Author Topic: Reducing High Voltage Ionic Colloidal Silver  (Read 1635 times)

orionis83

Reducing High Voltage Ionic Colloidal Silver
« on: March 12, 2019, 12:31:22 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I want to reduce a High Voltage 1000 PPM Ionic Colloidal Silver to particle silver. I have this product tested from Lab and this is actually 1000 PPM silver. This is crystal clear and water white and extremely bitter in taste. Also very faint tyndall effect. I have also done salt test. So everything pointing to ionic silver.

I have diluted it to 40PPM and tried Karo Light Corn syrup to reduce it but nothing happened and solution turned cloudy as soon as I added corn syrup. I guess ions reacted with some thing in the corn syrup. I did not added Sodium Carbonate. I will be getting maltodextrin tomorrow. So kindly guide me what to do. Is adding Sodium Carbonate important ??

Thanks

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
Re: Reducing High Voltage Ionic Colloidal Silver
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 12:53:02 PM »
You need to reduce the product as it is being made.

Follow the instructions for making gelatin-capped Colloidal Silver. The production process doesn't matter, as long as the ionic product is reduced completely.

orionis83

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 02:00:34 PM »
Thanks for replying. The company from which I have purchased solution also make 10,000 PPM and 1,00,000 PPM solutions too. They have provided lab reports showing not only silver content but also other compounds including nitrates , chlorides etc. and all are nil. The product is crystal clear water white with almost zero tyndall effect even in dark light. There are small sparkling particles. Also adding salt make solution cloudy. It's also bitter. So I think all that points to ionic silver.

I tried reducing it with Sodium Borohydride and it reduced instantly with beautiful yellow color and becomes completely tasteless but issue is it works for small batches and not beyond 15 PPM. For above 15 PPM solution will be unstable, change color and ultimately turn to dark brown.

No its not muddy , it becomes cloudy like when we add salt to ionic silver. Also it taste exactly like ionic silver. Are there any further test to confirm wether it's ionic silver ?? Please reply as I am very confused.

Also skin turns dark if we have stain of 1000 PPM product on exposure to sunlight. I asked company about this and they said that above 100 PPM silver will stain and below that it will not happen.

Thanks,

orionis83

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 03:20:19 PM »
I asked them and they said only water and silver. Nothing else. Even they told me that one batch takes 36-48 hours to make.

I again rechecked their lab report shows Nitrite as 0 PPM no mention of Nitrate. I sent a diluted sample in Lab. It tested 134 PPM for silver. Conductivity was 177 micro seimens and TDS was 80 PPM using my own TDS meter. Lab report says Zinc at 200 PPM.

They even send me a lab report showing antimicrobial activity of their product at 10 PPM.

Is there any test I can do to check Silver Nitrate ?? Or should I send this product to lab for testing.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 03:33:18 PM »
...their lab report shows Nitrite as 0 PPM no mention of Nitrate...
No need to test further. They are probably hoping that you will confuse Nitrite with Nitrate. Either way, their is no point in proceeding further. Their product is indeed an antiseptic, but it's only good for soaking your socks. Reduced Silver Nitrate will yield Nitric Acid as a contaminant, and the solution will be very acidic. The other salts are more useful for external use, but I am sure that the product as purchased is very expensive.

Start again with low-voltage electrolysis as suggested in the Articles. It will be more useful and will cost you much less.

orionis83

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 05:00:08 AM »
Today I did a little experiment. I read some where that if copper metal is places in Silver Nitrate solution, it will reduce silver ions to metallic silver and blue copper nitrate will be created that will make solution blue. I dipped a copper rod in my colloidal silver at around 200 PPM, silver crystal stated to form on copper rod, but the solution was completely transparent. There was no hint of blue color in water.

I also talked with guy in company, and he said that Silver Nitrate solution will have very high TDS compared to ECS (Electrode Colloidal Silver) for a similar amount of solution. My 134 PPM silver tested via ICP OES machine measure 75-80 PPM when tested with home TDS meter. I have read somewhere that Silver Ions measure around half of actual silver concentration.

Aπy views if I am right ??

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 11:05:52 AM »
I have read somewhere that Silver Ions measure around half of actual silver concentration.
TDS meters are ohmeters.  They measure MX where M is the metal, and X is the counterion.
Since you do not know the counter ion, and think you are measuring AgX, it is an invalid assumption.

Since you did not get a color change with your copper experiment, you should now test for fluoride.
Silver fluoride is colorless in aqueous solutions.

You certainly should not ingest an unknown substance. 
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

orionis83

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 02:19:38 PM »
Thanks for replying. I will definitely do some test for fluoride. 

Meanwhile I have successfully reduced ionic silver today. Missing link was Sodium Carbonate. Both Corn Syrup and Maltodextrin did the job. Maltodextrin gave most consistent results. With Corn Syrup color was too dark and solution was little cloudy. I tried Maltodextrin with 40 PPM, 20 PPM and 10 PPM and every time it reduced perfectly with it's own unique colour.  I checked tyndall effect. Corn syrup gave very strong tyndall effect and Maltodextrin gave a very faint tyndall effect. So this means dextrin gave better particle size compared to corn syrup ?? Kindly help as I am not very experienced.

Also what are the factors effects reduction and stability of reduced solution if I want to go with  Maltodextrin and Sodium Carbonate combo.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 02:31:24 PM »
Thanks for replying. I will definitely do some test for fluoride. 
If the test comes back positive, throw it away. Drinking fluorides is NOT good for your health.

Meanwhile I have successfully reduced ionic silver today. Missing link was Sodium Carbonate. Both Corn Syrup and Maltodextrin did the job. Maltodextrin gave most consistent results. With Corn Syrup color was too dark and solution was little cloudy. I tried Maltodextrin with 40 PPM, 20 PPM and 10 PPM and every time it reduced perfectly with it's own unique colour.  I checked tyndall effect. Corn syrup gave very strong tyndall effect and Maltodextrin gave a very faint tyndall effect. So this means dextrin gave better particle size compared to corn syrup ?? Kindly help as I am not very experienced.
Yes, I have found Maltodextrin to give a slower reduction speed, but far better results than glucose/fructose. Others' mileage may vary.

Also what are the factors effects reduction and stability of reduced solution if I want to go with  Maltodextrin and Sodium Carbonate combo.
Use 1 ml of 1 M (molar) Sodium Carbonate per litre of Colloidal Silver. The amount of Maltodextrin needed is tiny, but an excess will not harm the end product. I would again urge you to follow the instructions in the Articles section.