Author Topic: Requesting help.  (Read 48287 times)

RedDogJT

Re: Requesting help.
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2020, 12:17:02 AM »
Peroxide is a very strong oxidizer.  1 Liter of peroxide can produce 10 liters of oxygen.

Peroxide reacts with silver giving off oxygen and converting the silver metal to silver oxide.

2Ag + 4H202 --> 2Ag0 + 4H2O +O2

This reaction was used to power torpedoes in Russian submarines at one time.  A leaking peroxide valve caused a torpedo to explode in the Russian Kursk, sinking the sub.
Those pesky Russian's!  :D
So silver oxide is not a good thing in our bodies?  I'm asking again because I'm dosing with two highly oxidizing elements: Vitamin C and H202.  Naturally, I don't want to sink my own sub! ???

TheresaBee

« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2020, 12:48:46 AM »
@TheresaBee:

Apparently some difference has snuck into your procedures.  The jar silvers because the ionic silver is not being reduced fast enough, which may imply your reducing agent has gone bad, or is not enough.  So I would double check your Karo.

You could be on to something there! My Karo is 2 and a half years old. So are the 2 litres I've just made useless? Do I chuck the lot, or does it still have the same amount of nanoparticles and stuff?
I'm cleaning the jar with peroxide after use, it's the only thing that will clean it.

RedDogJT

« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2020, 01:28:19 AM »
Karo will typically mold if not refrigerated, and even if refrigerated I don't think it will last that long.  I would not want anything that had mold in it.

Offline imcool

• Participant
« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2020, 04:28:30 PM »
Peroxide is a very strong oxidizer.  1 Liter of peroxide can produce 10 liters of oxygen.

Peroxide reacts with silver giving off oxygen and converting the silver metal to silver oxide.

2Ag + 4H202 --> 2Ag0 + 4H2O +O2

This reaction was used to power torpedoes in Russian submarines at one time.  A leaking peroxide valve caused a torpedo to explode in the Russian Kursk, sinking the sub.
Those pesky Russian's!  :D
So silver oxide is not a good thing in our bodies?  I'm asking again because I'm dosing with two highly oxidizing elements: Vitamin C and H202.  Naturally, I don't want to sink my own sub! ???
Vitamin C is not an oxidizing agent, it is a reducing agent.  Any substance which is know to be an anti-oxidant is in reality a reducing agent, excluding things like paint which we use to keep our car fenders from turning to rust.

Silver oxide is not good to ingest.  It turns to silver chloride in the stomach and is what can turn people into smurfs.

sorry to divert the thread a little bit, Kephra, can you please help me with this issue i ran into with gold water

https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=5108.0

Offline imcool

• Participant
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2020, 05:23:23 PM »
Filter it.

I did and it developed again, i forgot to mentioned this is second time it developed, i did filter it the first time thinking that its some impurity, i might have missed

Offline Josie29

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2020, 05:47:22 PM »
TheresaBee:

I make 320 ppm frequently.

Recently I noted one batch during which the glass became very 'silvered.'

The only thing I had done differently was change my heat to <150 degrees F.

I don't know 'scientifically' if the heat change was the cause ... but since then I have had my heat such that the water was near a boil, but not boiling and I haven't had the silvering issue since.

vikramaditya

« Reply #141 on: April 27, 2020, 03:18:34 PM »
This is my first question on this forum and I am newbie so pardon if my question is silly.
I wanted to do 320ppm AgNP but since I am pure vegetarian I would not be able to use Gelatin for capping. The question is that can I use Agar Agar(vegetarian gelatin substitute) instead?

Offline SaltyCornflakes

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2020, 04:40:18 PM »
Vegan alternatives are digested in the stomach, so they don't work.
I would either bite the bullet and use gelatin, or just do without it and make a lower ppm.

vikramaditya

« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2020, 05:05:43 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I will stick with lower 20ppm batches for now.

Offline imcool

• Participant
« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2020, 05:47:22 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I will stick with lower 20ppm batches for now.
you never replied to my question, https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=5103.0

The answer to my question is here,

https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=5112.msg42520#msg42520

Online cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #145 on: April 28, 2020, 07:07:52 PM »
This is my first question on this forum and I am newbie so pardon if my question is silly.
I wanted to do 320ppm AgNP but since I am pure vegetarian I would not be able to use Gelatin for capping. The question is that can I use Agar Agar(vegetarian gelatin substitute) instead?
Use cinnamon tincture. It resists the stomach acids reasonably well, and you can make Colloidal Silver up to 100 ppm quite easily.

FlyingDutchman

« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2020, 01:41:45 PM »
Agar-agar will not work, but Orange pectin is a strong vegan capping agent. The only drawback is the bitter taste.

Offline SaltyCornflakes

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2020, 02:26:15 PM »
Good call FlyingDutchman, I had no idea that pectin may work. Will order that next.

Offline cosanostra

• Participant
« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2020, 02:56:04 PM »
Agar-agar will not work, but Orange pectin is a strong vegan capping agent. The only drawback is the bitter taste.
I'm using apple pectin and it's good enough
β€œIt is my view that the vegetarian manner of living, by its purely physical effect on the human temperament, would most beneficially influence the lot of mankind.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Patnuck

• Participant
« Reply #149 on: July 18, 2020, 01:00:51 AM »
When trying to dilute 40 ppm colloidal silver using tap water 50/50 the resulting solution turned pinkish purple colour, tried again with filtered water from the fridge with same result. Finally diluted with steam distilled water with good results. Can someone please explain what could be the problem with the tap water. Thanks