Author Topic: Requesting help.  (Read 48272 times)

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Requesting help.
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2018, 01:25:22 PM »
Use a smaller diameter cathode, like 12 or 14 gauge copper house wiring.
Also, you don't have to submerge the full anode.
But its normal to have only a small amount of cathode submerged.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
Re: 320 ppm process
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2018, 11:58:37 AM »
hi, I produced my first batch of 320ppm colloidal silver  8) .I  have 4 questions.

1. shall I compensate the loss of water due to condensation from time to time in the process?
Yes, but if your Colloidal Silver is covered while hot you should not lose too much water.  I top mine off at the end.
2. I don't see any residue on the bottom, do I need to filter it anyway?
Not if you don't want to.
3.after I dilute, should the solution be tasteless?
It should not taste metallic.  I can't taste anything in mine.
4. when I dilute 1 tablespoon(15ml) of 320ppm  in 250ml to obtain a 20ppm solution, can I use any water or I must dilute only in DW? ::)
No, you can use any drinkable water to dilute with the exception of heavily chlorinated water.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Dean

• Expert
  • Participant
    • Social SilverTron Facebook Portal
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2018, 05:39:10 PM »
Alex,

When I make 320 I start electrolysis at about 30 degrees C. Then I allow it to steadily rise getting to between 75 - 80 degrees ONLY BY THE END OF THE RUN!.

I make 1 litre batches always so i'm in for about 5 hrs. 20 minutes at 15ma.
The expansion as it starts to heat sees volume increase beyond the 1 litre mark and I have full coverage of the 1 litre beaker with a lid (breather hole in the centre only.)

I have NEVER ended up with less than 1 litre by the end! try gentle increasing of heat rather than wacking the cell straight in at high temp. It really doesn't need it. As long you are above the solubility limit and you're reducing and electrolyte is accurate you should sail through the batch.

It never tastes metallic.

I do filter but in truth, if you are diligent and careful with anode / cathode cleaning during the run, you shouldn't get any residue.

As Kephra says, any drinkable water AFTER production is fine. I put it in tea, coffee, orange juice, distilled water, filtered water..........

Well done on the run!

Offline Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2018, 05:23:02 PM »
A while back I was with a friend talking about the 320 ppm colloidal silver while we were diluting it into our drinks. I had lemonade with some lemon slices lurking around the bottom of the glass. Around the lemon slices where the acid levels would be greatest the colloidal sliver solution (diluted to 20 ppm) started to turn red on me.

So, even though the 320 ppm could be diluted into almost anything, I learned that day to not use something that is too extremely acidic like strong lemon juice.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline emanwols

• Participant
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2018, 12:53:58 PM »
Hello Neofizz
i do not understand why if gelatin capped colloidal silver can or should withstand stomach acids it cannot withstand lemon juice for a few minutes.
Also i would like the views from all forum members as to why they think my 320ppm colloidal silver has a  slighlty bitter taste  when i use it neat( without dilution) as a mouthwash just for gargling after brushing. I must add that i brew all my Colloidal Silver with what used to be 7 guage silver rods at 48mA and i do not have any debris on the bottom of my flasks when production is done.
Thanks

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2018, 01:26:53 PM »
Gelatin holds particles in suspension.  So you might be making a lot of silver oxide particles and not seeing it because of the gelatin holding it in suspension.

Offline Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2018, 01:16:26 AM »
Hello Neofizz
i do not understand why if gelatin capped colloidal silver can or should withstand stomach acids it cannot withstand lemon juice for a few minutes.

This took more than a few minutes to happen. It was a large glass and took the better part of an hour to consume. It was about at the half hour point that I noticed the colour change occurring at the sliced areas of the lemon wedges at the bottom of the glass. I was considering with the lemon wedges being where the acid strength would be greatest, that it was the cause of the colour change I was seeing. This is just my observation.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline emanwols

• Participant
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2018, 01:32:38 AM »
Gelatin holds particles in suspension.  So you might be making a lot of silver oxide particles and not seeing it because of the gelatin holding it in suspension.
When i dilute the 320ppm Colloidal Silver just to check for turbidity and colour everything seems fine. but since i do not drink it do you think that it is still effective as a mouthwash even with the silver oxide particles?

Offline emanwols

• Participant
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2018, 01:36:32 AM »
Hello Neofizz

This took more than a few minutes to happen. It was a large glass and took the better part of an hour to consume. It was about at the half hour point that I noticed the colour change occurring at the sliced areas of the lemon wedges at the bottom of the glass. I was considering with the lemon wedges being where the acid strength would be greatest, that it was the cause of the colour change I was seeing. This is just my observation.
Fair enough. I assume that our Colloidal Silver will make it out of the stomach into intestines long before acids affect it

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2018, 01:42:54 AM »
do you think that it is still effective as a mouthwash even with the silver oxide particles
Yes.

Offline Dean

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2018, 06:56:14 PM »
Alex,

I would only add the silver to a drink when needed. Keep it in it's own vessel until you need it.
If you make a lid, make sure you use something that will not leach anything into the cell during production.

The lid that Kephra provides with the Silverton is made from antibacterial food cutting board (you know the white ones).

I made one from a sugar jar lid that was made from wood at the beginning because it fitted my 1 litre beaker.
It used to sweat which brought contamination into the cell as it dripped in over time.

So whatever you do, use something like the food board and cut to size and accurately drill to 1. 5" (38mm) centres for your electrodes.

Good Luck!

Offline Argentum

• Participant
40 ppm turbidity problem
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2018, 02:32:56 PM »
I've run into the same issue when adding the reducing agent while it is cooking. Then tried it with both the reducing agent and the capping agent, not really much better.

What I do now is to heat the distilled water in a 900 W microwave for 3.33 minutes, add just the electrolyte, top off the cell w/DW and start the process. I have also made a insulating wrap for the cell as I don't use a hot plate. But there is a stirrer.

Once the time is up (5 ma, .95 l, 1 ml electrolyte, 2 hours run time), the Colloidal Silver is a light yellow in color. I place the capping agent (liquid gelatin), and the reducing agent (karo) into an empty distilled water jug. Reheat the cell in the microwave for 1.11 minutes. Then pour it into the jug, cap and shake. Leave sit until cool.

Then bottle it. By the next morning it is a light amber color and clear.

Argentum

Offline Dean

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: 40 ppm turbidity problem
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2018, 11:23:52 PM »
hi, after making a lot of 20ppm and also 320 ppm with success, today I mess up something with my first 40ppm process.
I heated 2L of DW 001ppm  to 50degres C  then put 36 drops electrolyte (18 drops is 1ml for my dropper)and 20 drops 50/50 reducing agent.current was 10mA.started the process and the water temp rise slowly with the process until 70 degrees C.cleaned up the electrodes every 30 min.something strange was when I pull out the electrodes for cleaning with the torch I saw something  like greenish moisture on the anode .from what I've read,  a lot of people here don't heat so much,  maybe 50 degrees is enough?what do you think, where I've mess up things? :o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhW6ku9BFDM&feature=youtu.be

Alex,

The batches I make are 40 and 320 pretty much exclusively and always 1 litre volume.

For 40ppm try 1 litre first and see how you get on with this process:

1. Room temp DW (1litre about 20 - 22 degrees C)
2. Start heat and spin (heat dial at about 12 o'clock only or the point at which you are getting heat in).
3. Add your 1ml Electrolyte (for 1 litre volume)
4. Add your karo
5. let the temp get up to about 30 degrees
6. Start your cell - I run at 10ma with a bullion
7. Keep an eye on the temperature but don't go above 40 C. (You really don't need to).
8. Finish the cell
9. Turn off the heat - Leave it spinning for a few minutes.
10. See how it looks.

Alternatively
Follow the above but use / try 0.6g of maltodextrin as your reducer.
I get the cleanest most consistent batches ever using malto. (tried this after reading some of Wayne's posts).

for both my preferred batches (40 and 320) I start the cell at 30c and let them rise for the duration of the runs. I keep the 40ppm to 40c max (and only 40c by the end of the 1 hour run time)

The 320 I start at 30c and let it slowly rise to about 75c by the end of the 5 1/2 hour run (15ma with a bullion)

Hope this helps.

Offline Dean

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2018, 08:54:08 PM »
Alex,

A few things to check...

1. Have you recently cleaned your beaker with peroxide?
I had a 40ppm batch go completely opaque within about 10 minutes once.
I had just cleaned my beaker with hydrogen peroxide so thoroughly, thoroughly cleaned it again and it went perfect the second time round.

2. Are you using fresh electrolyte / accurately mixed?
Sometimes just going back to basics is enough to alter the chemistry.

3. Are anode and cathode fire cleaned before the run starts?
Just to rule out any contamination “pre-run”
4. Is your Karo fresh ( can attract mould if diluted and not used up fairly quickly.)

Just a few checks to eliminate the most common causes of what I’ve found to affect clarity.

Lastly, you’re still taking the temperature higher than I would go. I start the cell at 30c and let it rise to 40c by the end.

Have a go at that and see what happens.

Hope this helps.

Offline Argentum

• Participant
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2018, 12:39:58 AM »
I've never been able to get non-turbid 40 PPM when adding a reducer or reducer and capping agent at the beginning. I wait until the electrolysis is done then add the reducer and capping agent to a plastic jug and pour in the Colloidal Silver to fully reduce and cap it.

The other thing, are you keeping the cell voltage above 10 volts?

Interesting phenomenon with what looks like smoke coming off the anode.

Argentum