Author Topic: Colloidal Silver Color Samples  (Read 46011 times)

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Re: Colloidal Silver Color Samples
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2017, 02:43:59 PM »
Yes!  I made a bunch and sat there are watched it dissolve!  I guess it is good stuff after all.  And I bet no matter if you see it or not the net amount is pretty much exactly the same no matter what "good" process is used.

But I am thinking if one uses high currents for faster production one should wait after a run until all the precipitates are fully stirred and dissolved in before adding the reducer.
You can buy silver oxide commercially.  It dissolves very very slowly.  I tried making 20 ppm Colloidal Silver by dissolving silver oxide powder. It took a month for it to dissolve.  The dissolution time depends on the size of the crystals.  The smaller the crystals, the quicker they dissolve.

Its really not good to have silver oxide crystals streaming from the anode, since these crystals are not in solution and not ionic, they are not current carriers.  This means they are not included in the current/time relationship for ppm.  If there are still undissolved silver oxide crystals at the end of electrolysis, when they finally dissolve, the ppm will be higher than predicted. 

Vigorous stirring decreases the dissolution time, and also scrubs the diffusion layer preventing silver oxide from building up past its solubility limit.  This allows the use of a much smaller anode.  Without the stirring, a larger anode helps keep the ionic silver within the diffusion layer from reaching saturation.

BTW, you said you had 'smoke' coming off the cathode.  I think you meant anode.  The anode is the electrode where oxidation occurs, so the anode in an electrolysis cell is the positive electrode.  In a galvanic cell, it is the negative electrode.

Colloidal Silver is only a bargain if you make it yourself.

Offline Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2017, 06:49:42 PM »
I see the 'smoke' coming off the cathode (not the anode) when I do my runs. I figured it was gas being produced. When making 320 PPM the gelatin seems to make them (the gas bubbles) linger and get caught up in the vortex. The result is that for about the first half of my 320 PPM runs there is foam on top and swirling around in the vortex.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2017, 07:53:50 PM »
Yes, Smoke coming off the negative electrode is not silver oxide, it is hydrogen gas from sodium reacting with water.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 03:43:23 AM by kephra »

gandolf

« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2017, 04:29:42 AM »
Yes, Smoke coming off the negative electrode is not silver oxide, it is hydrogen gas from sodium reacting with water.

Yes I see.  The smoke of the cathode is indeed tiny bubbles of hydrogen.  They make the stirring water very sparkley under laser light.  Once stirring is stopped they disappear very quickly.

Its really not good to have silver oxide crystals streaming from the anode, since these crystals are not in solution and not ionic, they are not current carriers.  This means they are not included in the current/time relationship for ppm.  If there are still undissolved silver oxide crystals at the end of electrolysis, when they finally dissolve, the ppm will be higher than predicted. 

I understand.  So if you do see any "smoke" coming off the anode you need to turn the current down.

Thanks for the insight into this!

Gina

« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2017, 06:09:59 PM »
I made my first batch last night I LOVE this machine thank you kephra it turned out awesome!!!

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2017, 06:13:11 PM »
Great! I love the sound of success :)

onandoff

« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2017, 02:41:00 AM »
320 ppm dilutions are added in the first post.

I don't want use gmo reducer 1st run 50-50 karo  5 drops at   20 drops washing soda add together I tried 120 ppm clean silver with blow torch. I came out with 40 ppm used spinner ands cleaned constantly what am I doing wrong same problem . Tried made with Organic Ceylon volka 2 days in ta bag 3-4 drops . still can get silvertron get  above 40 ppm

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2017, 03:25:12 AM »
What GMO reducer?  There is no genetic material in Karo corn syrup.
How do you know its 40 ppm?
You need to be more specific with your procedure.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 03:56:28 PM by kephra »

Etheric Zone 1111

« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2018, 11:16:46 PM »
Using your 20 PPM formula my fist 2 batches came out a beautiful golden yellow!
Thank you very much Sir for your time and help.

Ed

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2018, 12:10:08 AM »
Yep that looks pretty good!

Etheric Zone 1111

« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2018, 12:13:50 AM »
It taste good too! No metallic taste 👍

Offline FlyingDutchman

• Participant
  • Dutch Industrial Design Engineer living in Brazil
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2018, 05:57:00 PM »
Hi Kephra, I am new to the forum, so please bear with me... I have started experimenting in August this year with a two-step process: First generating ionic silver with cold water LDVC method and then reducing under heated conditions. In order to estimate ppm of total silver content I rely on Faraday's formula (apart from color of reduced end product). From what I understood, in 1 hour, close to 20mg of silver ions are stripped off at 5 mA current flow. So, in 1 liter of water I would have 20 ppm total silver content.

If that is correct, why is it that I can produce 320 ppm total silver content in 80 minutes at 15 mA using simultaneous heat reduction? Am I missing something? From the color it seems clear that a high ppm nano silver colloid is achieved, but according to Faraday the total silver content couldn't be more than 80 ppm? Are you referring to the TDS reading, including washing soda and glucose content?

Thank you for your amazing work at the forum, there is tons of knowledge bundled here!

Offline wgpeters

• Kephra's other account
  • Expert
  • Participant
    • SilverTron Support
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2018, 06:40:36 PM »
Yes, you are missing something.  80 minutes is for a 250ml batch, not 1 liter.
A person's worth is solely determined by what he does for others.

Offline FlyingDutchman

• Participant
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2018, 07:03:18 PM »
Thanks for your quick answer, I am glad the math still works!

Offline FlyingDutchman

• Participant
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2018, 10:34:35 PM »
I had some time today to try out kephra's 320 ppm protocol, translated to a 80 ppm citrate capped protocol in 1 litre of bi-distilled water, and everything went very smooth thanks to the excellent instructions and reference material available here. As I simply quadrupled the reagents from my 20ppm protocol I guess I arrived somewhere around 80ppm to 100ppm according to the colour samples. Production time 2 hours at an average 10 -12 mA.
Pictures attached of colour during production (30 mins), at completion (2 hours) and diluted 1 + 4 parts distilled water. I will report again whenever I have been able to run some tests or if anything unexpected happens in the next weeks.