Author Topic: colloidal gold Questions, Comments, Etc.  (Read 4812 times)

Ruben1

colloidal gold Questions, Comments, Etc.
« on: August 05, 2012, 05:44:00 AM »
I have read all the posts concerning making colloidal gold. I wanted to quote some of the passages, but apparently I can not do that and write this post too.  Since I am very conviced of the value of colloidal gold and could not afford it, making my own just fits in well to my life.  I am going to be using the first method listed under colloidal gold production with the gold chloride.  I knew that gold chloride was bad for you.  The idea of converting it into a healthy form, at a substantialy reduced price is a no brainer for me.

I got a bunch of questions.  Reading the material did answer some of those questions.  So I will start asking and get through this and start making some colloidal gold for me and my wife.  I am sure once I make a few batches, I will feel much more confident (and knowledgable).  So I will start with some questions and see where it goes from there.

1.  I am wondering why the recipes that are here are all for small batches.  Is it harder to get good results for a larger batch?  Is it more difficult to get some good glassware or labware for larger batches?  Is it a concern that little critters will start growing in the colloidal gold?

2.  I assume tht if you wanted to make more volume that you would make a number of smaller batches.  Is this right?  Or can I just double the recipe? I do plan to put some colloidal silver in the colloidal gold and refrigerate it.

3.  I find it interesting tht you make up four ounces of the maltodextrin and sodium carbonate and use a fraction of it in the colloidal gold.  I assume this is because you need to get the proper proportions in the water and a 1/4 teaspoon is commonly available.  Is this right?

4.  As some one who knows a number of cooks and sometimes buy bulk nutritional products, I am familiar with smaller mesuring spoons. These are quite common and available in cooking stores and on the web. The measurements are as follows:

Tad        1/4 teaspoon
Dash      1/8 teaspoon
Pinch      1/16 teaspoon
Smidgen 1/32 teaspoon
Drop       1/64 teaspoon

It is very common to have the dash, pinch and smidgen spoons together.  Sometimes the tad measuring spoon in included.  I have never seen the drop spoon.  If you want to see these, do a web search on measuring spoons and include one of the these words in it (i.e. pinch).  Look at the images and you will have a hundred places to buy them.  Both my wife and I use these spoons regularly.

So, since I have the spoons already, I could just place a pinch (1/16 teaspoon) of maltodextrin in one ounce of hot water.  No waste.  Less water to heat, etc.  I was thinking of heating an ounce of water in a shot glass and use my pinch spoon.  Just an idea.  The spoons are not expensive.  Most of them are stainless steel.

5. I notice a lot of stirring going on with both colloidal gold and colloidal silver.  Would it be possible to use some kind of air blowing into the solution to stir things up?

6. If I am stirring up the colloidal gold by hand, what do I use?  Metal is out of the question. Wood?  Plastic??  Something else?

7. Does the recommended gold chloride come with a dropper in the bottle.  Or do I need to provide a dropper?

8. How do I determine the actual dosage of colloidal gold?  I am sure this is dependent on the ppm.  I notice that yu talk bout milligrams of gold.  How do you do that calculation?

9. Any recommendation as to colloidal gold dosages?

10.  What is the advantage of a higher ppm?  I assume it makes it easier to take higher dosages and less time making the colloidal gold.

11.  I assume that pyrex glassware is suitable for making colloidal gold, right?  Labware would look cool.  Maybe later I will get some labware for the cool factor.

12.  You made toe comment that you use the microwave to heat the water/solution.  But that a double boiler was somehow better.  Why is this?

13. Any ideas for a good jar to put the colloidal gold into?  How do I sterilize it?  I like the brown, glass bottles.  There is a lace down the street that sells them.  Is this OK?

That is all for now.  Thanks.  I really like this forum.  It is needed and a great service  We may not change the world.  But we can positively affect a few folks lives.  I will be introducing this colloidal gold into other peoples lives.  I will get the colloidal gold thing down.  Then move onto your colloidal silver methods.  I already have a colloidal silver generator.  But I am certain that the methods presented here will result in a superior product.

Ruben

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Colloidal Gold Questions, Comments, Etc.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 12:47:24 PM »
I have read all the posts concerning making colloidal gold. I wanted to quote some of the passages, but apparently I can not do that and write this post too.  Since I am very conviced of the value of colloidal gold and could not afford it, making my own just fits in well to my life.  I am going to be using the first method listed under colloidal gold production with the gold chloride.  I knew that gold chloride was bad for you.  The idea of converting it into a healthy form, at a substantialy reduced price is a no brainer for me.

I got a bunch of questions.  Reading the material did answer some of those questions.  So I will start asking and get through this and start making some colloidal gold for me and my wife.  I am sure once I make a few batches, I will feel much more confident (and knowledgable).  So I will start with some questions and see where it goes from there.

1.  I am wondering why the recipes that are here are all for small batches.  Is it harder to get good results for a larger batch?  Is it more difficult to get some good glassware or labware for larger batches?  Is it a concern that little critters will start growing in the colloidal gold?
My stirrer/hotplate can't keep larger batches up to temperature, so I am limited to a 250ml batch size and don't really need more.

2.  I assume tht if you wanted to make more volume that you would make a number of smaller batches.  Is this right?  Or can I just double the recipe? I do plan to put some colloidal silver in the colloidal gold and refrigerate it.
Generally, you can scale up the quantities.

3.  I find it interesting tht you make up four ounces of the maltodextrin and sodium carbonate and use a fraction of it in the colloidal gold.  I assume this is because you need to get the proper proportions in the water and a 1/4 teaspoon is commonly available.  Is this right?
I have never said to make a maltodextrin solution that I can remember. 
You should really have an electronic scale.  They are cheap and much better than spoons.  I try to give instructions using commonly available materials whenever possible including volumetric measurements, and generally its more accurate to measure bigger quantities.

4.  As some one who knows a number of cooks and sometimes buy bulk nutritional products, I am familiar with smaller mesuring spoons. These are quite common and available in cooking stores and on the web. The measurements are as follows:

Tad        1/4 teaspoon
Dash      1/8 teaspoon
Pinch      1/16 teaspoon
Smidgen 1/32 teaspoon
Drop       1/64 teaspoon

It is very common to have the dash, pinch and smidgen spoons together.  Sometimes the tad measuring spoon in included.  I have never seen the drop spoon.  If you want to see these, do a web search on measuring spoons and include one of the these words in it (i.e. pinch).  Look at the images and you will have a hundred places to buy them.  Both my wife and I use these spoons regularly.

So, since I have the spoons already, I could just place a pinch (1/16 teaspoon) of maltodextrin in one ounce of hot water.  No waste.  Less water to heat, etc.  I was thinking of heating an ounce of water in a shot glass and use my pinch spoon.  Just an idea.  The spoons are not expensive.  Most of them are stainless steel.
I have a set of the miniature spoons including the drop, and I find them useful sometimes, but not nearly as accurate as a cheap digital scale.

5. I notice a lot of stirring going on with both colloidal gold and colloidal silver.  Would it be possible to use some kind of air blowing into the solution to stir things up?
Some people use an aquarium pump to blow air into their solutions, but the air is not ideal and doesn't produce nearly as much agitation as a magnetic sitrrer.  Adequate stirring is very important when doing electrolysis.  I feel that the most important piece of gear I have is my stirrer/hotplate.

6. If I am stirring up the colloidal gold by hand, what do I use?  Metal is out of the question. Wood?  Plastic??  Something else?
Anything but metal.  Plastic is fine.

7. Does the recommended gold chloride come with a dropper in the bottle.  Or do I need to provide a dropper?
No it doesn't.  I recommend a 1 ml syringe (without the needle).  These are available at most pharmacies, sometimes free for the asking.

8. How do I determine the actual dosage of colloidal gold?  I am sure this is dependent on the ppm.  I notice that yu talk bout milligrams of gold.  How do you do that calculation?
1 ppm is 1 milligram of substance per liter of solution.  So you can calculate it from that.

9. Any recommendation as to colloidal gold dosages?
No.  I take 10mg per day when I need it.  What you take is up to you.

10.  What is the advantage of a higher ppm?  I assume it makes it easier to take higher dosages and less time making the colloidal gold.
No advantage other than storage.

11.  I assume that pyrex glassware is suitable for making colloidal gold, right?  Labware would look cool.  Maybe later I will get some labware for the cool factor.
I use a Catamount borosilicate measuring cup which is a lab beaker with a glass handle welded on for my electrolysis cell.  For gold chloride reduction, any microwaveable glassware is fine. 

12.  You made toe comment that you use the microwave to heat the water/solution.  But that a double boiler was somehow better.  Why is this?
You can stir the solution in a double boiler, but can't in a microwave.  I mostly use the microwave to preheat the water.

13. Any ideas for a good jar to put the colloidal gold into?  How do I sterilize it?  I like the brown, glass bottles.  There is a lace down the street that sells them.  Is this OK?
It doesn't matter about the color.  It doesn't have to be glass either.  Sterilize glass by baking in your oven for 10 minutes, or with boiling water.  I don't bother, I just wash and rinse with distilled water.

That is all for now.  Thanks.  I really like this forum.  It is needed and a great service  We may not change the world.  But we can positively affect a few folks lives.  I will be introducing this colloidal gold into other peoples lives.  I will get the colloidal gold thing down.  Then move onto your colloidal silver methods.  I already have a colloidal silver generator.  But I am certain that the methods presented here will result in a superior product.

Ruben
Welcome to the forum.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Ruben1

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 02:29:53 AM »
I am still learning here.  So I will ask some more questions and make a couple comments.

1.  How important is a hot plate/stirrer?  I did not want to make any big purchases in the short term, but it seems to be a very handy thing for making colloidal metals. 

2.  I do have a small digital scale.  So I can weigh some things out if necessary.

3.  If I understand the microwave method, it goes like this.  You preheat the water.  You add the ingredients.  Mix them together while heating in a pan of boiling water.  Right?  And stir a lot.  Apparently stirring is the key to a good batch  Right?

4.  Sodium carbonate and maltodextrin are the stabilzers and reducers, right?  Just what are stabilzers and reducers?

5. You say that "1 ppm is 1 milligram of substance per liter of solution."  Since I would be measuring this out with a tablespoon, do I need to make the conversion to tablespoons?  I am guessing that most batches would be 40ppm.  Does that mean you take a quarter liter per day to get your 10 mg?  That seems like a lot.  Most people I have known who took colloidal gold took it by the spoonfull.  I assume tht the ten mg was for extreme needs.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 02:53:59 AM »
I am still learning here.  So I will ask some more questions and make a couple comments.

1.  How important is a hot plate/stirrer?  I did not want to make any big purchases in the short term, but it seems to be a very handy thing for making colloidal metals.
Very important for colloidal silver.  Very important for colloidal gold made by electrolysis.  Not important for colloidal gold made with gold chloride.

2.  I do have a small digital scale.  So I can weigh some things out if necessary.

3.  If I understand the microwave method, it goes like this.  You preheat the water.  You add the ingredients.  Mix them together while heating in a pan of boiling water.  Right?  And stir a lot.  Apparently stirring is the key to a good batch  Right?
Depends on what you are making.  Read the quick starts.  There is no microwave method.  A microwave simply heats water, and you can do that with a hotplate or kitchen range.

4.  Sodium carbonate and maltodextrin are the stabilzers and reducers, right?  Just what are stabilzers and reducers?
No.  Reducing agents convert ionic gold or silver to metallic.  Stabilizers keep the particles apart. Sodium carbonate is neither, it's purpose is to raise the pH of the solution.

5. You say that "1 ppm is 1 milligram of substance per liter of solution."  Since I would be measuring this out with a tablespoon, do I need to make the conversion to tablespoons?  I am guessing that most batches would be 40ppm.  Does that mean you take a quarter liter per day to get your 10 mg?  That seems like a lot.  Most people I have known who took colloidal gold took it by the spoonfull.  I assume tht the ten mg was for extreme needs.
People take colloidal gold by the spoonful because the commercial sellers have to sell it as a food supplement, and therefore can only recommend small doses and no one could afford their exorbitant prices if they were told they had to take 250ml a day to be useful.  To be useful, you need a lot more than a spoonful, so just forget what you think you know from commercial web sites.  They are mostly bullshit designed to sell you overpriced stuff that will not be beneficial at those small doses.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline mraluma415

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 03:28:36 AM »
Kephra takes donations ;-)
"The art of healing comes from nature, not from the physician. Therefore the physician must start from nature, with an open mind." - Paracelsus

Ruben1

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 07:11:57 PM »
I definitely have some more to learn.  Sorry about the microwave methed reference.  I went back and looked and it is "the chemical reduction" method.  Or "easy way to make colloidal gold".  Or the gold chloride method.  I know it is important to have some common terminology to avoid confusion.

[I never took chemistry in school.  Lots of biology and geology.  But no chemistry  For me, a reduction method is diet and exercise.  Or cleaning out my office or garage.

Soooo..., I looked up reducing agents,  I got this reference.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reducing_agent>

Apparently the reducing agent gives up an electron to another substance and they both change in form.  Thus gold chloride becomes small bits of metal (colloidal gold).  Is this correct?

As for maltodextrin, I looked that up as well and got this reference.

Do you see anything there that would explain how it is a reducing agent?

I wanted to incluse some quotes, but did not see an easy way of doing this.  Is there some instructions somewhere that shows how the software in this forum works?

I will just paste a quote.

"People take colloidal gold by the spoonful because the commercial sellers have to sell it as a food supplement, and therefore can only recommend small doses and no one could afford their exorbitant prices if they were told they had to take 250ml a day to be useful.  To be useful, you need a lot more than a spoonful, so just forget what you think you know from commercial web sites.  They are mostly bullshit designed to sell you overpriced stuff that will not be beneficial at those small doses."

Well, that certainly explains some things!!  I am very familiar of deceptive information for nutritional products.  I can tell some tall tales in that department. 

I do some research and design in exercise and rehab equipment.  I was researching wave vibration equipment and kept getting reference to some research that supposedly "proved" the product to be a miracle machine.  After digging deeper, I discovered that there was such a machine, many years ago. There is none of these machines now.  All the research was done on this original machine.  But it would be too expensive to manufacture.  So they made a cheap knockoff, that their original research indicated would have far less effect.  And went out and told everybody that the research was done with their present, commercial product.  Obviously, they lied.

A close examination of the reserch shows that the dates on the research was done 10 or more years before this comany was even formed!  And I am sure I could come up with a few more examples like this off the top of my head.

The people I knew who got good results from colloidal gold were paying hundreds of dollars per month.  And complaining bitterly.  They KNEW they could get better results if they took more.  I just had no idea that you had to take so much.  But if that is what it takes, so be it.  Obviously everybody is different.  I have to discover what works for me.  I also have to sit down and crunch numbers to see how much this will cost.  Making it yourself is the oly real viable option for most of us mere mortals.

At 10 mg per day, commercial products would cost you a minimum of $200 a day!  I suppose being a good liar would help in that line of work.

How would you produce a higher ppm using the chemical reduction method?  Is this even desirable?

I will keep working at this.  I need to understand it to do it.  Thanks guys.  I am learning.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 12:21:38 AM »
Apparently the reducing agent gives up an electron to another substance and they both change in form.  Thus gold chloride becomes small bits of metal (colloidal gold).  Is this correct?
Yes, a reducing agent donates electrons to another substance and in doing so, is itself oxidized.

Oxidation is loss of electrons, and does not mean combined with oxygen.
Reduction is gain of electrons.

To remember which is which, just remember 'Oil Rig"

As for maltodextrin, I looked that up as well and got this reference.

Do you see anything there that would explain how it is a reducing agent?
Well, its not my fault if wikipedia does not explain it, but here's some hints:
maltodextrin is a chain of glucose molecules with a dextrose equivalent between 3 and 20
Look up reducing sugar.

I wanted to incluse some quotes, but did not see an easy way of doing this.  Is there some instructions somewhere that shows how the software in this forum works?
Cut, paste, select, and click on the quote button beside the octothorpe.

At 10 mg per day, commercial products would cost you a minimum of $200 a day!  I suppose being a good liar would help in that line of work.

How would you produce a higher ppm using the chemical reduction method?  Is this even desirable?
Making it yourself, 10mg (250ml of 40ppm) costs a little over $1.  Both colloidal gold and colloidal silver are only a bargain if you make it yourself.

I posted about making 250ppm colloidal gold, with the gold chloride/maltodextrin method.  Even though I can do it, I don't.  There is no real advantage for me since I can brew up 500ml for me and my wife in 5 minutes or less, and I don't have to worry about storage/sterility.

Ruben1

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 04:52:46 AM »
After a short delay, I obtained some gold chloride, carbogain and washing soda.  I wil dig out my digital scale and locate some kind of syringe to put things into the mixture.  I still have a question or two.

My wife mentions that accidents happen from "old pyrex"  She is referring to baking dishes, primarily.  If I have some old pyrex (20 + years) measuring cups, will that be a problem?  Or should I get some new pyrex measuring  cups to make colloidal gold?  I will be using them in a pan of boiling water.

Another question, If you were going to take colloidal gold for cognitive effects, would this be a smaller amount than used for arthritis?  Would 10 mg be sufficiernt?

Thanks,  I will brew up something here soon.  I had to work overtime for the last three weeks, but my time should free up considerably in the next few days.  I will let you guys know what happens.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 11:55:20 AM »
After a short delay, I obtained some gold chloride, carbogain and washing soda.  I wil dig out my digital scale and locate some kind of syringe to put things into the mixture.  I still have a question or two.

My wife mentions that accidents happen from "old pyrex"  She is referring to baking dishes, primarily.  If I have some old pyrex (20 + years) measuring cups, will that be a problem?  Or should I get some new pyrex measuring  cups to make colloidal gold?  I will be using them in a pan of boiling water.
Pyrex was originally made by Dow Corning, and was made from borosilicate glass.  Borosilicate glass is special because it has a zero coefficient of thermal expansion, so when heated there is no stress causing it to break.  Dow sold the trade name and formulas to another company, and they changed the formula of the glass.  So now, if you have a Pyrex container, there is no obvious way to tell which formula the glass is.  Your wife is right, there have been cases of Pyrex exploding, usually when used in an oven to bake things.

However, even regular glass survives a double boiler.

But all you need to do is mix your chemicals in a glass container and microwave it until it boils.  Its really that simple, and any Pyrex measuring cup will suffice.   By the time the solution reaches boiling, it should be ruby red and ready to go.

Another question, If you were going to take colloidal gold for cognitive effects, would this be a smaller amount than used for arthritis?  Would 10 mg be sufficiernt?
Well the original study was done with 30 mg of gold per day.  There have been no other studies done, so I cannot answer that with certainty.  But I see a difference in myself, and I have never taken more than 10 or 12 mg per day.  Maybe the other folks on the forum who are making and taking colloidal gold will give you their results.

Thanks,  I will brew up something here soon.  I had to work overtime for the last three weeks, but my time should free up considerably in the next few days.  I will let you guys know what happens.
OK, we all like to hear another's experiences.

Offline mraluma415

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 09:13:29 AM »
I have taken 40mg of colloidal gold in a day. It definitely uplifts the spirit in an unexplainable way. Never have I had any ill effects. I have been on this forum for roughly two years and have drank at least 75% of the colloidal silver and colloidal gold I have made in the course of two years. I am always dabbling with different formulas and reducing agents and drinking the batches to see how I feel. I must say I'm healthy as can be and sickness rarely gets past its beginning symptoms. Take what I say with a grain of salt, but I think as long as your particles are not too small you will be good. This week i had 60mg of colloidal silver and 60 mg of colloidal gold. I had a dangerous headache at the onset and it went away that night. Usually these headaches last a few days for me, but not anymore with these concoctions.
"The art of healing comes from nature, not from the physician. Therefore the physician must start from nature, with an open mind." - Paracelsus