Author Topic: first attempt - i made colloidal gold but its too dark ( photos)  (Read 1417 times)

Offline imcool

• Participant
hello,
i used keprah method - Colloidal gold by electrolysis

https://wgpeters.wordpress.com/how-to-make-colloidal-gold-and-silver/colloidal-gold/

now, my solution became too concentrated. Please how to dilute it?  can i add distill water to it and dilute it?

My process ran at 180mA all the time at 32V DC from bench power supply.
I made two mistakes:
1. I kept water boiling all the time around 200C.
2. I ran it too long like for 1 hour.

i did not use any reducing agent afterwards, I did not use any cinnamon extract.

Please help me,I do not want to throw this colloidal gold i made.

Thank you for reading.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
Re: first attempt - i made colloidal gold but its too dark ( photos)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 02:11:06 PM »
No, this looks perfect. The darker the better.

Offline imcool

• Participant
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 03:38:09 PM »

question 1 ; can you please tell me what is the responsibility of cinnamon extract in process of making colloidal gold, is it reducing agent?
I did not use any cinnamon extract at all because I dont have it, can you tell me what did i miss by not using cinnamon extract?

question 2; if i add distilled water in it to increase quantity of colloidal water, will it become less PPM as compare to what it is right now?
thank you.

Offline imcool

• Participant
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 04:00:38 PM »

question 1 ; can you please tell me what is the responsibility of cinnamon extract in process of making colloidal gold, is it reducing agent?
I did not use any cinnamon extract at all because I dont have it, can you tell me what did i miss by not using cinnamon extract?
Stability.

thanks liam for replying, if i may ask, with my limited knowledge of chemistry, please excuse my silly questions. I do not understand what you mean by "stability", can you please tell me what will happen to solution with an example, for instance - will it not last longer? will it become bad? , something like that can you please tell me.
Regards

Offline imcool

• Participant
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 06:17:05 PM »

By stability I mean that the particles will not combine and grow making them useless.  Stability increases the storage time.

thanks so much

Offline imcool

• Participant
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 04:58:56 PM »
By stability I mean that the particles will not combine and grow making them useless.  Stability increases the storage time.

hi Liam, can you please have a look, in my second batch where  I used cinnamon extract, something developed, how to avoid it, should I add more cinnamon extract to it?

https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=5108.0

Thanks so much for your help