Author Topic: Acid Tests by RickinWI for Colloidal Silver  (Read 10160 times)

Offline RickinWI

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: Acid Tests by RickinWI
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2015, 04:53:32 AM »
 I tried a few different concentrations of the acid & I always added salt. I tried the 1/10 Molar (which is supposedly pH 1.0) at 9:1 (shooting for pH 2.0) ; 3:1 (shooting for pH 1.4) and eventually when those did well I also tried the straight 1/10 Molar not diluted at all. I wasn't very scientific about the amount of salt I added.  A hefty pinch in 30 ml colloidal silver + 10 ml Acid. I probably had more salt than the formula you found called for. I don't have a reliable way to measure pH down that low.

The most severe test I did was the straight 1/10 Molar acid with plenty of salt. The Gel-Cap colloidal silver lasted at least overnight. All these tests were done at room temp of about 68*F (20*C) so really should be re-done at 100*F and with the addition of Pepsin.

Now just need to find some Pepsin & my "round tuit".
So many VARIABLES & so little TIME.

Offline PeterXXL

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2015, 09:37:10 PM »
I prepared a 100 ml solution of HCl and NaCl according to the instructions I've referred to in an earlier post in this thread, and according to the instructions by Kephra for calculating the correct amount of HCl to get a pH of 1. The pH was then tested with pH-paper to confirm that it was 1. I used a HCl with a 30% concentration.

The 100 ml solution was heated to 37 degree Celsius then divided in two x 50 ml for two tests.

In the first test I added 1 ml of a previously made batch of 250 ml of 500 ppm (125 mg) colloidal silver that where the reduction was made with 1 ml Cinnamon extract and capped with 200 mg Gelatin.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/10ge2rs.jpg

The second test is similar, but it was a batch of 250 ml of 400 ppm (100 mg) colloidal silver that was reduced with 160 mg Maltose and capped with 200 mg Gelatin.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/35lhys8.jpg

As can be seen, both tests was clear, and they are both still clear now after ~30 minutes, which should confirm that the gelatin protects the nanoparticles.

I have ordered Pepsin, so that I should be able to prepare better test solutions, as Pepsin degrades proteins (which is one component in Gelatin). And I will make more tests then to confirm whether the's enough of Gelatin to withstand the Pepsin.

But this should at least confirm that Gelatin is a good capping agent for withstanding the gastric acid and salt down to a pH-level of 1.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 09:52:30 PM by PeterXXL »

Offline RickinWI

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2015, 10:02:49 PM »
Great work. If you have any uncapped Dextrose or Maltose Reduced colloidal silver around put some acid in there to confirm my original testing.
Thanks.

BTW: when the acid destroys my colloidal silver it does not stay yellow & get cloudy. Rather it either turns clear (no more yellow) or with some things I added it changed to different colors.
So many VARIABLES & so little TIME.

SanchoPanza

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2015, 04:15:46 PM »
Rick, Looks like Peter beat you to the Pepsin.   :(
Let us know how it goes Peter!

-Sancho