Author Topic: Colloidal copper really toxic?  (Read 1866 times)

apyr

Colloidal copper really toxic?
« on: June 13, 2020, 04:46:59 AM »
First time I ever heard of this was on this forum which I'm coming to like quite a bit.
I know Meso is a pretty culty website and they claim ionic copper and zinc aren't toxic, nor are the colloidal forms and you guys clearly differ in opinion.
Maybe I was misled into thinking it was fine, but I was taking a good amount of it and spraying it on my face and hair and I don't think I've gotten sick from it and my hair is extremely healthy and quit shedding entirely, but it might also line up with the time of changing my diet. It certainly hasn't hurt me though and I noticed some skin improvements and the timing of my hair getting healthier seemed to line up. Since seeing your alls opinions I've put it up though but I find it interesting because I imagine I'd have gone far over the limit where I would've gotten toxicity..

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
Re: Colloidal copper really toxic?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 09:26:01 AM »
Well, if you think it works for you...

You don't necessarily know what's in it, or how it was made. Small amounts of copper are an essential trace element. We don't give any instructions for making it on this website, nor do we advise its' use, but it's still a (relatively) free country.

Let us know how you get on, we might learn something. I can only say that I got very sick from drinking water which was highly acidic and had been running through copper pipes. YMMV.

apyr

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 10:19:08 AM »
Yeah, not asking for instructions on how to make it.
Just interested that, while maybe I was misled by the very culty website Meso/purest colloids seems to be, I've probably consumed at least a teaspoon daily + spraying it on my face for a little over a month and have not felt any ill effects and although I can't prove it I noticed a significant reduction in hair shedding since adding it.
But perhaps that was due to the gold? I'm not sure honestly, but I haven't experienced any toxicity at all certainly and I thought I would share that since it goes contrary to what posters here have claimed and I consider you all to be knowledgable. More than me at least.

Purestcolloids has.... like I said, pretty culty claims, but they do say it's non toxic/no reports of harm from their products and I've been using their colloidal copper internally and externally to no harm to me at the least. I think I would know if I had copper toxicity and I've been consuming it at much higher rates than is claimed can cause illness, so maybe I'm just a freak?

apyr

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 04:49:31 PM »
Fair enough, that changes my mind. Thank you. Does that apply to applying it topically too? I've seen conflicting information on ionic copper, and claims that it's safe/necessary in ionic form to be useful to the body and the conversion in the body from colloidal form to ionic was necessary and safe.

Hopefully uh I haven't hurt myself! Lol
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 05:01:03 PM by apyr »

Offline Magician_88

• Participant
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 05:00:04 AM »
I just began using the Colloidal Copper (Sovereign Copper) as a face mist. I didn't realize that it was a thing but I bought it. They say it is safe to use because its 10ppm. I did light research and found that copper was claimed to have been used for skin and hair for centuries ago and I assumed it was a thing. Its very interesting that this forum points to the possible toxicity. the stomach acid makes sense but does the toxicity apply to absorption via skin? Same with Silver and Gold. 
“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2022, 02:53:46 PM »
I just began using the Colloidal Copper (Sovereign Copper) as a face mist. I didn't realize that it was a thing but I bought it. They say it is safe to use because its 10ppm.
The average adult needs about 1 mg of copper per day.  Lets assume that you spray your face with 15ml of 10ppm copper each day, and that it is 100% absorbed through your skin (which its most likely not absorbed to that extent).  Then the maximum amount of copper absorbed would be 0.15 mg, which is far less than the daily requirement.  Based on that, I seriously doubt that it will poison you.   But don't drink it because it then becomes copper chloride.   See: https://nj.gov/health/eoh/rtkweb/documents/fs/0532.pdf

I did light research and found that copper was claimed to have been used for skin and hair for centuries ago
Perhaps it was, but then mercury was used to treat the common cold, and syphilis.   We got over it.  Also, arsenic and strychnine were used a medicines for centuries.  So just because something was used and even praised for long periods of time does not mean it was beneficial or safe.

If you want to kill the algae in your pond, dump some copper sulfate in it.
If you want to kill a tree, drive a copper nail into it.
Too much copper is good at killing things.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2022, 05:05:45 PM »
Copper is in trace amounts in molasses. I stopped putting sugar in my coffee and put in a spoon of molasses instead. Result? My hair grows twice as fast (at least) and twice as long (arms, legs, chest). My brother has been doing it for years. He puts molasses in a lot of things when cooking. Result? All the grey hair he used to have on his head is now normal color. He still has a bit of grey in his beard though.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline Magician_88

• Participant
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2022, 03:58:05 AM »
I assume it's toxic in all forms. Malachite is a byproduct of copper (green color change) and that mineral is deadly.  10ppm to the face and hair when I can. Thanks Kephra!
“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell