Author Topic: My Review of Silver Tron  (Read 7764 times)

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
My Review of Silver Tron
« on: August 28, 2012, 08:20:51 PM »
I just received my Silver Tron just about a week ago and was so excited to to try it out.  I have made now a couple gallons of colloidal silver with this unit and boy it does not disappoint.  There was no need for instructions this is as straight forward as it gets.  The unit performs flawlessly!  The auto shut down when the cycle is complete is so nice for making colloidal silver for friends and getting stuff done around the house, knowing that the unit is just going to cycle off allows you to putter doing chores without having to hover over your batch.  Really a unique generator ... I did alot of looking before I found the forum and had purchased a Silver Lungs unit for $500 and that is so limited compared to Silver Tron.  I think Kephra has a hit on his hands if he decides to produce these for ppl.  My wife is intimidated by setting up the current limiting diodes and adding the meter in the line but with Silver Tron she made her first batch of Colloidal Silver!   

There are only a couple minor things I can even think of and they are minor. 

1. Software end of things it would be nice if the unit kept the last value it was set on for each run.  I am not sure what would be the norm here on the forum but I find that I primarily make the same stuff the majority of the time.  I make some ionic silver here and there but for the most part usually always make 20 ppm metallic silver. 

2.  Ability to increase volume maybe up to 4000 ml in case someone wanted to make a bigger batch for livestock application ect.  However you can just make a higher ppm so again not really important.

3. Throw on some rubber feet. (first thing I did with mine.. don't want my baby sliding off the counter and meeting an early demise) 

That is all I can even really think of Kephra... really a super job first try. A+++++

Thanks so much for this!

LK

kscmac

Re: My Review of Silver Tron
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 08:55:01 PM »
Sounds like the Silver Tron is a super success! Can't wait till I have one. Its will be nice to teach the wife how to make colloidal silver in case I am not around. Kephra you have a hit!

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 08:58:53 PM »
Looks fantastic. Truly state-of-the-art.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 10:01:02 PM »
There are only a couple minor things I can even think of and they are minor.

1. Software end of things it would be nice if the unit kept the last value it was set on for each run.  I am not sure what would be the norm here on the forum but I find that I primarily make the same stuff the majority of the time.  I make some ionic silver here and there but for the most part usually always make 20 ppm metallic silver.
Thats a reasonable idea.  As is, the DONE button causes a reboot of the computer, but it wouldn't have to.  So remembering the settings to make an identical batch would be a time saver and simplifier.  I could also change the defaults.

2.  Ability to increase volume maybe up to 4000 ml in case someone wanted to make a bigger batch for livestock application ect.  However you can just make a higher ppm so again not really important.
Yes, telling it to make a 1 liter 80 ppm batch will yield a 4 liter 20ppm batch.
3. Throw on some rubber feet. (first thing I did with mine.. don't want my baby sliding off the counter and meeting an early demise)
Darn, why didn't I think of that!  A word of caution too, its not waterproof.  Since its powered by a touch screen, I had to be careful that nothing actually touched the screen except what was supposed to.

That is all I can even really think of Kephra... really a super job first try. A+++++

Thanks so much for this!
I am glad you like it.   If others want one, I will make more on special order at first.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 12:16:55 PM »
Just to remind you that I am happy to stand in line for mine.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 12:25:26 PM »
I can arrange that :)
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 05:46:22 PM »
I just made a couple more gallons of colloidal silver using Silver Tron and thought of an additional feature that might be nice to be added onto the unit.  I would suggest either a LED light that comes on when the process is (nice calm blue) complete or a small buzzer that tones, so when you are in the other room surfing CGCSFORUM.COM you can have a heads up its done or watching tv you can glance over and see the LED completion light is on.  It's a lazy mans request but something I would find handy.  The unit is amazing and I just added my Silver Tron stickers to the unit giving it a little more pop for style points.   8)

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 06:11:08 PM »
I actually left pins on the circuit board for a piezoelectric beeper, but haven't been able to find one inexpensive enough and 5 volt to use.  I could put in an LED, but its just as well to turn the box on its side so you can see the screen from the other room.  The DONE screen is quite obvious I think.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 06:38:59 PM »
It might, but it would depend on how big it is and how loud.  Its rated at 12V, and I have 5, so probably not loud enough for inside the enclosure.

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 06:47:13 PM »
All Dressed up.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 06:58:53 PM »
Cool!

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
What's inside the SilverTron
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 08:31:39 PM »
There are 3 circuit board stacked on top of each other and communicating through a bus.

The leftmost is the modified Arduino Unio processor board.
The center is my custom designed electrolysis controller/current regulator/milliammeter/voltage multiplier
The rightmost is the touchscreen with its associated electronics on the underside.
Each board plugs into the next one, and there are no external wires between the boards.

Here is how they stack together:

The connector at the far right of the picture is the programming jack.

kscmac

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 08:53:31 PM »
Looks good! No wires to tangle

logcastle

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2012, 04:16:27 PM »
Where did you get your beaker lid?