Author Topic: Easy way to make Colloidal Gold  (Read 4369 times)

Cynthia

Re: Easy way to make Colloidal Gold
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2012, 05:44:33 AM »
I tried to make a larger batch with less water (but same ratio of washing soda and maltodextrin to gold), which I thought Kevra, you had mentioned having done elsewhere successfully using the maltodextrin method. I used the equivalent of 50ml per 1.25ml of gold (just a larger batch). Initially when I added the washing soda solution, it did turn red, but now after heating, stirring, heating, stirring, etc. it's turned super dark purple again. Anything I can try to get the gold to curl up and form the nanospheres and be red? I'd be bummed to lose the gold I used.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2012, 12:22:35 PM »
First, take some and dilute it back to 50 ppm to be sure that it really is purple.

If its really purple, then verify that you used the right amount of Carbo-Gain.  Its ok to have more, but not less.
Do the same for the sodium carbonate.

Now if you really have purple, it's not because the particles are rod shaped, its because they are too big.  There is no way to make them smaller at this point.

I have to ask why you started out making a large batch if you hadn't already tried the process.  I never do that.  To try out something, I make the smallest batch I can, which means the smallest batch I can do and still measure the chemicals accurately.

There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Cynthia

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2012, 03:26:58 PM »
Thx for troubleshooting. Im sure ots purple. Of course totally my fault and silly to not test on a small batch first. I have small kids and not a lot of time and was trying to save time... I'll just go back to making it with 7 oz water like I did in my first batch which worked perfectly.  And triple checky math while scaling up...

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2012, 04:22:35 PM »
Good.  The fact that you have made it before shows that your maltodextrin and sodium carbonate are good.
I usually heat my water in my microwave along with the maltodextrin to boiling, then add the gold chloride and immediately add the sodium carbonate drop by drop along with stirring.  The conversion happens fast.

Next time you attempt higher ppm, try doubling the amount of maltodextrin.  Extra maltodextrin doesn't do any harm... just adds fibre to your diet :)
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Cynthia

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 03:34:42 AM »
This method works so well for me for making single batches. I'm thrilled that there's a way without electrolysis, because with two small kids, there's no way that I'd be starting to explore this... Anyways, now I wish I could just figure out a way to reliably make a week or two weeks of batches at a time. I take one recipe of this as a single dose. I probably just need to get a large enough pyrex container to do so without trying to raise the ppm. I've made a large batch once successfully, but had it turn black / purple three times. So, I'm not trying this again. More important to have gold on a daily basis.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 04:47:33 AM by Cynthia »

Cynthia

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 04:42:43 AM »
Okay, I finally figured it out. I made two 4x batches in glass pyrex dishes side by side. I just scaled the recipe up and  The microwaving takes a long time, but it worked and I have an eight day supply. Even managed to do it with both my kids home and awake. :)

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 04:00:16 PM »
Great!  Glad you worked it out.

peterpan

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 10:23:19 PM »
I have a friend in France who wants to try making colloidal gold with gold chloride and this is the gold chloride he sourced in the US:
Gold Chloride 1% solution -- 0.5 grams pure Gold       50 ml       $55.00

kscmac

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, 01:01:11 AM »
Kephra, which way do you make colloidal gold most of the time?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2012, 01:11:24 AM »
Gold chloride, maltodextrin, sodium carbonate. Is the easiest, quickest, method.  This us what I do, and taught my wife to do.

kscmac

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2012, 01:19:25 AM »
Going to have to get some, the wife is doing very well on the colloidal gold. Her RA has calmed down quite a bit.