Author Topic: Colloidal Gold first try.  (Read 4324 times)

tony14

Re: Colloidal Gold first try.
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 05:31:24 AM »
Just because your alligator clip is not in the water does not mean it will not oxidize.  It is connected to positive voltage, which creates metal ions on its surface which will allow it to react with the oxygen in the air, and the OH ions which are present even in distilled water.
Thanks Kephra, that was my concern, stuff dropping in. Insulating tape seems to work but not a long-term fix. I chose bullion locally (no GST??) since Au wire ex UK was more expensive.

So far all good but unsure of mg since scale dodgy. 5 runs, 500ml/0.5A/60V/20mins produces perfectly clear ruby-red colloidal gold smelling/tasting slightly of cinnamon. Scale 'says' ingot now 940g so 'guess' @ 12g/batch from colour? Hopefully 10mg scale arrives soon so I can be more sure. (If it works!)

While emptying my 50ml brown dropper-bottle (that had golden syrup reducer in) to make some more cinnamon tincture the dropper tube had a nice white, fuzzy blob in it with green areas. I'm having success with cinnamon for Colloidal Silver & colloidal gold so happy with that.

Thanks for all the advice.   tony

tony14

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2019, 04:39:42 AM »
My K also is black along the water-line
Also after 3 runs there was a black deposit on the gold ingot alligator-clip that could be scraped-off but nothing in the liquid. (The alligator clip gets evaporated liquid, it's not in electrolyte.)
Same scenario to me. Kathode is copper rod. I'm not using clips, but gold is isolated with insulating tape.
The insulating tape gets hot and expands so I tried plumbing PTFE tape. It withstands the temperature and completely covers the metal croc-clip. Works well.

bcboy

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2020, 08:51:55 PM »
If you taste chlorine (not salt), it is not done yet.   It should not taste like chlorinated water.  It may taste salty because of the residual sodium.
Decreasing the amount of sodium chloride will decrease the time, but also decrease the ppm strength.

Its done when there is no more change, and no chlorine coming off.  You can't overcook it.

Thank you Bill. 8)