Author Topic: Aloe reduced/capped AgNP 20ppm  (Read 890 times)

Offline Familyman

• Participant
    • Richard Wright Photography
Aloe reduced/capped AgNP 20ppm
« on: November 14, 2019, 06:44:38 PM »
Hi Forum members... I have been reading, and reading, and reading this site for the past couple of weeks in an effort to avoid asking silly questions and wasting anyone's time... I hope !

I am currently attempting to replicate FlyingDutchman's aloe capped 20ppm AgNP for topical use... primarily on fungus.

Having studied FD's video, my question relates to the quantity of aloe powder used
(I am using 200x organic aloe powder).

Is the 10mg used for 500ml crucial, or can a more be added to create 1x Aloe vera leaf juice infused w/ AgNP and accelerate the reduction ?
( in my case, the dilution for 1x Aloe vera leaf juice is 1:199 )

I am currently 90 minutes into the reduction at 90ºC with 1g of 200x aloe powder ( dissolved in DW ) in 250ml of 20ppm IS ( made with electrolyte ) and the color is light yellow...still.

Will it fully reduce under these conditions...? Well, 2hrs at 90ºC and it remained very light yellow.

Any input/advice is greatly appreciated. Many thanks !
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 07:50:19 PM by Familyman »
Life; Ride it like you stole it !

FlyingDutchman

Re: Aloe reduced/capped AgNP 20ppm
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 03:58:44 PM »
Hi Forum members... I have been reading, and reading, and reading this site for the past couple of weeks in an effort to avoid asking silly questions and wasting anyone's time... I hope !

I am currently attempting to replicate FlyingDutchman's aloe capped 20ppm AgNP for topical use... primarily on fungus.

Having studied FD's video, my question relates to the quantity of aloe powder used
(I am using 200x organic aloe powder).

Is the 10mg used for 500ml crucial, or can a more be added to create 1x Aloe vera leaf juice infused w/ AgNP and accelerate the reduction ?
( in my case, the dilution for 1x Aloe vera leaf juice is 1:199 )

I am currently 90 minutes into the reduction at 90ºC with 1g of 200x aloe powder ( dissolved in DW ) in 250ml of 20ppm IS ( made with electrolyte ) and the color is light yellow...still.

Will it fully reduce under these conditions...? Well, 2hrs at 90ºC and it remained very light yellow.

Any input/advice is greatly appreciated. Many thanks !

I don't believe it is a problem to add some more, I generally do so (40 mg dry extract for 1L), but I would not exaggerate, as the dry extract contains many other components that may affect shelf life. I have no experience with Aloé vera extract or infusion, so I wouldn't be able to help you with quantities.
We have to remember that green synthesis is not exact science, as each plant will have a different chemical composition,depending on variety, soil, and other environmental conditions. I was surprised to see, at first, that there was no evident problem in using the full leaf gel contents, as in some lab reports the gel is processed before use.

Offline Familyman

• Participant
    • Richard Wright Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 05:08:16 PM »
Thank you very much for your reply, Sir FlyingDutchman. I attempted to make 2 batches, 1 with more AV, 1 with less AV and they both appeared to be failures.

I have since decided to rely on the 'tried and true' 20ppm and simply blend in my AV 200x powder. The effects are good enough for foot fungus, cuts, scrapes, burns, etc.

I just wish I had more time to experiment more.

Thanks again... and best wishes for the new year !
Life; Ride it like you stole it !

FlyingDutchman

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 07:26:59 PM »
Best wishes for 2020 and good experimenting! My Aloé vera powder has never let me down, I am not sure what may have happened in your case...