Author Topic: Shelf life and fallout of colloidal gold  (Read 14958 times)

SiO2

Shelf life and fallout of colloidal gold
« on: October 26, 2013, 08:44:23 PM »
Hi all,
I make a lot of colloidal gold in one go. To give to family and friends. I've found that if its left for a couple of weeks that there is in most of the bottles black grit which I assume is some of the gold falling out. In a few I also get a black mass like a mould sort of fibrous and floaty, I don't know what it is, what causes it and whether its just the gold falling out in a different way. It doesn't look good. Any ideas. How do I stop either happening.

I make colloidal gold using the cinnamon method and find I get beautiful deep ruby colloidal gold. I also clean my bottles and sterilises them in an oven and add 1/4 tsp of ionic silver in an 800 ml bottle to help to keep the gold sterile.

I make both metallic (with the cinnamon method) and ionic silver both with the silvertron as well and generally have no problems with them.

Offline mraluma415

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: Shelf life and fallout of colloidal gold
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 12:56:56 AM »
Mold loves colloidal gold for some reason. What you see is typical food mold. Cinnamon capped colloidal silver will grow mold as well, because colloidal silver has no effect on mold, since mold is not a pathogen or bacteria, but more like a "plant". Keep it in the fridge or filter it through carbon to get the sediment of the cinnamon out. You cant do much about mold growth unless you own a bottling set up for pasteurization.
"The art of healing comes from nature, not from the physician. Therefore the physician must start from nature, with an open mind." - Paracelsus

SiO2

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 03:50:29 AM »
Thanks for the reply.
No point adding ionic silver to it? It's my understanding silver is a potent anti fungal. And I've used it in that capacity and has worked well. I would have thought it would kill any fungus/ mould in the colloidal gold that's why I add it. If I reduce the amount of cinnamon would it lessen the chances. I add a bit over Kephras formula to avoid turbidity as wasn't sure of purity of cinnamon I use.

Also with the sediment, is there a way to reduce that. Again maybe I'm adding too much cinnamon and supersaturating the solution with gold causing fallout.

I'm not a chemist. I would have thought putting it through a carbon filter would pull out all the gold as that's part of the process in gold refining.

Offline mraluma415

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 04:51:39 AM »
You should give it a try.  I think more research needs to be done on colloidal silver and its possible inhibition of mold growth.  From my colloidal silver samples that grew mold, I was very surprised, but it proved that either colloidal silver has no effect on mold, or the capping agent blocks Colloidal Silver's effectiveness as Kephra had once suggested. Topicallly, capped colloidal silver may have a different result due to the bodies ability to absorb the capping agent, but in a bottle, there is nothing to absorb the capping agent.

I will write more on this after I experiment.

"The art of healing comes from nature, not from the physician. Therefore the physician must start from nature, with an open mind." - Paracelsus

samiam

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 06:16:19 PM »
interesting..
just to share my experience with colloidal gold, ive been making 1.5liter batch weekly (store refrigerated) for past 9 months and have never witnessed any buildup nor tonal changes.
The glass jar is so clear i never even bothered to clean the jar often either (maybe cleaned twice in 9 months)
I do though time to time add about 50ml Colloidal Silver into the empty jar, then fill it up with new batch of colloidal gold.

The difference here though is that i make my colloidal gold using microwave (gold chloride/dextrin/sodium carbonate recipe).
Also, the longest i had ever stored my batch (refrigerated) in the past was about 2 weeks.

Offline mraluma415

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 05:04:54 AM »
Currently I have observed a new "phenomenon":

On previous batches of formulating colloidal gold using the chemical method, I used cinnamon xtrct, and sodium carbonate as my pH buffer to reach the desired pH for ruby red microspheres. This formula worked great, yet I had witnessed a lot of mold growth in many batches after a few weeks, even in the fridge. The mold growth happened with colloidal silver as well. The mold I speak of looks like floating balls of "fuzz". The reason I believe this is mold is because I once made a highly concentrated "cold brew" of jasmine tea, kept it in the fridge, and after a week, saw the same fuzzy visitors within that vessel.

With my newer batches, I have switched my electrolyte to sodium hydroxide, with no signs of growth of mold.  I have had a sample sitting here for almost a year, and it finally dawned on me that I needed to try this electrolyte again. 

What I postulate is that sodium carbonate has an affinity for this mold growth. Does this fall under the laws of organic chemistry?  It baffles me why one electrolyte is different than the other in regards to spoilage, even when the pH remains the same between the two.

kvark1

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 06:43:05 PM »
SiO2 wrote that precipitates black. All right it dropped out in a Deposit of gold.
I tried it collect and пережигать with boric acid produces a drop of pure metallic gold. It can be safely drink!!! Here's a photo of draft:

kvark1

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 07:01:10 PM »
These algae begin to grow after 7 days storage around коагулированного Golden sediment.
Filtering almost completely eliminated these algae. The solution has the smell of mold, then it's something else. Apparently increased Ph 8.6 gives this result.
This solution is obtained high voltage plasma method, there's no cinnamon, nor sugars there are only distilled water.

Offline mraluma415

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 04:06:12 AM »
Did you use sodium carbonate?  Gold spoils in this way under certain conditions. alkaline conditions promote mold growth. acidic conditions hinder this growth.  If one wants to store colloidal gold for long periods they have to consider the canning methods.

kvark1

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 04:42:06 AM »
I did not use any chemicals, only distilled water, and 2 gold electrode. Filtering almost completely eliminated these algae. The solution has the smell of mold, then it's something else. Apparently increased Ph 8.6 gives this result.

Offline mraluma415

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 06:56:50 AM »
strange. No salt compounds? No biological matter? I am baffled. We have been trying to figure out what this is for years. No one has tunred the sample into a lab.  The growth has gold nanoparticels within the matrix, so it must have something to do with a crystalization of the particles influenced by an unknown mechanism. This does not happen when using sodium hydroxide as an electrolyte. Since you did not use an electrolyte, this is new knowledge on the phenomenon.

kvark1

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 09:54:03 AM »
Yes this is great progress. I myself struggled with this for 2 years. Thinking how to avoid chlorine gold balance. Checked all the latest literature. It turns out Hindus have found a way black infusion tea translates all remnants of chlorine gold colloidal. Then appeared the Japanese soybeans, saturated with chlorine gold is very popular in Japan. And Australians know that eucalyptus sucks earth colloidal gold in large quantities. And recently began to sell colloidal gold together with soy - she also translates the remains of chlorine in colloidal. But pure plasma method described expedition Barchenko in Лхассу, and also a way to burn gold Moses.

kvark1

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 10:04:32 AM »
I'm sorry-confused - Japanese peanuts are grown gold instead of soy. Yes here bacteria Delftia translate gold ions in metallic gold.
Now I am in a device plasma method of obtaining colloidal gold in this place http://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=1665.15

kvark1

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 10:08:48 AM »
I did not use any chemicals, only distilled water, and 2 gold electrode. Filtering almost completely eliminated these algae. The solution has the smell of mold, then it's something else. Apparently increased Ph 8.6 gives this result.

Error printed here - should read as follows "the solution of seaweed no smell mold, so it's something else."

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 01:12:48 PM »
Quote from: mraluma415
What I postulate is that sodium carbonate has an affinity for this mold growth. Does this fall under the laws of organic chemistry?  It baffles me why one electrolyte is different than the other in regards to spoilage, even when the pH remains the same between the two.
When using sodium carbonate,  CO2 is left in the water.  When using sodium hydroxide there is no CO2.  CO2 is plant food.

However, if the substance in question is mold or algae, it would grow back after being filtered out.  Does it?
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.