Production Techniques and Chemistry > Colloidal Silver Production

Maltodextrin tidbits

(1/7) > >>

WayneInPHX:
After doing a lot of calculation work regarding my Maltodextrin calculator, I realize that my "comments' tags in it represent some decent info. SO, here it is:

A single molecule of Glucose has TWO binding points in its molecular chain.  1 Molecule of glucose reduces 2 atoms of silver oxide.
Although Maltodextrin can have 3 to 17 glucose molecules in each Maltodextrin molecule, ONLY the last one in the chain of the Maltodextrin molecule is available to reduce.

Maltodextrin is a weird animal.  It does not have a constant molecular weight from one molecule to the next.  That’s not to say that a bag of it in your hand is magically changing before your eyes.  Each molecule can have a different length of glucose chains ranging from  3 to 17.  Because of this we need to “guess” at the weight.  Different sources would appear to have chains within a certain range. When you buy a new bag, it may vary greatly from your previous stock, requiring a adjustment. Because of this, I would NOT mix old with new.  For the same reasons, you may find that two different sources “taste” significantly sweeter/less sweet.  It is that chain length thing that will be the cause. Just remember that each time you purchase some, adjustments may be needed.

Maltodextrin consists of D-glucose units connected in chains of variable length. The glucose units are primarily linked with α(1→4) glycosidic bonds. Maltodextrin is typically composed of a mixture of chains that vary from three to seventeen glucose units in length.  Only the last molecule in the chain actually does the reduction.

A real laboratory derivation of the Dextrose equivalent requires testing a sample.  Though it is a fairly simple process, the mathematical formulas are complex and equipment needed is expensive.

Whether 3, 17 or anything in between, only the last molecule in the each chain reduces 2 silver ions, meaning that each Maltodextrin molecule, regardless of how many Glucose molecules exist in it, can only reduce two atoms.

As you can see from sequence below, The midpoint is 10, and 8 is slightly less than halfway between the mid and lowest molecule number.  Seems a reasonable WAG to start with.

# of Molecules

10     ← midpoint
     8     ← good starting point

Dean:
Thanks for the info wayne,

I appreciate the considerable effort you've put into this.
Having fun with the calculator and working on a version for excel users when time allows.
I have a little plan for it too to help me track my batches. I hope you like it.

You've actually solved a problem for me with this as I didn't have a lot of success with malto in the first instance. Now getting some cracking jars knocked out. Super super consistent! Pretty damn clear too.

You'd never even know they weren't the same batch dropped into 2 jars they are that consistent !

So really really appreciate your effort on helping me get to grips with this !

Take care my friend :-)

WayneInPHX:

--- Quote from: Dean on February 07, 2017, 11:59:36 PM ---Thanks for the info wayne,...

I appreciate the considerable effort you've put into this...

So really really appreciate your effort on helping me get to grips with this !

Take care my friend :-)

--- End quote ---

You're Welcome!

I think I might be going peculiar...  Evey time I turn around I think of something to add. :P
What I'm toying with next is a dynamic CHART showing at what times your production solution passes a particular PPM amount.  In other words, PPM over time.
AAHHHHHHHHhHHhHh!!!   Someone throw me a rope!...... with a noose!  LOL

Bobby:
Hey Dean, 

Do you mind sharing your formulas.

Bobby

Dean:
Hi Bobby,

NO! NO BOBBY! They are mine! You cannot have them! I love them, they are my babies, they live in a dark place covered with lead, an old blanket, wooden pallets and a rotting banana skin to ward off evil spirits who seek to challenge their very existence. If ANYONE should stumble across them, they will surely perish amidst the greatness that is Kephra, Lord of our black art and keeper of the book that becomes us ONLY when winter mists descend this earth and Stir the giants of wisdom.

NEVER! Let word or deed by hand of man dissolve the spirit of mans endeavour OR be divided among greater warriors that seek to learn from greatness that steals our broken heart for THIS day! THIS day! THIS DAY LEAVETH ME WEAK WITH ENVY ! Charting my course through formidable enemies!

And so it is said, my art thou shall not be deprived this awesome power that has befallen me this day.
For is it not 20 parts in 1 million that be done simply cold but not of freezing temperature, only tepid as the day provides lest no more heat be brought to bear upon this jar of mine!

Always but 1 litre giveth me consistency for that I seek each batch upon it.
Dripping always 1vial of the speed demon that doth speed up production of this serum!
1ml lot doth make it right and correctness of this wonder powder mixed with water pure in content giveth me the result that is needed.

For 40 particles in 1 million again shall I add more heat than allows me to collect with bear hand from a magical heating device with flashing lights and beeping its completion. But beyond 40 degrees C may no man travel without risk of gravely turbid times ahead !

But for simplicity and whimsical fascination doth we try to provide convenience for our patrons.
Consumed by hours of endless fire cleaning to rid the Gods of destruction.
Adding but 32 drops of Beauty does the solution begin and end with success.
No more than that which requires a stable work from which to forge this black gold that is our silver!
But with heat that cannot be touched nor held would man be taken In by such foolishness!

5 long hours should pass my eyes before the land falls silent and capped silver may linger in a jar especially prepared for longer times than concentrations low may be wisly avoided !

Take heed Bobby, each man and woman alone can master such wizardry !
Yet no man or woman is permitted to see inward where understanding lets us down save for the All seeing God  that is

Kephra, Keeper of the Book!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version