Production Techniques and Chemistry > Colloidal Gold Production

Colloidal Gold first try.

<< < (2/4) > >>

cosanostra:
Can I ask - my running time is 30 mins and there is chloride taste. The amount of sodium chloride is on your formula - if I cut it, this would reduce possible time of electrolysing and could reach end point soon before 30th min, but without chloride taste. Right?

kephra:
If you taste chlorine (not salt), it is not done yet.   It should not taste like chlorinated water.  It may taste salty because of the residual sodium.
Decreasing the amount of sodium chloride will decrease the time, but also decrease the ppm strength.

cosanostra:
Agh yes, it was chlorine taste and smell. I thought, when color get rich enough it's done. I made new batch with 2/3 NaCl and almost double of time and get richer color and no taste. But how to know exactly when it's finish, something about bubbles? Posibbility of overcook?

kephra:
Its done when there is no more change, and no chlorine coming off.  You can't overcook it.

cosanostra:

--- Quote from: kephra on March 22, 2019, 05:14:31 PM ---Its done when there is no more change, and no chlorine coming off.  You can't overcook it.

--- End quote ---
Ok I get it, thanks.
For 250 ml DW I'm using
100mg NaCl
110mg sodium citrate
220mg glucose
5-6 drops agave syrup
My kathode turns black on top. Do you think it's losing a gold?
I'm using instant coffee successful for silver reduction, do you think it's good for gold?
I've tried once but got dark solution, and was unable to definate what color is red or purple.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version