Author Topic: This silver supplier has warnings  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
This silver supplier has warnings
« on: March 02, 2021, 04:21:28 AM »
It.s .999 silver...... Surely this is just a sort of anti-marketing hype to help block people's interest in Colloidal Silver right? Would this silver be safe to make Colloidal Silver with? https://www.riogrande.com/product/999-Fine-Silver-6-Sheet-20-Ga-14-Hard-Brushed-Finish/101920

Please Note:

• IMPORTANT: As a supplier to the jewelry trade, Rio Grande strongly discourages any medical use of our fabrication metals. Your safety is important to us; therefore, we do not accept orders of fine silver for any purpose that includes ingesting, injecting, implanting or applying it topically. Do not use Rio Grande fine silver for colloidal purposes.

Offline SaltyCornflakes

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: This silver supplier has warnings
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 06:46:38 AM »
Fine silver by definition should be safe. It's standardized.

You can chalk up whatever the seller says to misinfo or personal conviction.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 02:39:24 PM »
Fine silver by definition should be safe. It's standardized.

You can chalk up whatever the seller says to misinfo or personal conviction.
Yes. It's personal misinformation or anti-Colloidal Silver rhetoric, or possibly legal advice handwringing.

Ignore and don't buy anything off him, as he is saying he doesn't sell .999 fine silver for Colloidal Silver making. His loss.

We have many other sources in the UK, Canada and USA. If you can't buy fine silver sheet or bars in the future, there's always silver bullion coins. If it says .999 fine on the coin or bar, it will work.

Or should that be "... it should work fine ..."

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 03:31:47 PM »
What are some good US places to buy a nice piece of silver at a custom size? That was the one I found so far.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 05:40:47 PM »
I have bought from riogrande, I just don't tell them what I want the silver for.  They are just trying to avoid any liability.
Monsterslayer.com is another source.  Again, they don't need to know what its for.

There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Josie29

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 07:09:55 PM »
It could be that the manufacturer is just parroting what the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) says.

If you read closely the MSDS is speaking of:

Name:  silver      Product Identifier:  (CAS No) 7440-22-4        %:  100    Classification (GHS US):  Comb. Dust    [See Section 3]

Added: OOPS. MSDS no longer .... now called 'Safety Data Sheets' SDS

Also, just above 'Description' at that Rio Grande website is a PDF symbol, to the right of which is access to the Safety Data Sheet for silver.

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 05:28:48 AM »
You need to be careful WHO you buy from.  I'm starting to see a lot of stuff about fake silver coins and bullion bars - basically a thin layer of silver, correctly embossed over a tungsten "slug" (tungsten weighs nearly the same as silver).

A good place, FAR from the scammers in NYC is Apmex.com.  They're in the midwest and are one of the oldest precious metals dealers in the US.  They sell pretty much everything.  And no, you don't need a fancy coin or bar.  An industrial silver bar, as long as its .999 purity or better works just as well and may well be cheaper because its plain wrapper - just silver.

Offline SaltyCornflakes

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2021, 07:59:22 AM »
I agree that you have to be careful with coins and bars.

With cut to size silver sheet or silver plate, not so much. It'd be close to impossible to cut a custom order with a tungsten core.

However, you will certainly pay a premium for these. I'd also go the route of a reputable seller and buy silver bars instead.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2021, 08:32:02 AM »
Quote from: gene
I'm starting to see a lot of stuff about fake silver coins and bullion bars - basically a thin layer of silver, correctly embossed over a tungsten "slug" (tungsten weighs nearly the same as silver
That is incorrect.

The density of tungsten is 19.25 grams per cc.
The density of silver is 10.49 grams per cc.
The density of gold is 19.32 grams per cc.

Tungsten can spoof gold, but not silver.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline edwire

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2021, 11:00:19 PM »
Chemistry is the melodies you can play on vibrating strings

Offline esubiyi

• Participant
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2021, 07:46:11 AM »
I am facing this problem right now.

Please read below.

Hello kephra. hello guys.

Please i need some help as regards the silver bar i bought from argex

I make colloidal silver 320 ppm and dilute to 20 ppm and give out yet there have been a lot of complaints with this new batch made from argex bars.

Complaints of it being too intense or people being weak..very weak after use and some developed a kind of ulcer in the tummy.

Please what do you advice i do..i never had this issue when i used kephra bullion bars.

Am at a dilemma.

Offline SaltyCornflakes

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2021, 08:51:16 AM »
Has the color of 320PPM and 20PPM solutions been correct? Did you get turbidity, and how much? How big is your sample size of people who have had issues and how long were they taking it?

It's possible that the bar is contaminated, however I would expect that to result in a very turbid product.

Offline esubiyi

• Participant
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2021, 09:32:22 AM »
The color of the 320 and 20 has been the same.

Not much turbidity.

just about a week.

Please when you say turbid what exactly do you mean?

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2021, 10:05:15 AM »
Turbidity means cloudiness. Who has made these complaints and where are they posting?

Offline esubiyi

• Participant
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2021, 10:50:17 AM »
Let me give sme background.

I have been a member of this forum and i learnt everything here so am grateful. i am in no way casting aspersions at anyone.
I own 3 silvertron machines and have been a loyal customer to kephra for a while.
I am based in africa and on missionary work.
I have been making batches of 320 ppm colloidial silver and giving it out to those with bad infections
we have seen wonderful testimonies.
Then i ran out of the bullion bars kephra was selling so i bought from argex.
But i am getting feedback from the communities of tummy upset etc when theu use these new Colloidal Silver made from argex bars.
I am here asking for help as regards argex bars and not silvertron or the efficacy of colloidal silver.
I have made a huge batches of about 100 litres of 320 ppm stored and am thinking of throwing it away .
i have never got somplaints like this with kephras bullion bars.
or is the argex bars too pure?
Or maybe they lied and its contaminated.