Author Topic: Colloidal Silver and Pseudomonas aeruginosa  (Read 1438 times)

tony14

Colloidal Silver and Pseudomonas aeruginosa
« on: February 10, 2019, 03:32:41 AM »
CINNAMON:
Have a 50ml-vodka-cassia mix brewing and going to try cinnamon. (Gave up booze 18 months ago when got metal hip. Booze made me test gravity, so mustn't do that now!)

My reason for researching Colloidal Silver is our GSD ear Psuedo-Aeru. So far her water bowl always-filled 20ppm and twice/day ears washed with 20ppm for past 3 days. Initially exudate was lots of PA biofilm now just 'dried' black deposits but her ears now sensitive so wonder if the water content is doing something bad. (My vet shrugs when biofilms are mentioned?) She's hard to medicate. The range of antibiotics used so far gives relief for a time, probably knocks off most of the PA down to a small colony that replenishes when immunity achieved?

Research into essential oils showed cassia and Peru balsam was more effective than antibiotics (see image) although done in petri dish. So I thought what if Colloidal Silver capped with it? A few questions for advice, if known.
So, not sure how the 50ml of alcohol breaks down, what concentration is in 1L?
What does alcohol do to ear cartilage?
Capping aggregates Colloidal Silver particles (?) so the capping of cinnamon could attack the biofilm of PA letting the Colloidal Silver 'in?' As there is nothing to digest the capped Colloidal Silver it should work?
I have some Peru Balsam (a diuretic and somewhat allergenic?) so cinnamon seems worth a try but I have used cassia in the alcohol.

Thanks.

tony

Bibliography:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3346404/
https://ojs.ptbioch.edu.pl/index.php/abp/article/view/2013/646
https://ojs.ptbioch.edu.pl/index.php/abp/article/view/2016/649

tony14

Re: colloidal silver and Pseudomonas aeruginosa
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 02:07:24 AM »
Thanks, WG. Cassia contains coumarin that seems to be important in the process.

O/T: I put some 20ppm uncapped Colloidal Silver in a stainless steel dog bowl outside last night for the dogs, golden yellow. This morning after after a few hours in reflected morning sun it turned red.
The water was tap-water - chlorine+fluoride+?, and there were other contaminants accumulated because I never cleaned the bowl.
A bit hard to know, but what would make it turn red? It's very clear, not cloudy.

tony

Offline Art

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 07:54:42 PM »
Have you considered using 320 ppm Colloidal Silver with borax in it as an ear spray?

Art

tony14

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 11:56:03 PM »
Have you considered using 320 ppm colloidal silver with borax in it as an ear spray?

Thanks, Art. Just came across borax and it seems good against PA.
Although I have an otoscope bitch needs sedating to use it, so vet needed to ensure no sensitive damage, so far none.
Tried white vinegar in an ear-drop liquid 10:80 and she complains but it 'could' just be her 'woos-iness?'
Need to sort things out re Tyndall before I go further. Will be posting problem on Silver area.

tony

Offline Art

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 03:30:47 AM »
On the chance that natural ear wax is preventing the colloidal silver from doing its thing, the emulsifying activity of borax may help in that respect and together they should be a PA and biofilm destroyer and the borax is a potent parasite killer!

Art

tony14

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 07:52:35 AM »
On the chance that natural ear wax is preventing the colloidal silver from doing its thing, the emulsifying activity of borax may help in that respect and together they should be a PA and biofilm destroyer and the borax is a potent parasite killer! Art
Thanks Art, at present I'm unsure what Colloidal Silver I'm making since laser arrived. Seem to be getting large nano according to Tyndall and my understanding. I'm posting on the Silver Forum hoping to make me go "Duh!" I have a paper on borax unread as yet.

tony