Author Topic: Preservative for colloidal gold  (Read 1378 times)

Kunimitsu

Preservative for colloidal gold
« on: December 09, 2020, 09:08:23 AM »
I have searched the forums, internet and fb for a good consistent healthy preservative for colloidal gold. So far I have only come across colloidal silver, but I’m not sure that is working perfectly. My colloidal gold is made using salt, sodium citrate and cinnamon extract with gold and copper wires. Is stored in the fridge, however I see shops with colloidal gold sitting on on the shelf without any problems. Does anyone know what could be used? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks all

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: Preservative for colloidal gold
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 07:39:17 PM »
Some people add some Colloidal Silver (I believe I've seen this mentioned somewhere on the forum - topic, not articles) though I can't tell you how much but even with, I don't think it would extend the life of the colloidal gold by that much (maybe a week or two if you keep it refrigerated?).

If someone else has done this, please do chime in.

Obviously, the simplest way is to make it in small, say 250g batches and refrigerate it and plan on using it up over the next week or two.  That is why I believe the formulas at least for using salt lake minerals gold chloride are for a batch size of 250g.  Given how quick this method is, you can have more for a couple minutes work and a little elapsed time so its no big deal.