Author Topic: Colloidal Copper?  (Read 2470 times)

Offline SaltyCornflakes

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: Colloidal Copper?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2023, 04:25:37 PM »
The problem is that nutrition science is a battlefield. There are lots of interests involved by the food providers, and also of the many studies that are written, the media is happy to pick up the biased ones and write terrible articles like "Why butter is fine after all." And then, two months later, "Actually no, go high-carb." Or "You won't believe which three nutrients will Totally Transform Your Life." It's all just tendentious BS and it never seems to get to a single truth or objective reality re: what's healthy for us.

The truth is that the dose makes the poison (Paracelsus). If your body had no copper, it would probably disintegrate. If you had heavy copper toxicity and no way to deal with it, your eyes would turn metallic brown and you'd die. Nutrients work synergistically - you want exactly as much as you need and the body knows how much to absorb and how much to pass. But when you take an isolated element like Copper as a colloid, the body has no way to say "no" - it's all absorbed because it is so pure and there are no factors like slow release through natural fibre.

It's the same with High fructose corn syrup. It's pretty much toxic because it comes in all at once. Yet fruits carry amazing health benefits. Is fructose good or bad now? Fructose is a powder. We don't eat powder, we eat food. Except when we do eat powder, as in supplements. And that's also the reason why I am arguing against these so much.

It's good that you stopped. I would just get a blood test so there's no guesswork as to deficiencies, if there are any. Usually it's just B12, sometimes zinc or iron. And ideally you'd still want to fix these with your food choices. This is also an empowering point of view that suggests that you have all the tools to be healthy at your disposal. You don't need pills, or jabs, or even colloids. Your body is literally a magic machine and your willpower's a wishing wand. That's the ideal, anyway. I don't snub medicines that work. ;)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 04:56:14 PM by SaltyCornflakes »

Offline AVPX1

• Participant
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2023, 05:49:04 PM »
Thanks guys
Maybe I'll get a fasting blood test done. I think they are pretty cheap. I haven't been to a doctor in many years and hate going to them.
I've thought about a wholefoods approach to nutrition. Perhaps I'll reconsider it. :)

Offline Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2023, 06:37:29 PM »
I put molasses in my coffee instead of sugar. I find the added flavour to be more pleasant than without it. Molasses has trace amounts of copper. The effect I've noticed is my hair grows faster and longer on the arms and legs. My brother does the same but for him, he got all his hair colour back. This took a few years to happen and he never noticed till I pointed it out to him.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline GER11

• Participant
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2023, 07:04:16 PM »
The problem is that nutrition science is a battlefield. There are lots of interests involved by the food providers, and also of the many studies that are written, the media is happy to pick up the biased ones and write terrible articles like "Why butter is fine after all." And then, two months later, "Actually no, go high-carb." Or "You won't believe which three nutrients will Totally Transform Your Life." It's all just tendentious BS and it never seems to get to a single truth or objective reality re: what's healthy for us.

The truth is that the dose makes the poison (Paracelsus). If your body had no copper, it would probably disintegrate. If you had heavy copper toxicity and no way to deal with it, your eyes would turn metallic brown and you'd die. Nutrients work synergistically - you want exactly as much as you need and the body knows how much to absorb and how much to pass. But when you take an isolated element like Copper as a colloid, the body has no way to say "no" - it's all absorbed because it is so pure and there are no factors like slow release through natural fibre.

It's the same with High fructose corn syrup. It's pretty much toxic because it comes in all at once. Yet fruits carry amazing health benefits. Is fructose good or bad now? Fructose is a powder. We don't eat powder, we eat food. Except when we do eat powder, as in supplements. And that's also the reason why I am arguing against these so much.

It's good that you stopped. I would just get a blood test so there's no guesswork as to deficiencies, if there are any. Usually it's just B12, sometimes zinc or iron. And ideally you'd still want to fix these with your food choices. This is also an empowering point of view that suggests that you have all the tools to be healthy at your disposal. You don't need pills, or jabs, or even colloids. Your body is literally a magic machine and your willpower's a wishing wand. That's the ideal, anyway. I don't snub medicines that work. ;)

Thank you for this enlightening explanation on the issue of supplements, I agree that we are in an era of overdose of interest that the only thing they do is misinform. I always think that each one has the knowledge to use what is necessary in the best way at each moment, only that it is not a conscious knowledge. The problem is when we interfere in this constant rebalancing in a lasting way, not only through bad nutritional choices, but also through bad thought choices.

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2023, 01:56:42 AM »
There was also something regarding the high fructose corn syrup soda manufacturers were using to sweeten their products I read a few years back stating that the contain a toxin and that its VERY difficult to get a sample of what the soda manufacturers use (if true, I can see why). I don't remember the toxin - might have been mercury or something else nearly as nasty. Do I put this past the dark side processed food producers? Not a chance!

Not only is the nutritional value of our food chain easily 20-30% of what it was just 50 years ago, its a LOT more toxic these days (sigh).

Offline tbrod

• Participant
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2023, 06:18:47 PM »
This is a true statement!

Sovereign Silver also sells ionic silver - pretending that it's the true colloidal silver that folks on this forum make.

Just sayin'