Author Topic: The Silver Bar  (Read 3489 times)

sbmoore

The Silver Bar
« on: March 04, 2017, 05:38:11 PM »
OK, I'm reading everything I can on your site...and although I've been making Colloidal Silver for years, I am liking what I read about this SilverTron Elite Colloidal Silver Generator.  Question.  I already have 4 silver bars to use and 4 silver 6 inch wires .  HOW does this generator measure the amount of silver that leaves the bars or wires?  Will the bars/wires I have be able to be used?  The method I currently use produces a lot of waste of the bars/wires and I like what I am reading.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: The Silver Bar
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 05:58:27 PM »
The SilverTron Elite measures the silver from the anode (bar or wire) by counting the number of electrons that pass through the cell.  One electron liberates one atom of silver, so this is very accurate.

If you have silver wire and bars, of course you can use them.  I would hope that your bars have pure silver lead wires attached so that you do not get any other metal in the solution.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 07:18:21 PM »
Just to reiterate what Kephra said, while its acceptable practice to use a copper or stainless steel wire for the cathode (negative cell terminal) because no metal is removed from it during operation, it is 100% BAD/dangerous to have ANY metal other than pure silver near the anode (silver bar or wire) because inevitably, you will have some of that metal pulled into solution also and most other metals are rather TOXIC in the body even in low concentrations (especially copper).

Also, ONLY 99.9% or more pure silver (.999 or .9999 is silver bullion) should be used for the anode. Less pure has other metals/contaminants in it which could be toxic in solution and for sure they will get pulled into the water as well during cell operation.  Coin silver is 90% silver and 10% copper  (silver bullion is too soft a metal by itself for coin usage) and that would make toxic soup.

If you're using a silver bullion bar, the only correct wire to use to suspend it is pure silver wire but also endeavor to keep the top of the bar and the silver wire out of the water because it will thin much more quickly in the cell for having silver pulled off it also.  (side note here: IF the silver bar falls off the wire for it getting too thin while its in the cell, it almost always will hit the bottom of the glass container and break it, making a helluva mess) Once that wire is outside the cell by say at least an inch, you're OK with an alligator clip or some kind of terminal strip to hold it in place where you make your electrical connection.

Clipping an alligator clip or any non-pure-silver "holder" to a silver bullion bar to hold it into the cell is just plain asking for trouble and guaranteed trouble if any of that metal ever even glances the surface of the water in the cell or moisture forms on it and then rolls back down into the cell because that will get metal ions pulled off it and into solution and you're now making TOXIC soup.  If you're using a coin, unless  .999 or .9999 is embossed directly onto that coin, do not assume its silver bullion and don't use it. All silver bullion coins and bars, as far as I know are embossed with the purity.

The silver bars sold in the silvertron store are suspended by a piece of pure silver wire and the plastic container lid puts a piece of plastic between the cell and the electrical connection side of that silver wire so there's no chance of getting any other metallic ions in solution other than the silver you want.

This is a simple issue to mitigate but before you can do that, you simply need to be made aware of the dangers to where you do the right thing.

We're here to help. The last thing we'd want is for you to harm yourself for not knowing.  Keep everything on the anode side other than pure silver out and away from the water in the cell by at least an inch and you're good.  Simple enough, right?

And as Kephra noted, just to say it again for safety's sake, make damn sure the silver bars/wire you're using are pure bullion (.999 or .9999 purity).  Nothing else is acceptable.

If you mean your method's waste is a kind of dark silvery/black powdery coating, thats silver oxide.  Its not waste.  Its simply silver oxide that has not yet left the anode and dissolved in the water - this is normal operation of a cell to produce a solution of ionic silver (dissolved silver oxide in water) where you then, once the run is complete, reduce this to colloidal form (pure nanoscopic silver particles floating in water). Search this site for an explanation of flame cleaning an anode and you'll see a simple method described that will quickly turn that back into pure silver melted back onto the bar or wire after a run.  Washing or scrubbing that off is less desirable because now you're washing real silver you could be using to make Colloidal Silver down the drain (and you paid for it also).

If you're getting stuff flaking off or clouding the cell, either your method is improper or you're using way too high a current which is creating particles that are too large to dissolve in water which can then NOT be turned into colloidal form. I wouldn't ingest that!

sbmoore

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 08:10:01 PM »
Thanx.  The bars and wires at .9999 pure silver and I only use silver wire to hold the bars so that will work. 

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 03:51:47 AM »
Where'd you manage to get 4 9's purity silver bullion bars?  I can't say I've ever seen this.  Everything commercial I've seen is 3 9's (99.9%). Silver wire, sure at .9999. I even have some.

As far as silver bullion coins go though, there is only one in the world minted in 4 9's purity.  The Canadian Maple Leaf.  All others are 3 9's purity.

Offline Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 06:01:05 AM »
Oh yes, we love our 9999 maple leaf coin. Silly that it says it's a one dollar coin on it though, considering the cost. But the same outlet where I picked some of them up also had silver bars at 9999 as well. It's a reputable place in Toronto (PMX) so I don't doubt the purity.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 05:34:54 PM »
Don't stress about the difference between 999 and 9999 fine silver. The practical difference is nil, and the difference in cost is great, unless you are using a Canadian Maple Leaf coin, which is good value.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 07:23:57 PM »
Silly that it says it's a one dollar coin on it though, considering the cost.
Being the suspicious person I am when it comes to government, I think this is in case the government bans private ownership of silver and gold, then reimbursing the owners for it at the face value (1$ for silver).
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline WayneInPHX

• Expert
  • Participant
  • Witty saying goes here... Ok--> "42"
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 05:32:25 AM »
Silly that it says it's a one dollar coin on it though, considering the cost.
Being the suspicious person I am when it comes to government, I think this is in case the government bans private ownership of silver and gold, then reimbursing the owners for it at the face value (1$ for silver).

Wouldn't put THAT one past them at ALL!
Sneaky &(^ards
Most of us don’t listen with the intent to understand.  We listen with the intent to reply.  -  From a TED Talk

"I've decided I'm not old. I'm 25 plus shipping & handling!"

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 05:47:52 AM »
  I guess that's the time to get out the torch and make a silver brick...who's to know??  Hopefully we're going to get more than a buck an ounce!  But your right it is the government we are talking about.

Bobby
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 06:22:22 AM by Bobby »
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 05:38:49 PM »
An ounce of silver has value that is represented by a steak dinner. Hundreds of years ago an ounce of silver bought an expensive steak dinner, just as it does today. Unless a steak dinner value drops to $1 I won't be giving up my Canadian Maple Leaf coin for the money.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 06:06:11 PM »
Gold is the same.  In 1920, an ounce of gold would by a really nice new mans suit, complete with hat, shirt, and tie. 25 ounces would buy a new Ford car.  Today, an ounce of gold will still buy a new mans suit, and for 25 ounces, you can buy a new car.

Most people do not know the difference between money and wealth.  Money is just an IOU  (it says so right on the bill... a note is an IOU).  Wealth is what you can buy with money, but the amount of wealth you can buy for dollars is constantly decreasing.

Its true that in China, wages (money) is much lower than in the US, but the cost of wealth is also much lower in China.

Liberals want to raise the minimum wage (increase money) purportedly to raise the standard of living for lower wage earners.  Thats a great idea except it doesn't work. 

One of the laws of economics is that the total amount of money in the system is the exact amount required to buy all of the goods and services (wealth).

Another is that the cost of goods is directly and almost completely dependant on the minimum wage.
Raw materials are free.  The cost to purchase raw materials is the labor costs of mining it, transporting it, refining it, taxes, and royalties to the mineral rights owner.

When the minimum wage is raised, everyone gets a raise no matter how high they are on the wage scale.  For example, assume the minimum wage is now $8 and its raised to $12.  The people who were making $9 get a raise too, but they are unhappy because they were making more than minimum wage, and suddenly are at minimum wage again; so they demand and get a raise to above minimum wage.  Then there is the management people who might have been making $13.  Are they going to be pissed off?  Of course, and they will also get a raise.  This goes up all the way to the CEO.

The effect is that the cost of all labor skyrockets, increasing the amount of money in the system.  Apply rule 1, and the cost of goods goes up for EVERYONE!.  The net affect is that people on minimum wage get a raise, but can buy no more wealth than before, IF they still have a job.

The only people who actually benefit are the Chinese and the government.  This moves people into higher tax brackets, and Chinese goods are even cheaper than before relatively. 

With American goods even more expensive, our trade imbalance becomes even more worse.

All of this happens because few people understand the difference between money and wealth.

Offline WayneInPHX

• Expert
  • Participant
  • Witty saying goes here... Ok--> "42"
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 06:55:45 PM »
Gold is the same.  In 1920, an ounce of gold would by a really nice new mans suit, complete with hat, shirt, and tie. 25 ounces would buy a new Ford car.  Today, an ounce of gold will still buy a new mans suit, and for 25 ounces, you can buy a new car.

All of this happens because few people understand the difference between money and wealth.

I had to explain to my financial guy that very concept.  The COST of Gold changes, its BUYING POWER remains the same.  Many people are investing in Gold to "make money".  You NEVER make money, you simple hedge against inflation.

The FUNNY part of THAT is illustrated in this little scenario:   Say I bought $1000 worth of gold 10 years ago.  Today it is worth $2000.  The question: Did I increase my wealth?  NOPE!  It now takes $2000 to have the same buying power that $1000 had 10 years ago. 

AND NOW, for the BEST PART OF ALL!!! ---->   I GET TO PAY TAXES ON THAT NON-EXISTENT $1000 GAIN!  MONEY is ETHER.  It's real "value" is what ever it is because WE BELIEVE it has value, unlike years ago when backed by Gold & Silver IN THE TREASURY, It is intrinsically WORTHLESS.
Most of us don’t listen with the intent to understand.  We listen with the intent to reply.  -  From a TED Talk

"I've decided I'm not old. I'm 25 plus shipping & handling!"