Author Topic: Silver Argyria symptoms - long term Colloidal Silver consumption question  (Read 1464 times)

Offline imcool

• Participant
Hello,
I have been drinking C.S. at least between  40-60ppm everyday as my daily drinking water for last 6 months by using methods here on the forums, Maybe I am over thinking but I am wondering if I should be worried or look for any symptoms of Argyria, since I am new long time drinker can someone please share their reviews about regular drinking of Colloidal Silver over longer period of time ( 6 months for me)  while substituted for drinking water.

did you notice any argyria symptoms?

Regards and have a good day.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
Re: Silver Argyria symptoms - long term Colloidal Silver consumption question
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 02:47:39 PM »
I have been drinking Ionic Silver Oxide for many years when I first started making Colloidal Silver (not now recommended, though). I never got any symptoms of Argyria, nor do I know of anyone who has, just from drinking Ionic Silver Oxide.

I have also been drinking true Colloidal Silver (the yellow/brown version) for fifteen years, and never had any symptoms of Argyria from this, either. There are two issues with intake of silver salts; the people who get Argyria (very very rare, I only know of three cases in the last twenty-five years) have all done the following:

i) They have drunk large amounts of silver salts such as silver nitrate, silver chloride or silver citrate. They have not been using true Colloidal Silver.

ii) They have not been makers of Colloidal Silver.

iii) They have mainly been trying to make an adverse point about Colloidal Silver and trying to destroy the reputation of Colloidal Silver making and Colloidal Silver itself.

I can't say it will never happen, but I don't know of anyone who has got Argyria from drinking therapeutic quantities of true Colloidal Silver. I hope this reassures you to a large extent.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 07:39:19 PM by cfnisbet »

Offline imcool

• Participant
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 08:27:30 PM »
Yes, thank you so much, because I see many good effects of it.

Offline SaltyCornflakes

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 08:16:09 AM »
IIRC, one of the first places you would notice argyria is the color of the fingernails.

With properly reduced Colloidal Silver I wouldn't worry. I drank a lot of the stuff, even some ionic silver back when I didn't know better, and never had any issues.

I would not drink it regularly over 6 months however. It's not a supplement, it's a (mild) antibiotic. Use it like one.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2020, 06:55:29 PM »
Yes, the first sign is a greying of the white of the eyes and the "skin" under the fingernails.

Offline FromTheDen

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 05:09:37 PM »
Piggy-backing on @SaltyCornflakes, contrary to many claims out there, bacteria can develop resistance to colloidal silver, just like other antibiotics. For that reason you do not want to use it just because.

There is more specific dosing on other posts, but a general start is ~1 liter 20ppm a day until all is good. You can even cut back after a few days because it will build up to a sufficient concentration in the blood and the half-life will keep it there.

As you will find in the Articles section, there is NO risk of Argyria with true (reduced) colloidal silver (yellow). The only potential risk is with ionic silver (clear) as @cfnisbet explained.

Offline imcool

• Participant
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2021, 11:40:36 PM »
Piggy-backing on @SaltyCornflakes, contrary to many claims out there, bacteria can develop resistance to colloidal silver, just like other antibiotics. For that reason you do not want to use it just because.

There is more specific dosing on other posts, but a general start is ~1 liter 20ppm a day until all is good. You can even cut back after a few days because it will build up to a sufficient concentration in the blood and the half-life will keep it there.

As you will find in the Articles section, there is NO risk of Argyria with true (reduced) colloidal silver (yellow). The only potential risk is with ionic silver (clear) as @cfnisbet explained.
Thanks

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
I have been drinking Ionic Silver Oxide for many years when I first started making Colloidal Silver (not now recommended, though). I never got any symptoms of Argyria, nor do I know of anyone who has, just from drinking Ionic Silver Oxide.

I have also been drinking true Colloidal Silver (the yellow/brown version) for fifteen years, and never had any symptoms of Argyria from this, either. There are two issues with intake of silver salts; the people who get Argyria (very very rare, I only know of three cases in the last twenty-five years) have all done the following:

i) They have drunk large amounts of silver salts such as silver nitrate, silver chloride or silver citrate. They have not been using true Colloidal Silver.

ii) They have not been makers of Colloidal Silver.

iii) They have mainly been trying to make an adverse point about Colloidal Silver and trying to destroy the reputation of Colloidal Silver making and Colloidal Silver itself.

I can't say it will never happen, but I don't know of anyone who has got Argyria from drinking therapeutic quantities of true Colloidal Silver. I hope this reassures you to a large extent.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong. If you consume ionic silver, it takes ages because you are effecting your body from the inside out all at once, right? I think the reason Karason went so blue/grey so quickly was he was constantly putting it on his face because he had some skin condition. I think that is what got into the skin directly, at the point of contact and reacted and got stuck in the cells. Just a theory I had but given the admin of this forum drank ionic silver for a chunk of time and never went blue, leads me to believe it's a slow process to going blue if you are just drinking it, but it would probably still happen though. Feel free to shoot me down if my theory sounds wrong.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
The idiot Karason drank ionic silver and I don't even think it was Ionic Silver Oxide. I think it was silver chloride. He also sprayed it on his skin and then "baked" it on using a UV lamp. It is hard not to conclude that he liked the notoriety for being bluish-coloured and didn't care about the harm he was doing to the reputation of Colloidal Silver.

It is noticeable, however, that it did him no medical harm whatsoever. He was still an idiot, though.

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
He baked it with a UV lamp? Is there a source for this I can cite in future when someone comes to me with the "That'll turn you blue, you're foolish!" arguments.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Quote from: cfnisbet
It is noticeable, however, that it did him no medical harm whatsoever. He was still an idiot, though.
Considering he died of pneumonia, it didn't do him any good either.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.