysis process as mentioned below:
40ppm (approx) Colloidal Gold, Electrolysis I

250 ml hot distilled water
100 mg sodium chloride (table salt ok, NOT sea salt)
110 mg trisodium citrate monohydrate
Pure gold anode, copper cathode.
1 ml Cinnamon Extract
Electrolyze with 350 milliamp current for 25 to 30 minutes
Constant stirring and heat required.

As I cant get my hands on gold wires right now, I used 10grams gold bars to create colloidal gold water which you can see here,
https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=5041.msg41693#msg41693

As I have to keep amps as per the instruction, My question is, if i use bigger gold bar,(double the size)  will the time remains same to prepare colloidal gold?

thanks  a lot for replying

Offline imcool

• Participant
Re: Effect of size of gold on process
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 04:01:27 AM »
thanks a lot for replying, i will experiment, i am also planning to join two gold bars together without soldering or any metal, maybe i will use a  rubber band or zip tie

RedDogJT

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 06:27:56 PM »
I would expect a bigger anode to take longer.

I found it better to use a very small anode and a large cathode, just the opposite for silver.

You will just have to try it.

The formula given is to reproduce my results.  My power supply would not supply any more current than that.  If I had more amps available, I would have increased it.
Bill, can you elaborate more on your formula with the smaller power supply?  I bought a PSU for making silver, and I think I'm in the same boat as you, would you share your details please?

Offline imcool

• Participant
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 06:01:59 PM »

I found it better to use a very small anode and a large cathode, just the opposite for silver.

The formula given is to reproduce my results.  My power supply would not supply any more current than that.  If I had more amps available, I would have increased it.

I used bigger gold bar 1.83inch length x 0.63 inch width x 0.05inch (thick) and made 800ml colloidal  gold water without any issues at 350mA and Cathode copper wire was 2mm diameter 1.83 inches long . have a look at the final product here
https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=5092.0

bcboy

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 09:40:39 PM »

Thank You.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 08:42:40 AM »
What we mean by a bigger anode in Colloidal Gold making, is to have a big chunk of gold (within available finances) and just let the tip or edge touch the water. This way, the active part of the anode is tiny (good) and the gold erodes slowly from a relatively-large "block".

bcboy

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 11:35:01 AM »
What we mean by a bigger anode in Colloidal Gold making, is to have a big chunk of gold (within available finances) and just let the tip or edge touch the water. This way, the active part of the anode is tiny (good) and the gold erodes slowly from a relatively-large "block".
So if I have a piece of 14 gauge wire I should make an "L" shape and have that touch the water? Or what would you do with the wire? Thanks for your time.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2020, 06:04:48 PM »
Hold the wire in a gas flame and melt the tip into a ball on the end of the wire. Submerge only the ball in the water and electrolyse.