Author Topic: HOW TO MAKE COLLOIDAL SILVER if you can't get a SilverTron  (Read 47645 times)

Smoke7

Re: HOW TO MAKE COLLOIDAL SILVER if you can't get a SilverTron
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2020, 02:31:22 AM »
I have another question:
Is anybody using an ISOBUTANE to heat it up the process? In my opinion it is much easier control the temperature over electric. This is what I would like to use. Any thoughts? 

I think I just found the answer to my own question: It will be less stable and easy to knocked down and spill the precious silver  :'(

A gas ring is fine; either will do.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 03:36:22 PM by cfnisbet »

Marco_1

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2020, 10:58:21 AM »
I know that the number of mA is important to calculate how much silver is released.
It is indicated that at least 10V is required for this process, but between 10V and 30V (recommended power supply) there is quite a difference.
What is the ideal voltage to work with? and does a higher voltage have any advantages?

Technically, the higher voltage, the better. However, the actual figure does not matter. To understand this, you need to know how a Constant Current circuit works. As the conductivity increases (the more colloid is in solution) then gradually the voltage will decrease and the current (amperage) increases. In other words, the voltage required to "push" the current around decreases. This is what you are seeing. You cannot hold both current and voltage steady; voltage reduces as the machine puts more ions into solution.

Higher voltage is however better, as the ions are dispersed faster from the anode; the entire process is a balancing act, everything affects everything else. If it were simple, this forum (and this thread in particular) would not need to exist.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 09:50:53 PM by cfnisbet »

Etheric Zone 1111

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2020, 03:15:45 PM »
Question: The blowtorch method for cleaning your silver, is there other methods that work as well? Say a rubber eraser and microfiber cloth?

Always fire-clean. It is the method "invented" by a German scientist who was a member on the forum in the past. As the Americans, Russians and others have found, the most innovative scientists have tended to be German (!)

Operation paperclip!

Well spotted. The Comedian Al Murray (YouTube refers) made an entire speech out of that fact; the trouble is, I would wager only half the audience realised that it was based on what you have pointed out.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 03:38:59 PM by cfnisbet »

Smoke7

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2020, 07:11:28 PM »
Question: The blowtorch method for cleaning your silver, is there other methods that work as well? Say a rubber eraser and microfiber cloth?

Always fire-clean. It is the method "invented" by a German scientist who was a member on the forum in the past. As the Americans, Russians and others have found, the most innovative scientists have tended to be German (!)

Operation paperclip!

Well spotted. The Comedian Al Murray (YouTube refers) made an entire speech out of that fact; the trouble is, I would wager only half the audience realised that it was based on what you have pointed out.

Is there a specific way to clean with the torch (for example, how long to heat up 1/8” rods, how much heat to apply, what to use to clean the rods after heat was applied:  paper towel, microfiber cloth or anything else to wipe it out?) Is there any instructions?
Thank you 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 07:36:44 PM by Smoke7 »

Smoke7

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2020, 07:38:33 PM »
Put the anode in the blue flame and heat it until it changes color to white.  Let it cool, and its ready to go.  It won't look like silver because the surface will be very granular.   This is normal.

Thank you.

dlipter

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2020, 04:44:02 AM »
Here is a 0.5 micron stainless steel air stone that mught be useful for filtering. They are also available in 2 micron.

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4000237924552.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.32ca710cTX2qbi&algo_pvid=f4a83565-0deb-4cfc-a164-07728514a23a&algo_expid=f4a83565-0deb-4cfc-a164-07728514a23a-22&btsid=0ab6f82215857985629188099e3eeb&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Yes, this seems OK; I just feel that coffee filter papers are an unnecessary consumable. Normally the particles of silver oxide are easily visible and therefore the filtration doesn't need to be particularly high-quality. Just run it "backwards" to make it easier to clean.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 11:29:46 AM by cfnisbet »

Offline edwire

• Expert
  • Participant
Chemistry is the melodies you can play on vibrating strings

Offline edwire

• Expert
  • Participant
Chemistry is the melodies you can play on vibrating strings

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2020, 05:55:47 AM »
What type size of tubing would be needed? I found one stone in the UK on eBay but it does not mention on the listing about what type of tubing would be required.

Also, do you have to wait till it goes cold before filtering or can you filter while hot?

You can filter while hot if you wish, but most people tend to let the Colloidal Silver cool.

As to the tubing diameter, a piece of 2 metres long, 6mm outside diameter/4mm inside diameter is what you need.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 06:29:49 PM by cfnisbet »

Etheric Zone 1111

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2020, 04:45:16 PM »
Are I bleached coffee filters sufficient to strain the colloidal silver?

Thanks Ed

Certainly. I would not use a filter paper but there's no reason why not, apart from maybe cost and the speed of filtering.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 06:31:15 PM by cfnisbet »

RedDogJT

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2020, 09:38:43 PM »
Here is a great cap idea to hold the anode and cathode without any clips, and is easy to move up and down.
1/8" thick rubber glued to lid, and 1/4" plastic glued to the rubber.

Excellent idea.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 03:35:51 PM by cfnisbet »

Smoke7

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2020, 10:26:29 PM »
I am not a big coins collector or know much about silver.
Can someone help me with this: Scarce 1985 1oz .999 Fine Silver Jelenko Dental Health Products Silver Art Bar.
Is this real .999 silver or just an art bar. Will this be a good choice?
Thank you.

This is an art bar and it is .999 fine. It is very good for use as an anode. The advantage of using a bullion bar is that it has markings which are effectively as good as a hallmark (same as a bullion coin).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 03:38:16 PM by cfnisbet »

Offline Familyman

• Participant
    • Richard Wright Photography
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2020, 10:34:47 PM »
Can someone help me with this: Scarce 1985 1oz .999 Fine Silver Jelenko Dental Health Products Silver Art Bar.
Thank you.

It looks like .999 fine silver so it should work just fine.

Yes, it's good. you can acid-test it at a jeweller if you wish.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 08:52:40 PM by cfnisbet »
Life; Ride it like you stole it !

Smoke7

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2020, 11:44:08 PM »
Thank you.

It looks like .999 fine silver so it should work just fine.

Thank you.

Offline imcool

• Participant
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2020, 02:14:38 AM »
The Power Supply Unit;

This is the sort of laboratory bench Power Supply Unit you need. The one in the photo is a 30 Volt 5 Amp DC power supply. It must have a Constant-Current circuit in the specifications, and 30V with 3A output is about the minimum.

I am not going to give schematics or tell people how to convert a plug-in wall transformer, as I want anyone to be able to buy the stuff that I recommend straight off the shelf and use it.

The disadvantage of this unit is that the Constant Current circuitry is not very accurate in the measurement of very small currents, but it does hold that small current accurately. What I mean is that one of my bench PSU holds a current of 5 milliamps accurately at 7 milliamps; the stated current (5mA) is not the same as the output current (which is 7mA), but it does hold 7mA reasonably closely throughout the run. It is therefore adequate for our purpose.

The units are reasonably cheap and can be bought from eBay or Amazon very easily.

can i use same supply for colloidal gold  as well, I read somewhere that you must have 40vdc for making colloidal gold, but I dont have 40vdc, I only have 30VDC 10A supply, please advise. thank you

Yes, this is partly the reason that these PSUs were chosen. Just change the machine to operate in Constant Voltage mode and run it according to the instructions in the Colloidal Gold Production thread. Your 30V10A PSU is perfectly good; if you ever get another and want one specifically for Colloidal Gold production, then maybe the 50V10A option might be a little better, but the one you have is fine for the purpose.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 02:32:06 PM by cfnisbet »