Author Topic: A few questions on power source.  (Read 1715 times)

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
A few questions on power source.
« on: August 18, 2016, 04:50:38 PM »
Kephra,

I have a place where I can get discontinued 6, 2, 1 volt lead acid batteries. The small ones with maybe 9-14 amp hour ratings.  Are these types of batteries acceptable for powering the SilverTrons in the right configurations?  Your power adapters are 9 volt, and right on the money by the way.  So will a combination of 3 x 2volts work on the Jr and 4 x 2volt + 1 volt work on the Elite?  Or 4 x 2volt + 1volt wort on the Jr & the Elite?  Just looking for something I can keep charged with solar panels I play with now and then.

Thanks, Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: A few questions on power source.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 05:36:55 PM »
The Jr needs 4 to 12 volts.  It might run ok on 3.
The Elite needs 8 to 10.  Its more critical because of the touch screen.
The Mini has to have 9 +/- .1
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
Re: A few questions on power source.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 09:59:34 PM »
Kephra,

Thanks for that valuable info.  The Elite, Jr & Mini are all working flawlessly.

I still plan on ordering the Jr v.3 but I had a undetected leak that went to black mold in my wall behind and under my bathroom counter (I will post about the colloidal silver & black mold health battle in another place soon).  Plus someone used my debit card, which I still have in my wallet, at an Apple Store in Massachusetts at the tune of 730 bucks. And all this happen on my birthday!

I'm going to try my hand at making some creams listed on the forum.  I even convinced my daughter to try the colloidal silver on her dog that has developed a couple of lumps, so got the ice broken there. She is as stubborn as I am...poor kid.

Bobby
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 04:14:08 AM by Bobby »
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln