Author Topic: First time making Colloidal Gold and something went wrong. Help!  (Read 7813 times)

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: First time making Colloidal Gold and something went wrong. Help!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 08:04:51 PM »
Distilled water only my friend.  Follow the formula exactly as written and use DW and get back to us how you make out.

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 08:07:19 PM »
What Gene said is completely right ... who knows what could be in rain water or snow.  I even go as far as to test my DW now and again to make sure it really doesn't have other particulates in it. 

Offline mraluma415

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 08:38:40 PM »
Distilled water from the grocery store is not pure, it is close, but still has compounds
"The art of healing comes from nature, not from the physician. Therefore the physician must start from nature, with an open mind." - Paracelsus

kvark1

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2014, 02:22:11 AM »
Snow we completely pure. I live in the mountains of Altai. There are no production facilities in General. Then I drink this water with gold foil for a month already. There are no side bad effects. And the water turns red faster.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2014, 02:24:56 AM »
There is no pure snow anywhere because the air travels the globe.  It might not be harmful, but its not pure.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

kvark1

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2014, 02:59:35 AM »
And this is right. Therefore, it does film gold. And in DW her no!!!. Well, just be interesting to кучный approach to this. If there's something to be added, and after that there is a film of gold, then DW water which is used for 111, too, sometimes something is so and film?
By the way what is happening with the weather?

macanudo21

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 06:52:34 PM »
Finally! ;D ;D ;D
    I finally achieved! Use the formula 1-1-1 with the following amounts:
1.20 lt water
0.55 gr Salt
1.79 gr Cinnamon
4 ml Cinnamon

I put the water temperature almost to a boil and mixer at low speed.
I leave the photos to see that you think of  the final product.
Thank you very much to all those who write on the blog, because without your  experience ignorant like me  never would learn.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2014, 08:55:54 PM »
I'll drink to that :)  Looks great!
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline mraluma415

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2014, 11:31:23 PM »
Nice work!
"The art of healing comes from nature, not from the physician. Therefore the physician must start from nature, with an open mind." - Paracelsus

svarbanu

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2014, 11:53:20 AM »
Finally! ;D ;D ;D
 I finally achieved! Use the formula 1-1-1 with the following amounts:
1.20 lt water
0.55 gr Salt
1.79 gr Cinnamon
4 ml Cinnamon

Is it 1.79 gm of maltodextrin?

Kephra
http://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=757.0

The receipe for Electrolysis III says large cathode and small anode. Should it be large anode and small cathode?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2014, 01:24:17 PM »
Is it 1.79 gm of maltodextrin?
Yes, I think thats what he meant.

Should it be large anode and small cathode?
No, it is correct as written.  It is the opposite of making colloidal silver because:
A)  Gold chloride is very soluble
B) It takes 3 electrons (Cl- ions) to free 1 gold ion, so we want maximum current density on anode.

JaWa

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2014, 01:20:48 AM »
In my set-up, I am using a small 1gold bar attached to the side of my beaker during electrolysis (I find this much less expensive to use than purchasing wire). I typically produce about 6 quarts of 50ppm colloidal gold in each batch. I find that a small amount of gold atoms plates onto the side of the beaker in the area immediately around the anode. I never see gold visible anywhere else, except that I occasionally see a small number of very small gold flakes on the fluid surface after electrolysis.

- When I increased the amount of Maltodextrin I used, the plating diminished significantly.
- I suspected that more agitation would help (even though I am using a magnetic stirrer and keep the solution boiling the whole time), so I arranged my cathode so that most of it is located below the anode, along the beaker wall. The bubbles from the cathode float up around the anode, generating quite a bit more more stirring, and I have dramatically less gold plating as a result.

On an unrelated note, and for those interested in taking-up electrolysis (but who don't want to pay for an expensive power supply), I have been using a DC-DC Boost Converter as my power supply. It is voltage adjustable, and will put out between 12 and 80V. These are easily found on eBay. Search for something like 'dc boost 600w power supply'. These guys will safely output up to 10 amps (depending on your input/output voltage ratio and output current). I normally electrolyze at around 550mA (and roughly 45-50V). For the longest time the price was around $20, including shipping, but I've noticed that the price is sometimes lower than $15 lately.  I use an inexpensive 12V computer power supply to power the DC-DC Converter. This arrangement works well for me and has proved very reliable.

Offline mraluma415

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2014, 08:48:21 PM »
Dont worry about the gold plating on the glass. I read in a great colloidal chemistry book that the gold "atoms" that become lodged into the boro-silicates crevices act as gold "nuclei", assisting in the formation of the desired nanoclusters of gold particles. They did experiments where they had clean beakers and gold infused beakers. The gold beakers had much greater results than the freshly cleaned ones.

JaWa

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2014, 01:31:15 AM »
Fascinating -- Thank you!