Author Topic: Shelf life and fallout of colloidal gold  (Read 15085 times)

Offline mraluma415

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: Shelf life and fallout of colloidal gold
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2014, 06:50:01 AM »
Don't forget using silver in small amounts severl times in a 24 hour period is more effective than just a single dose. But a good experiment.

This is a very optimistic point, but spraying mold directly with 20 ppm ionic silver should have pretty quick results.

And yet, colloidal silver is far more effective against Candida than most Big Pharma drugs. My friend who had it, says she was permanently cured after drinking about 50 ml twice a day for two months.

Interestingly, and flora of the intestine as felt after such a blow?

The "friendly flora" of the intestines are not affected by colloidal silver as much as the negative bacteria due to their thicker cellular membrane. Since most of the friendly flora is in the large intestine, most of the colloidal silver is already absorbed in the small intestine of the body before it reaches this depth.

"The art of healing comes from nature, not from the physician. Therefore the physician must start from nature, with an open mind." - Paracelsus

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2014, 11:09:07 PM »
The friend who took it, drank it on an empty stomach; she had been suffering with Candida all of her adult life.

macanudo21

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2014, 12:39:10 AM »
Some try to add at the end of production potassium sorbate, once is cold? I today I began to experiement with this product to see if it inhibits the growth of mold.
In a few days I commented the result.

kvark1

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2014, 09:29:11 AM »
I bottled stood for this product is already half a year. And no mold. As with maltodextrin. and plasma

SiO2

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2014, 11:38:46 AM »
Hi all it's been a while, back to check on any new methods. I'm still getting mold in my colloidal gold but have absolutely none in my Colloidal Silver ever and I make a lot of both. Is the cause the sodium carbonate as suggested and can I then use the alternative suggested by mraluma

JaWa

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2014, 01:08:47 AM »
While I have used Kephras' 'microwave' method of producing colloidal gold (very fast and convenient), I primarily make it via electrolysis and maltodextrine (cheapest method). When using electrolysis, I make 6 quarts at a time (around 55 ppm). The liquid is on a slow boil the whole time. At the end of processing, I pour the liquid directly into clean food canning jars/lids/rings and store them well-sealed, sometimes for many months. I never have a mold problem in stored jars following this method. I have occasionally seen mold form a few days after the jars are opened if they are kept at room temperature. I never see mold, though, if the opened jars are kept refrigerated.

One time I tried to save electricity by processing the colloidal gold batches 'warm' (instead of simmering/boiling). I found that all of the stored jars with batches made this way molded severely.

My view is that the boiling sterilizes the water and allows indefinite storage until the jars are opened. My experience is that this method is completely reliable.

As a side note, I never see any material settle-out of stored colloidal gold solution, either, even after many months (although I do use somewhat more maltodextrine than was recommended by Kephra).

Additionally, by increasing the amount of maltodextrin and salt (and, of course, time), I have made batches via electrolysis that are over 100 ppm with no problems.

I have spent much time fine-tuning and improving my methods over the past 2 years, but all of the basic information came from Kephra, and for that I am very humbly grateful.

I encouraged my wife to start taking colloidal gold about 10 months ago. Since doing so, her level of intelligence has very notably increased. It's like she's a new person in some respects, and I find her company greatly more enjoyable -- she has developed a sense of humor. I consider it remarkable. My mother and mother-in-law both started taking it over this past Summer. Both report greatly increased energy levels (mental stamina). They are both in their 70s. My thought is that the benefits of colloidal gold for those in mid-life and older will be found to be considerable.

Has anyone here explored either of these items (I'm just starting to)?: Cacao Powder; Maca Powder
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 02:59:08 AM by JaWa »

kvark1

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2014, 01:42:57 AM »
!!!

samiam

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2015, 03:43:17 PM »
i make 1 liter at a time using microwave method, then add 1ml of 400ppm Colloidal Silver then refrigerate.
(BTW, my current 400ppm Colloidal Silver was produced back in spring of 2013; now more than 2 years old still sitting on top shelf of my kitchen cabinet.)

anax

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2015, 09:16:19 AM »
Hi, I have the same problem.After one week of storage colloidal gold and Colloidal Silver have a black cloud "swimming" at conteiner's bottom.Tat is clearly mold.Do you have any suggestion how to prevent it.Maybe adding some solfur preservative?Maybe Sorbic Acid (vit c) will do the job?

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2015, 01:08:55 PM »
Tat is clearly mold
How do you know?  Mold grows on the surface of things, not in water.  If it were some strange kind of mold, then refrigeration would stop it, but I really doubt it is mold.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2015, 10:04:15 PM »
She never reported any disturbance of the intestinal flora.

I advised her that I always drink colloidal silver on an empty stomach, or at least an hour after eating.

Offline PeterXXL

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2016, 01:49:25 PM »
Initially I also experienced problems with large fuzzy things growing in the colloidal gold after some weeks. And the same happened in the 1-molar solutions of glucose, fructose and maltose that I've made. But after adding enough of colloidal silver (high-concentrated and reduced) to it so that it contains 5 ppm silver I have never seen it happen again. Before that I only added colloidal silver so that the concentration was about 0.5 ppm, but that was apparently not enough. It took longer time though before it started to grow in it. And I have tested this by leaving a 100 ml glass beaker of colloidal gold open with just a piece of paper cover it open, and nothing happens to it except that I have to fill up with more water as it vaporises over time. And this is now after several months. So colloidal silver in stabilized nanoform does for sure make sure that nothing else can grow in it, but the concentration must be high enough.

samiam

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2016, 07:57:28 PM »
... ... So colloidal silver in stabilized nanoform does for sure make sure that nothing else can grow in it, but the concentration must be high enough.

I've been making colloidal gold for over 2 yrs now and am familiar with that 'fibrous thing' that seem to be appearing after a while even while being refrigerated.

I've been adding 2 to 3ml of 400ppm capped Colloidal Silver into the my colloidal gold batch(1000ml) after each production and everything seemed fine until one time last year, despite Colloidal Silver content inside the colloidal gold batch, the fibrous thing did form while in the refrigerator. But what's more interesting is that, aside from the fibrous thing the rest of the colloidal gold seemed unchanged with still very clear ruby red; and did remain so quite a while!

I am now experimenting with small batch of colloidal gold that is almost a year old by now to see what happens in the long run after those fibrous things started forming inside; So far, the fibrous thing grew a bit larger but the remaining solution still appears very clear ruby red.

Im guessing that they are just some sort of clots forming thru saturation over time. One reason to think that is because they don't really seem to cause other changes to the remaining colloidal gold(visually and taste-wise) or any shift in turbidity of the solution.

I'll keep you posted after the batch reaches 18th months.

samiam

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2016, 02:57:27 AM »
This is from 2 week old colloidal gold(refrigerated).
Approx. 1/2" to 3/4' in diameter.
Fibrous 'hairball'-like, but flat/disc shape in form.

I'm going to place this in a glass filled with Carbo-Gain-dissolved water to see if it grows further; I doubt it will but curious.

Rest of the colloidal gold solution still very clear and usable; Though boiled for a minute in microwave.

Handyguy

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2016, 11:49:10 PM »
So sodium hydroxide can be used to raise the PH level in colloidal gold instead of sodium carbonate with no ill effects?