Author Topic: best capping agent! Gelatin Help  (Read 2562 times)

SilverDog

best capping agent! Gelatin Help
« on: July 28, 2018, 12:40:42 AM »
Hello
It been about 2 years since I make colloidal silver and I used to cap with cinnamon but I'm trying to refresh on how to make everything and I see now your using Gelatin for capping is that better then cinnamon? also how do you use Gelatin? I have the Gen 1 SilverTron and I will be making 30ppm and 320ppm and maybe 20ppm to drank, and help would be great. Thanks, Jeff.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
Re: best capping agent! Gelatin Help
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 10:35:01 AM »
Try this link:-

https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=2709.msg22525;topicseen#msg22525

It is from the upper part of this part of the forum.

Gelatin is a stronger (thicker layer?) of capping, and has been tested by forum members to be more resistant to stomach acid. Cinnamon-capped Colloidal Silver will also work well, but there will be more efficient use and less waste of the silver nanoparticles if gelatin is used to cap them.

SilverDog

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 02:16:29 AM »
Thanks for the replay

Could someone help me with my account, every time I click on a link like the one in your replay I get an error saying (The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.)
and I'm logged in, cant figure out what going on.
Thanks

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 02:40:30 AM »
There are portions of the forum which require a higher level of membership to see, based on number of posts or invitation.

BUT, here is what is in the post:

Here are some guidelines for using gelatin to make/cap silver nanoparticles:

An electronic scale, a heated stir plate, and chemical thermometer are recommended.

How much to use:  (based on results with 320 ppm silver batches using Knox brand unflavored gelatin):
Calculate minimum mg of gelatin =   ppm X ml /160
Calculate maximum mg of gelatin = ppm X ml /80

This amount will give good results.  Other members report success with less.  The amount is for Knox brand unflavored gelatin.  Other brands may require a different amount.

For 20 to 40 ppm, add the gelatin after the electrolysis.  For ppm > 40, add the gelatin at the start.
Add the gelatin to the water when cold and let it sit (bloom) for several minutes, then heat it to 60C until the gelatin dissolves, then start the electrolysis for ppm > 40, or just allow to cool if the electrolysis is finished.

For making high ppm (greater than 40 ppm)  the gelatin should be in the water during the electrolysis.

•   Always add the gelatin to cold distilled water by sprinkling the powder on top so that there are no clumps.
  •   Let the gelatin soak for 5 minutes or longer to absorb water before applying heat.
  •   Apply stirring if you have a stirring device. 
  •   Apply heat so the mixture warms up slowly, allowing all the gelatin to dissolve.  60C (140F) is sufficient.
  •   Keep the temperature of the solution above 140F/60C minimum to 190F/88C.  Avoid boiling to prevent excess evaporation.
  •   Use the appropriate amount of reducing agent (based on water volume and ppm) IE: 4 to 5 drops diluted corn syrup for 1 cup of 320 ppm colloidal silver (ppm*milliliters/16000).
  •   Use the appropriate amount of electrolyte (based only on water volume at 20 drops 1M sodium carbonate per liter)  IE: 4 to 5 drops for 1 cup of 320 ppm colloidal silver
  •   Reduction is much slower with gelatin in the water, so the solution must be kept warm for some time after the electrolysis is complete for the color change to occur indicating full reduction.
  •   Gelatin capped colloidal silver will be darker in color due to the weight of the gelatin dragging on the surface electrons of the particles.

Alternate Method for 20 and 40 ppm colloidal silver:

Make gelatin solution by dissolving 1 gram of gelatin in 250ml of water or 20 ppm colloidal silver, and heat until dissolved.
Add an appropriate amount of this solution (try 1 teaspoon for each 250ml/cup of warm (140F) colloidal silver and allow to stand and cool for at least an hour.

These guides are based on experiments by Kephra and RickinWI and are suggested as a starting point, and may not be optimum.  However following these guides will result in quality colloidal silver nanoparticles.
Store unused gelatin in the refrigerator, and replace frequently to avoid spoilage.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

SilverDog

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 03:08:26 AM »
Thanks Kephra

I used to have quite a few post but I kinda left the colloidal silver for a while and when I came back to the board a little while ago I had to make a new account I guess for inactivity.
also I see your SilverTron is up to version 4 I have the first version you made, some of the very first I remember us talking about what you could find more LCD boards to make them, anyway would upgrading to the version 4 give me any benefits? 

Thanks Very Much, Jeff

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 11:25:22 AM »
I have version 4?  No, current version is 3, and yours still uses the same methods.  No need to upgrade unless you want to.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

SilverDog

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 08:03:29 PM »
Sorry I don't know why I Sid Gen 4 but glad to see the first gen is still up there the newer model, Thinking about getting another just for a backup, if my crypto hits I'll get a couple ;D are any of you into crypto? just wondering.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 09:28:22 PM »
are any of you into crypto?
I quit trading bitcoins when I had 106 stolen from me when MtGox went under.

SilverDog

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2018, 09:47:53 PM »
WoW 106 BTC, yea a lot of people were ripped of my MtGox sorry to hear that, I do thing thy are ready to go up in price I have several positions in crypto, I really like LTC, Veri, PPT, PLR, DGB. I mine also.

Could you please take a look at this and see if I have this right!!!

I’m going to make 500ml of 320 ppm Colloidal Silver

1 - I add the Knox in cold water using this formula, gelatin =   320ppm X 500ml /160 = 1000mg of Knox Gelatin (let it soak for 5min or more to bloom) then start warming water up slowly to 140F till dissolved.

2 - Then start stirring and raise the temperature to 190F Avoid boiling.

3 - Start the SilverTron.

4 - Add 10 Drops of electrolyte 1M Arm & Hammer Baking Soda (1M electrolyte solution = 12.4 Grams of Arm & Hammer in 3.5oz or 100ml of Water)

5 - Add the 10 drop of diluted corn syrup (20 ml distilled water to 30 ml Karo corn syrup)

6 - Wait till the SilverTron is done then reduce heat to 140F and continue to heat and stir for several minutes till the water start’s to darken, then you’re done!

Thanks for all the help, Jeff.

SilverDog

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 04:23:46 PM »
Hello
Could someone look at this and tell me if everything looks good, if I'm doing this right?

1 - I add the Knox in cold water using this formula, gelatin =   320ppm X 500ml /160 = 1000mg of Knox Gelatin (let it soak for 5min or more to bloom) then start warming water up slowly to 140F till dissolved.
2 - Then start stirring and raise the temperature to 190F Avoid boiling.
3 - Start the SilverTron.
4 - Add 10 Drops of electrolyte 1M Arm & Hammer Baking Soda (1M electrolyte solution = 12.4 Grams of Arm & Hammer in 3.5oz or 100ml of Water)
5 - Add the 10 drop of diluted corn syrup (20 ml distilled water to 30 ml Karo corn syrup)
6 - Wait till the SilverTron is done then reduce heat to 140F and continue to heat and stir for several minutes till the water start’s to darken, then you’re done!

Thanks for all the help, Jeff.

Offline Josie29

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2018, 06:44:28 PM »
Silverdog:

From my notes .... for 500 mL of Colloidal Silver you can use a minimum of 0.6 grams of Knox gelatin and still have success. But one gram is still ok!

Getting picayune here ... no need to raise temp to 190; definitely avoid boiling.

The electrolyte is made by putting the 12.4 grams washing soda (not baking soda) into a measuring container and adding enough distilled water (DW) to make 100 mL.

The reducing agent of Karo corn syrup is made with water added .... 1  to  1 .... i.e. 1 Tbsp Karo with 1 Tbsp water. (I use DW also)

The Colloidal Silver at 320 ppm should be considerably dark well before the "cooking" is done.

Hope this helps!

SilverDog

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2018, 04:53:37 PM »
I do appreciate the info, I will be making some this weekend and I will post some pictures of it.

Thanks, Jeff.

SilverDog

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2018, 08:14:50 PM »
I tried to post some pictures of the process but for some reason thy wont post, my text posted fine but not my pictures did not can somebody help thanks

FlyingDutchman

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2018, 06:22:21 PM »
I have experimented with gelatin with mixed success. A combination that works well for me is soluble starch (lab grade) and trisodium citrate. It has been reported that citrate capped nano silver is more likely to reach the intestinal tract. I have posted a video of the followed procedure here: https://youtu.be/gtamSlLGPuI