Author Topic: Power supply  (Read 6747 times)

iolas

Re: Power supply
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2016, 07:34:49 PM »
hi guys !! are any of these suitable for colloidal gold production?if not ,please point to some others...-the aforementioned could not order due to some credit card issues and high shipping fees-..thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-25x1w-High-Power-LED-Driver-Constant-Current-Power-Supply-/201428376678?hash=item2ee6111c66:g:KkgAAOSwuTxV9j8o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Constant-Current-Driver-for-10-18pcs-3W-High-Power-LED-AC85-265V-40w-600mA-/221873496465?hash=item33a8b0e191:g:VoMAAOSw3ydV6U-n

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 01:56:26 AM »
Either one will work.  You might have to experiment with the electrode geometry, or use a resistor to further limit the current with the second one. 
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

iolas

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2016, 10:16:21 AM »
Guys any ideas on how to connect this right to the grid? it has bare cables on both sides.The input is on the left i guess,right?
Which cable should be connected with which of the plug? does it matter?
i am a newbie in electronics ,so be gentle  haha...thanks!

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2016, 10:51:41 AM »
N and L are input power from the mains.  G is ground from the mains connector.
R goes to your gold anode.  W goes to your cathode.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

iolas

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2016, 11:13:34 AM »
the grounding got me perplexed ..how to do i need another cable or is it done "automatically" when i connect the N and L?
Does this video show exactly what should i do ? thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1WB5b4D7xI

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2016, 11:37:04 AM »
Yes if you have a two wire mains cable. 

Offline cosanostra

• Participant
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2019, 02:44:38 PM »
Hi, I'm little confused, which type to choose: Constant Voltage or Constant Current? Please help me!
http://led-bg.com/bg/brands/meanwell
Big choice, what would you pick?
“It is my view that the vegetarian manner of living, by its purely physical effect on the human temperament, would most beneficially influence the lot of mankind.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline cosanostra

• Participant
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2019, 07:39:41 PM »
I used constant voltage when I did the experiments and created the formulas.  I used a RadioShack 36 volt power pack, which actually produced about 30 volts.
Thanks! I saw that, but what you use at now?
I might get DC Adapter 48V C.V. but the next question is how much Amperage - 0.4 0.6 0.8 or 1+
“It is my view that the vegetarian manner of living, by its purely physical effect on the human temperament, would most beneficially influence the lot of mankind.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2019, 10:32:27 PM »
I don't make it that way.  I use the chemical reduction of gold chloride.
When I developed the electrolysis method, my power supply put out about 250 to 300 ma of current.

Offline SaltyCornflakes

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2019, 01:20:41 PM »
With my 34V unit, I hit a hard ceiling around 220mA when all the conditions are perfect and the electrodes are very close together. Meaning you would reach about 310mA maximum with a 48V unit. Get the .4 or .6 A unit to have some headroom and you should be fine.

Offline cosanostra

• Participant
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2019, 02:54:55 PM »
I don't make it that way.  I use the chemical reduction of gold chloride.
When I developed the electrolysis method, my power supply put out about 250 to 300 ma of current.
Ah, I get it. Tnanks for your help and this forum.
Anyway, I pick 0.4A / 48V (C.V.) and try to measure the current with my multimer but nothing(little up and back to zero), maybe because is not a constant current, am I right? But on the field it done the job. My first colloidal gold batch, and including the Colloidal Silver you can welcome me to the club :D I also was unable to measure the current during the electrolyze, because I was busy to stirring (handly) :D Is this is the color I need -  Rose wine?
― Albert Einstein

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2019, 03:27:39 PM »
Yes, color looks good.
You should have been able to measure though.
Positive meter lead to positive current.  Negative meter lead to gold anode.
Negative power lead to cathode.

Shadsu

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2019, 07:30:42 AM »
Hi, I'm also trying to understand how I can make my own colloidal gold and I live in Europe like you, but in Germany.
I want ask which kind of gold form do you think to use? I tried to look for gold wires but without success.
I decide to use gold lingots sold for collection, but clearly a wire would be much better.
Do you have idea where I can find it?

Thanks in advance

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2019, 10:26:07 AM »
Try Cookson Gold if you can order from Germany. However, I would suggest that you use a very small .999 fine bullion bar and just submerge the very edge of it.

Shadsu

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2019, 09:09:23 PM »
Thanks, I found the website, they have also a German version. They have 0,5 mm and 1 mm
I think I will buy the 0,5 mm wire.
Thank you also for the link the other topic .