Author Topic: First batch, in 5 years :D  (Read 683 times)

thor1911

First batch, in 5 years :D
« on: March 30, 2021, 05:49:27 AM »
Hey guys hope all is well! I appreciate you guys, you guys rock!

Just a quick overcap and couple questions about what I'm doing :)

I'm aiming for sugar reduced colloidal silver

250ml distilled water, simmering hot
5 drops 1Molar Sodium Carbonate
.9999 silver coin Anode, and .999 silver wire cathode
Electrode spacing 1.5 inches
Added 2-3 drops of clear corn syrup

As soon as I turned on my power supply it was on higher then expected, I turned them all down asap and looked my 250ml batch was nothing but bubbles and in a flash yellow, after it cooled it clouded up no good for me (picture 1)
I know I'm suppose to aim for 15ma current for 5 minutes, but my machine only goes down to .1 amp( picture 2), which is 100mA I believe :). Can I do a 20ppm batch in 1 minute @ .1 amp

So now I attempted my second batch
I got it all setup, and as I waited 15 minutes for the water to heat up and start steaming I came back to my 2nd batch, yellow.
picture 3
I didn't even have the cords plugged into the power supply,
Did the hot water, syrup, and stirring free the silver oxide off the coin and turn it to colloidal? Is my second batch safe? It looks safe  ;D

thor1911

Re: First batch, in 5 years :D
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 06:49:27 AM »
its been so long I forgot how to use my power supply, but I figured it out I can get it to run around 20ma(guessing) around 10v, should be able to make some quality stuff tomorrow and getting gelatin to help bio-availability :)

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 11:05:44 AM »
20ma is pretty high unless you have a good sized piece of silver. Also your silver cathode looks a bit on the massive side. You want to minimise the cathode surface area. If you are using a silver coin, I would personally not want to go above 10ma if I wanted a chance at good quality.

thor1911

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 06:52:38 PM »
20ma is pretty high unless you have a good sized piece of silver. Also your silver cathode looks a bit on the massive side. You want to minimise the cathode surface area. If you are using a silver coin, I would personally not want to go above 10ma if I wanted a chance at good quality.
Its a silver 1oz coin
My cathode is 18ga wire I think, I had 1/4 inch of it in the solution.

How can I tell if the quality is good or not? Visual wise, my second batch looks perfect doesn't it?

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 09:51:39 PM »
If it's the colour of whisky and completely clear, it's good.

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 04:35:24 AM »
Or apple juice or beer (not dark beer - wink),...

At the particle size we make (10-15nanometers), Colloidal Silver passes blue light and reflects green and red which just happens to make, um, YELLOW (wink).

You didn't say, so did you adjust the depth of the cathode to get over 10V across the cell? Thats really important if you want to make good quality Colloidal Silver.  Higher is even better but lower than 10V with a 1.5" electrode spacing, nope.

Did you use a current limiter? You didn't say.

Offline nix2p

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 04:14:19 PM »

At the particle size we make (10-15nanometers), Colloidal Silver passes blue light and reflects green and red which just happens to make, um, YELLOW (wink).

10-15nanometers, you say!

Forgive me but no one here posted true circumstances to

avoid
, nanoparticles smaller in size which consequently can harm!!!

If there is such a page, (then please except my apologies), and I have not seen it, yet.

Nix

"I am too old to die young, and too young to grow up"!
Marty Feldman

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2021, 05:30:33 PM »
You have that backwards.
The nanoparticles absorb blue light and reemit yellow.  They do not reflect green and red, which implies that they produce two different wavelengths of light.  They do not.  They pass only one wavelength, the wavelength of yellow light which is the complementary color of blue.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

thor1911

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2021, 09:31:54 PM »

You didn't say, so did you adjust the depth of the cathode to get over 10V across the cell? Thats really important if you want to make good quality Colloidal Silver.  Higher is even better but lower than 10V with a 1.5" electrode spacing, nope.

Did you use a current limiter? You didn't say.
So I did try to adjust the depth but I found it very difficult to get it around 10v without my amps shooting up past .1amp, I found a mistake I was doing  :-[ I was doing 1 ml 1M Sodium Carbonate instead of 5 drops! Whoops :D

So I am currently warming up water now, trying a new batch, I just got in the mail today a small Voltage Regulator Constant Current Voltage thingy I am hoping can help me dial me down to .15mA
https://amzn.to/2R33q9u

Trying my best to follow kephra's quick start guide
aiming for 20 ppm Gelatin Capped Metallic colloidal silver

thor1911

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2021, 09:34:00 PM »
You have that backwards.
The nanoparticles absorb blue light and reemit yellow.  They do not reflect green and red, which implies that they produce two different wavelengths of light.  They do not.  They pass only one wavelength, the wavelength of yellow light which is the complementary color of blue.
Thank you guys so much for responding and teaching, I've done a TON of reading here in the past week and have learned so much. You guys are incredible! :), is there a donate button to donate to help keep this site up? The information on here is priceless, as well as life saving and life changing!