Production Techniques and Chemistry > Colloidal Gold Production

Urgent request: idiot proof guide

(1/5) > >>

pirepol:
Hey guys,

I'm very eager to try this thing, I already placed the order for 100mL 1% gold chloride solution (not from salt lake minerals, but a local vendor in europe).

So now I'm looking for an idiot proof guide. Link shared from another thread: https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=757.0

I was told to check 2 last methods, e.g last one:

--- Quote ---40 ppm Colloidal Gold, chemical reduction -- Karo Corn Syrup /  Washing Soda
250ml cold distilled water
10 drops 1 molar sodium carbonate solution
10 drops Karo corn syrup diluted 50%
1 ml Gold Chloride containing 10 mg gold (Available from SaltLakeMetals.com).
Stir
Heat about 2 minutes in microwave or until it starts to boil or ruby color develops.
Allow to cool.
--- End quote ---

1. How to prepare "1 molar sodium carbonate solution"? I see a local vendor selling "sodium carbonate" 1kg 2€. How do I make it 1 molar? How many ml are 10 drops?
2. karo corn syrup also sold by a local vendor. To dilute it to 50%, do I mix e.g. 50ml of karo corn syrup with 50ml of distilled water? How many ml are 10 drops?
3. Could stir be done with teaspoon? How long to stir?
4. Heat in microwave at what temperature?
5. Can all of this chemical mixing and heating be done in a typical kitchen ceramic cup?

pirepol:
1% gold chloride arrived. Eager to try.

Is it possible to heat on a kitchen stove instead of using a microwave (don't have one, but I can acquire if needed)? Do I need to stop heating as soon as boiling starts?

pirepol:
Like someone in my previous thread implied (https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=5256.15), if my "1% gold chloride solution" (vendor in croatia) contains only 64.9% of gold (else is chloride), which means that my "1% gold chloride solution" contains only 0.649% gold, would the same recipe work?

I was planning to do 30mg/30 days, but looks like I'll have to reduce the dosage - doesn't matter at all for the beginning, I just need to know whether there is any effect on me from this substance. If there is any, I can prepare as much as needed for the next iteration.

EDIT: maybe instead of 1ml as said in the recipe, I should just use 1.54ml (1/0.649), which would make the gold amount the same? Or not?

cfnisbet:
Yes, you just have to increase the dose to obtain the correct amount of gold. It is milligrams of gold that count, not the strength of the gold chloride.

pirepol:
Looks like I did it, here was my process:

1. took a small metal pot (main pot), added 250ml distilled water
2. took a small plastic cup, added distilled water 80ml, 8.416g sodium carbonate, mixed with a metal knife until I didn't see any white powder anymore
3. added 10 drops of a liquid made in #2 = 0.5ml (http://www.endmemo.com/sconvert/milliliterdrop.php) to the main pot
4. took another small plastic cup, added 20ml karo corn syrup, 20ml distilled water, mixed with a metal knife
5. added 10 drops = 0.5ml of a liquid made in #4 to the main pot
6. added 1.54ml 1% gold chloride solution (local vendor, not salt lake minerals) to the main pot
7. stirred for a few minutes with a metallic end of a syringe (didn’t want to use the same knife, don’t know if any gold chloride will stick to it after washing it and whether that will be toxic somehow).
8. At the very beginning of stirring, I did see some shades of ruby color at the bottom of the pot, but that quickly faded away as I mixed. The water obtained overall a sort of a dark blue color
9. Put the main pot on an electric stove, set heating to max.
10. Waited until boiling started
11. Set the heating to zero
12. Allowing to cool down. Liquid turned to a ruby color after few minutes!

I was planning 30mg/day but I think at the beginning I should start with a lower amount. Thinking a few teaspoons of this liquid to see whether I don't die and then half of this liquid (5mg gold). Anyway, is it safe to drink all this liquid with 10mg gold all at once, or do I drink it distributed during the day?

If I was to make 3 of these (to reach 30mg of gold), can I just triple the weights, volumes and do it in a single process or do I have to repeat it 3 times for any reason?

How long to wait during cool down process? Eager to try.

EDIT: drank all, didn't die

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version