Author Topic: Troubleshooting  (Read 10782 times)

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
Re: Troubleshooting
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 05:03:54 AM »
  I learned those from Kephra.  I forgot to mention the fine mesh ss coffee filter, which I also picked up from the master.

Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2018, 06:57:10 AM »
It depends on the speed of filtering that you require, but I always use an aquarium "bubbler" stone, attached to a long piece of tubing and run it backwards. That is to say, drop the stone into the Colloidal Silver and siphon off the Colloidal Silver into your storage bottle using the plastic or silicon tube.

This is highly effective and the stone is much easier to clean afterwards, than if you run the "impure" Colloidal Silver into the stone, as the impurities fall off the stone much easier. You will need one stone for each type of Colloidal Silver that you are making, as Ionic Silver Oxide must not be filtered using the same stone as the one you use for reduced forms of Colloidal Silver.

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 12:04:07 PM »
cfnisbet.

How do you clean your air bubbler stones??  And how often??  Thanks

Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2018, 09:45:20 PM »
I force clean DW through the tube attached to the stone so that it blows the grey "dust" off the outside of the stone. The dust then drips off the stone down the sink.

So you filter from the bulk liquid out through the stone, into the plastic or silicone tube and finally it trickles out of the tube into your storage bottle.

To clean the stone, you run clean DW the other way and any insoluble matter drips off the outside of the stone. I hope I have made this clear for you, but ask if you have any further questions.

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 09:00:20 AM »
cfnisbet,

That was perfectly clear and I thank you sir.

Bobby

Offline Cher Sherwood

• Participant
    • Resonated Rock
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 03:50:49 PM »
Curious about the dog question in this thread. I don't have a dog. But I do have a rabbit. He has free roam of the main floor in my house and is a massive shedder (he's litter trained, just so you aren't thinking I'm gross and living amongst rabbit poops. And I vacuum a lot because of his hair). Is that why the dog question was brought up? To filter out hair?
The only thing you can control in life is your reaction.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2018, 03:55:42 PM »
Curious about the dog question in this thread.
My dog sheds like crazy, and there are always dog hairs floating around.  So I filter to make sure no dog hairs are in my Colloidal Silver.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

MomRosie

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2018, 10:40:57 PM »
The other day I tried making 320ppm capped. I'm going to include the photo but I believe it may be a fail. Very dark. Black and no light shines through.  I took 1 tablespoon and put it in 8 ounces of water and have also included the photo. To me. it looks more like 40ppm.

What could I have possibly done wrong? The only thing I noticed was that there was definitely more black on my silver in the first 1 1/2 hours than the last part of the run. The second half of the run my silver bar hardly had any dark black compared to the beginning. During the first 2 hours, my silver tron also had a little harder time maintaining the 15ma. The last hour or so it didn't jump around at all. I never changed the speed of my magnet and it never broke the water.  Any thoughts?

MomRosie

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2018, 10:49:16 PM »
Having the hardest time getting a jpeg to attatch.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2018, 11:12:34 PM »
That's what its supposed to look like.  I think you had a successful run.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Cher Sherwood

• Participant
    • Resonated Rock
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2018, 11:14:22 PM »
I was told the 320 ppm (I thought it looked like 40 ppm of non-gelatine capped according to Kephra's colour samples) does look quite a bit darker because of the gelatine. I think you may have done a good job? lol I'm interested in what others will say
The only thing you can control in life is your reaction.

MomRosie

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2018, 02:12:44 AM »
Amen. Thank you! Now on to making more!! lol

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2018, 04:55:05 AM »
MomRosie,

I second what Kephra said!  That looks like a perfect color to me. 

Bobby

MomRosie

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2018, 08:53:13 PM »
I was just checking a batch I made about 3 weeks ago. 20ppm Colloidal Silver. When I looked at the bottom there were flecks of silver. I didn't notice it when i made it or I would have transferred it to another container. Is this what is considered "falling out"? Is this a fail? Does it need to be thrown out? What did I do wrong?

I can't attach a picture, it never works for me with my phone. Says the picture is too large. If someone can tell me how to get it to attach, I gladly will!

Thank you!

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2018, 09:07:46 PM »
I was just checking a batch I made about 3 weeks ago. 20ppm colloidal silver. When I looked at the bottom there were flecks of silver. I didn't notice it when i made it or I would have transferred it to another container. Is this what is considered "falling out"? Is this a fail? Does it need to be thrown out? What did I do wrong?

I can't attach a picture, it never works for me with my phone. Says the picture is too large. If someone can tell me how to get it to attach, I gladly will!

Thank you!
Not a fail.  If its flecks, you can just filter it through a coffee filter or decant it.
There are size limits to attaching photos, 512kb.  If your photo is larger than that, you have to resize it with a photo editor or Microsoft paint.