Author Topic: A beginner needs help  (Read 4915 times)

peterpan

A beginner needs help
« on: June 12, 2012, 07:09:05 PM »
Hello as I am a beginner in this could someone kindly tell me the difference between Gold Chloride and colloidal gold. Can they both be ingested and is one safer than the other? And which method produces the optimal colloidal gold cold pressed or electrolysis. Apologies if this is the wrong topic thread for this post.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: A beginner needs help
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 07:29:01 PM »
Gold chloride is very toxic and should never be ingested.  It causes nerve damage.  Colloidal gold is nano sized particles of gold metal suspended in solution.  Colloid gold is not toxic.  Colloidal gold can be made from gold chloride by the chemical reduction of the gold which frees the chlorine and leaves only pure gold particles.

Colloidal gold can also be created by electrolysis.  The process first makes gold chloride, and again through chemical reduction the end result is gold nanoparticles.

Gold chloride is usually produced in the laboratory by dissolving gold in Aqua Regia acid which is a mixture of hydrochloric and nitric acids.  This process is hazardous if you don't have the right equipment, and not recommended for the inexperienced.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

peterpan

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 07:40:37 PM »
Starting to fall into place thank you. And so presumably it would be cheaper to use the reduction method for producing colloidal gold? Or gram for gram is Gold Chloride more expensive than 24k gold?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 08:11:00 PM »
Gold chloride is more expensive because you are paying someone else to do it.  Its about twice as expensive here in the US, moreso in Europe where its harder to get gold chloride.  However, starting with gold chloride requires very little equipment, no power supplies.  It doesn't even require a hotplate or magnetic stirrer, and its very fast. 
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

peterpan

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 09:03:34 PM »
I heard back from Utopia gold and this was their reply: "We use an electrical process with 24 Karat gold, rather than a chemical one and produce at about 13 PPM with a mean average particle size of 10 nm or below.  Here is The First Time Customer link, http://utopiasilver.com/new-customers/"  It is $20 for an 8oz glass bottle cheaper if in plastic. And the new customer link above gets you one free bottle on your first order.

peterpan

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 12:11:21 AM »
Anyone know of a good source of colloidal gold in liquid form in the US I have a friend in LA who is bipolar and wants to try it but I don't know what to recommend.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 12:21:35 AM »
No, suggest the Optimox colloidal gold tablets (Aurosol).  That is the product the research was done with.

peterpan

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 12:23:28 AM »
Thank you will do

milad

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 04:13:44 PM »
how can i make sure that there is no gold chloride left in my solution?

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2015, 07:38:18 PM »
Using the US obtainable Gold Chloride 1% solution (saltlakemetals.com), you can make a liter of 40PPM for about $4 excluding the cost of the distilled water which should cost you about $0.25 so less than $5 per liter of 40PPM.  About 1/4 liter (8oz) of 13PPM pales by comparison and is VERY expensive for what they want.  For that $20 you could make yourself a gallon of 40PPM.  Or lets say it another way.  1 liter of 40PPM is about 3 liters of 13PPM which you can still make for less than $5 so you can make about 8oz of 13PPM for about $0.42 cents and they're charging $20 for it.  Make it yourself.

One thing about colloidal gold though.  Don't long-term store it.  It doesn't go bad but it can have stuff start to grow in it because there's nothing in there to prevent it. And you should refrigerate it once you open the jar and endeavor to use it up as quickly as you can.  Figure 1-3 months tops shelf life so its more a point of use, make it when you need it kind of thing.  But with the gold chloride solution you can make yourself 8oz of 40PPM in a couple minutes with nearly no work (a liter or quart too - just takes longer to heat the water) so using a "just in time" as its called, methodology - make what you need for maybe a week and use it up and then make more so you're always ingesting fresh.

milad

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 11:37:52 AM »
I made my first batch of colloidal gold using Electrolysis II method, and it really looks great, but some dust-like particles floating on the surface of the solution (not inside), what are those things?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2015, 11:50:33 AM »
Gold flakes most likely.  Because of the surface tension, the gold tends to agglomerate on the surface into big enough particles to be seen.  You can filter it out.