Author Topic: Prefered Reducers for colloidal silver  (Read 14585 times)

Offline nix2p

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: Prefered Reducers for colloidal silver
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2016, 08:11:43 PM »
The reducing agent I use today for colloidal silver consists of ...

Either a reducing sugar, which I make as:
- 1 mol dextrose/glucose (18 gram / 100 ml) + 0.1 mol  maltodextrin (32 gram / 100 ml).

Or plant tincture, which I make as:
- Preferably turmeric root tincture or cannabis/hemp tincture (half weight of dry plant to double weight/volume of 95% ethyl alcohol).

1 ml of either of that is enough to reduce and stabilize 100 mg of silver. For higher concentrations I prefer to use plant extract.

OK, i have purchased 1 lb of Turmeric powder form. Comes from a food supply store, therefore it is not "medical grade".

(We are going to leave temporarily the process of making our batch - and if possible, to convert it to medical grade, for purposes

of long term Colloidal Silver storage and "without spoilage effect - mold presence in it".) 

Onward, now if we use 1 gram of Turmeric and ad 2 grams of 160 proof grain alcohol?

- How am I doing? (is my math correct? To make a tincture!)

Modified:
Page on the subject: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/jnm/2013/563826/tab1/

Website article on Raspberry as reducing agent: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/jnm/2013/563826/

« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 08:26:13 PM by nix2p »
"I am too old to die young, and too young to grow up"!
Marty Feldman

Offline PeterXXL

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2016, 08:39:49 PM »
<snip>

Onward, now if we use 1 gram of Turmeric and ad 2 grams of 160 proof grain alcohol?

- How am I doing? (is my math correct? To make a tincture!)

For the final extract yes, but you need to add more alcohol than 2 times the weight of turmeric powder to start with, and once you have filtered it you can see how much it is, and then boil off excessive alcohol.

I use to make from 50 gram turmeric root powder and it required about 300 ml alcohol to cover it in the glass jar I used. I left it for a couple of days, and shaked the selaed glass jar several times every day before I finally filtered it through a coffee filter, and got about 150 ml or so, and boiled off so that I finally got 100 ml of the extract, which I then poured into a glass bottle.

Offline Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2016, 09:11:04 PM »
The best I can easily manage here in Canada is 40% alcohol.
Will this work for making an extract or would I need a higher grade of ethanol?
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline nix2p

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2016, 09:34:35 PM »
The best I can easily manage here in Canada is 40% alcohol.
Will this work for making an extract or would I need a higher grade of ethanol?

- At the brewery store they sell alcohol thermometer, (I think that's what is called - to find out your alcohol purity/strength), or being a handy

guy like me, (make your own still),  just re-distill some of the alcohol you have, by re-doing the stilling process. (Send me the extra you make,

this guy here gets thirsty some times!  ;)
Marty Feldman

Offline Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2016, 09:41:34 PM »
In Canada it is illegal to distill alcohol. I believe that covers re-distilling as well. I might secretly try it but I don't have a distilling setup and don't want to spend the money for the equipment.

Thanks for the idea though.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline nix2p

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2016, 09:44:58 PM »
- Yes, a "baby-bottle-warmer", which doesn't have an "ignitter" to ignite the vapors from alcohol, also a well

ventilated area is advised. Yep, yep... That will do it, and once arriving at results, I assume we use the Turmeric

Tincture for both: EA, RA at the beginning of extracting Ionic Silver... and nothing there after or do we Cap it for internal usage - still?

-  Four or Five drops to start with?

For the final extract yes, but you need to add more alcohol than 2 times the weight of turmeric powder to start with, and once you have filtered it you can see how much it is, and then boil off excessive alcohol.

I use to make from 50 gram turmeric root powder and it required about 300 ml alcohol to cover it in the glass jar I used. I left it for a couple of days, and shaked the selaed glass jar several times every day before I finally filtered it through a coffee filter, and got about 150 ml or so, and boiled off so that I finally got 100 ml of the extract, which I then poured into a glass bottle.
Marty Feldman

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2016, 09:51:47 PM »
What benefit do you think you will get by reducing with turmeric over glucose/maltose/maltodextrin?
I think you will not get any benefit as the turmeric is going to be digested off the nanoparticles.  I think you would be better off to just take the turmeric separately, as you could get a much bigger dose.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline nix2p

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2016, 07:25:33 PM »
What benefit do you think you will get by reducing with turmeric over glucose/maltose/maltodextrin?

- Kep, I believe I can speak for most of our forum members on how grateful we all are, that someone like yourself

focused their academic intelligence, time,  numerous efforts, research, patience and even after numerous failures, kept

focused on the objective at hand and without any hindrance or hesitation "brought into light" a more refined product

that benefits humanity, put it mildly -  in a very special way. 

- Yes, this an open forum, where among those of us that just seek a relief from various "health-obstructions" - dis-eases,

there are also folks that come and read these pages, (I'm talking about deed not the person) form ideas, (mainly those with

academic background), and instead of contributing some of their research, they "throw us a dog bone", now and then,  than go out and

commercialize their product.

Their actions show clearly that they serve their greed, their ideas are not an open book, they take, but do not give back,

and for sure they do not help nor benefit humanity. 

- To answer your question and those that truly contribute to this forum, their time, expertise, finance, to mention a few,  I

cannot ask any of you, because my answer is repeating your question , back to you - the experts. It means that if you

want to share your experience/expertise on these subjects, that call is yours. ;)

That's how I see it.

Marty Feldman

Offline nix2p

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2016, 10:52:39 PM »
Question I put to myself is that - about (RA) - Reducing Agent and Capping Agent.

- 2014-1015, have used IS, Ionic Silver with no arthritic pain - anywhere!

- This year I started using EA - (baked baking soda), + RA (Karo syrup), and capping with Knox gelatin.

Now the question that I try to answer to myself  is how to obtain or turn what I use; RA (Karo syrup),

and capping - Knox gelatin in to "medical grade", where there is no toxigenic  fungi  or Mycotoxins in these ingredients.

- This is the reason for this post, on "Reducers" and capping - agents, with hope that someone heard or knows the difference.

Mycotoxins in Spices and Herbs: Download a .pdf file - Update
--------------------------------------------------------

Raw   materials   for   medicinal   use   and   herbal
supplements   are   frequently   contaminated   with
toxigenic  fungi   generated   from  the  soil,   or  the
plants  themselves,  during  harvesting  or  in  storage.

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/02652030701567459?needAccess=true
Marty Feldman

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2016, 10:57:05 PM »
Why do you think Karo and Knox have mycotoxins?  They are both highly processed ingredients, unlike soaking turmeric in alcohol etc.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline nix2p

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2016, 06:42:39 PM »
Why do you think Karo and Knox have mycotoxins?  They are both highly processed ingredients, unlike soaking turmeric in alcohol etc.

Now the question that I try to answer to myself  is how to obtain or turn what I use; RA (Karo syrup),

and capping - Knox gelatin in to "medical grade", where there is no toxigenic  fungi  or Mycotoxins in these ingredients.

- I wouldn't mind a bit, in conducting the process - above. The magic question is - how!!!

If there are/is instructions on how to do it - simply - and without the facilities of certain expensive equipment, or intricate knowledge of a

chemistry/biological knowledge, I will do it, for ALL of us , in a hart beat!? (I'm hopping to please, just tell me what to do!)

- If this is not a serious matter,  I do not know , what else is!?
Marty Feldman

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2016, 12:00:29 PM »
The easiest way to use/buy 40% ethanol is to buy the cheapest "value" supermarket vodka.

In the UK, it is possible to buy 100% pure ethanol, but you need to buy a licence which makes it uneconomic (which is the deliberate idea) unless you are buying a lot; or you can become a limited company, when most of these restrictions do not apply.

Idiots drinking the stuff has caused a lot of problems for us normal people.

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2016, 03:32:20 PM »
nix2p,

When I 1st joined this forum after 1 1/2 years or so of trying to make colloidal silver according to all the other web sites out there with inferior equipment, I wanted to make the perfect colliodal silver more than ever!  I was on a quest and I questioned everything.  You can look back in my post and probably tell that I annoyed Kephra quite a bit. Even though I had read and reread all the material.  I just knew there had to be a better way and even shortcuts I could take and not lose quality, but increase the quality. 

I had been so frustrated by my previous dealings with different manufacturers of colliodal silver generators and their methods, that I wasn't going to settle for anything less than perfect.  Slowly I found out by just following Kephra's instructions that he and this forum was like no other forum I had ever seen.

Kephra had done all the work on development of the SilverTron family of generators and the best formulas that work with them.  Then you throw in all the other great and talented members of this forum, well all the hard work is done.  These experts have spent a lot of time testing, retesting, tweaking, and sometimes even improving the formulas that Kephra has laid out.  And if something is improved, which is rare, then he updates his instructions accordingly.

The expert members have come up with some great discoveries, as well as backing up what we already know!  Sure there will be changes in the future, but I believe they aren't going to improve the quality of the colliodal silver we make here by much. 

The whole point of colliodal silver and being able to make it yourself is:

CONSISTENCY OF THE PRODUCT

SIMPLICITY OF PRODUCTION

USE OF INGREDIENTS THAT ARE SAFE AND AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE

BEING ABLE TO MAKE IT ON THE FLY OR STORE IT UP FOR LATER USE

MAKING IT AFFORDABLE

I'm not saying don't experiment or ask questions at all.  We need that.  Just letting you know, I feel your pain and excitement.  We never get anywhere if we don't try. SO I don't stress out over the small stuff anymore.  Just get all the basics down till you can do it with your eyes closed.  I try to find ways to use it for my health and others. As well as around the house.  New things pop up all the time.  I concentrate on improving  things in those areas.  And of course following the experiments and experiences of the our members.

I have never seen mold or any other impurities that I can recognize.  I make my colliodal silver, both  capped and uncapped. As well as Ionic silver according to Kephra's recipes.  I have set my capped colliodal silver in both dark hot and dark cold places, sealed and unsealed, in open and closed containers in the sun and under fluorescent lights for weeks at a time.  Without anything more than happening to it than evaporation or a dead bug or two and dust of course.  I now put a rag rubber banded over the top to keep the bugs out of the open test containers.  This stuff in pretty darn stable or I have been extremely lucky.

320 Gell Capped Colliodal Silver Using The SilverTron Elite:

1 liter Distilled Water
   1 gram Knox Gelatin (sitting in unstirred DW till warmed to 130*F)
   Then Add;
   1 ml Baked Baking Soda
   8 Drop Pure Karo Undiluted
   Fire Clean Anode & Cathode 2-3 times
   Put on lid while warm & let cool

Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

Offline nix2p

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2016, 05:00:17 AM »
nix2p,

When I 1st joined this forum after 1 1/2 years or so of trying to make colloidal silver according to all the other web sites out there with inferior equipment, I wanted to make the perfect colloidal silver more than ever!  I was on a quest and I questioned everything.  You can look back in my post and probably tell that I annoyed Kephra quite a bit. Even though I had read and reread all the material.  I just knew there had to be a better way and even shortcuts I could take and not lose quality, but increase the quality. 

Awesome post Bob. Thank you.

1). In my previous posts, which needed clarifying on my part, (my apology for that), is the fact that the inventor came with an eminent product - period. And I know wholeheartedly that all of us are immensely grateful and are 100% behind this inventor, and this is the part that our inventor HAS CONTROL OVER IT. The flip side of the coin is that we accepted a suggestion on the capping and reducing agent, which our inventor has no control on how gelatin and Karo syrup is/are prepared... And I do not believe that our inventor owns these companies, nor  knows how these ingredients are prepared in relation to suit our purpose!

I'm not saying don't experiment or ask questions at all.  We need that.  Just letting you know, I feel your pain and excitement.  We never get anywhere if we don't try.

I have never seen mold or any other impurities that I can recognize.  I make my colloidal silver, both  capped and uncapped.

2). This article has been addressed before.

- On the flip side, Bob, I believe that we reach our "potential" when we are no longer able to contribute to our subject in question.

...And,  the question that I try to answer myself  is how to obtain or turn what I use; RA (Karo syrup),

Nix
Marty Feldman

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2016, 10:06:29 AM »
Nix,

You are completely right and I have completely missed the subject of the post.  Sorry for that oversight. 

As far as making collloidal silver from medical grade ingredients or somehow making colloidal silver as a finished medical grade product would be a very useful to the public.  I myself have wondered about injecting Colloidal Silver for a quicker response or a more controlled way of administering colloidal silver for testing.  I do believe that with properly sterilized equipment for making and injecting colloidal silver, than it can be reasonably done.  Of course that is at your own risk and I have never recommended going that way.

But I also have no idea the processes, cost or controls needed for such a venture.  I will surely be watching to see if anyone comes up with any information on a verifiable, reliable and safe way to do this!  As I have quite a few experiments I would consider performing.  Good luck in your search and be sure to keep us posted.

Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln