Author Topic: Is it this simple to make accurate ionic silver?  (Read 631 times)

Jsilver

Is it this simple to make accurate ionic silver?
« on: April 07, 2021, 07:31:26 AM »
Say I follow the standard recommended procedures on this forum for making 20ppm colloidal silver i.e. ensuring at least 10vdc across electrodes, anode at least 3 times the surface area of the cathode, constant current circuit, use of the correct amount of 1M sodium carbonate electrolyte, well calculated time duration, etc. When I am finished with the generation part of the process, if I never heat the liquid above 140 degrees and I never add the couple diluted Karo drops needed to reduce it all to colloidal silver and turn it yellow, do I have fairly accurately made (and almost perfectly clear) 20ppm ionic silver or am I missing something?

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
Re: Is it this simple to make accurate ionic silver?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 08:19:08 PM »
The basic answer to your question is yes, if you make the product cold and don't reduce it, then you will make Ionic Silver Oxide. Although it's your choice, the question then becomes, why would you not reduce it to Colloidal Silver? We haven't found any good evidence that Ionic Silver Oxide is useful for anything that Colloidal Silver can't do better, and with FAR less chance of Argyria with Colloidal Silver.

But if you want, go ahead; it's a free country...Oh, wait...

Jsilver

Re: Is it this simple to make accurate ionic silver?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 12:10:00 AM »
The basic answer to your question is yes, if you make the product cold and don't reduce it, then you will make Ionic Silver Oxide. Although it's your choice, the question then becomes, why would you not reduce it to Colloidal Silver? We haven't found any good evidence that Ionic Silver Oxide is useful for anything that Colloidal Silver can't do better, and with FAR less chance of Argyria with Colloidal Silver.

But if you want, go ahead; it's a free country...Oh, wait...

Thanks cfnisbet. It took me a long time to find this forum, and most other sources act like it's almost impossible to ever truly know the ppm of any ionic silver you make without very expensive lab testing equipment. Now that I have a way to reliably make both (from this forum), it almost seems too easy to understand and too simple to be real. How can that many other people/sources have it so wrong almost all the time in life? Haha. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by that anymore. There are so many things right now that are believed by many which make no logical sense.

Thanks for the quick confirmation. I was thinking of making mainly colloidal silver for general nebulizer/humidifier use to get silver into the bloodstream when needed, for topical wound use, and possibly orally once capped as well. However, I thought ionic silver was still the preferred version of silver for humidifier/nebulizer use when trying to kill an active lung infection or virus. That was all I was planning on using it for. I'll continue looking into it some more. Maybe it's incorrect teaching from other sources still living inside my brain, making me think it's useful.