Production Techniques and Chemistry > Colloidal Gold Production

Complete supplies list and breakdown for a newbie

(1/2) > >>

Eugene:
There's a breadth of information here but it's a bit disorganized and quite challenging to piece it all together from a beginner's perspective.
I'm interested in trying Kephra's 660 ppm gold recipe, can someone supply me with a no brainer list of all relevant supplies (or how to make anything that can't be bought) and chemicals for the formula (or simialr high ppm formulas) with price estimates?
Thank you.

cfnisbet:
Check the Colloidal Gold forum details for places to purchase Gold and Gold Chloride. The instructions are all in there.

Eugene:
I know where to get gold chloride and I know I need a power supply and a heating element but I don't know where to get gold electrodes or anything else like beakers and stirring rods or anything that may be necessary. Is this not the gold forum?

Gene:
If you have gold chloride you only need a few other things, NO gold electrodes, NO heat (unless you want the colloidal gold to reduce a little quicker).

You just mix it up and let it sit and if you want to warm it to speed the reduction process a bit, you can do so in the microwave.

It couldn't be simpler.

Eugene:
Really? Huh. I'm getting my power supply soon. I know I need some proper glass but I figured I needed electrodes since I saw people asking about where to get them

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version