Author Topic: Silvertron - still available?  (Read 16851 times)

Offline Yoikyasi

• Participant
Re: Silvertron - still available?
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2022, 04:57:49 AM »
The silvertron uses a technique that is used in batteries (cell phones, EVs,...) called battery gauging.

It integrates current over time, the target being the milliamp-minutes (or milliamp-hours) needed.

In the case of a battery, say its a 1500mah battery, thats your target when you're charging it.  With lithium batteries, as you charge them, the closer they get to fully charged, the lower the charging current they accept (similar to what Kephra described for the silvertron).  The integration adapts and keeps a running total of the number of electrons that have passed through the cell (or into the battery if you're charging a battery) where you have a target that once you hit it, you shut the charging (or the current source for making Colloidal Silver) down.

In cell phones, EV's and other electronics with captive rechargeable batteries, the battery gauging runs both directions.  As you consume battery power the circuitry keeps track of how many electrons you sent down the drain (wink) where it subtracts what you've used from the full battery capacity. Now when you charge it, it knows exactly how many electrons you have to put back to fully charge the battery.

In the case of Colloidal Silver, your target is the milliamp-minutes that faraday's law tells you is where you need to get to for the PPM you're making in however much water.

You're not charging a battery but counting the electrons is done the exact same way.

So if this is the case do you know if anyone has simply modified a battery charging circuit to make colloidal silver?

I think I still like the idea of being controlled by software that I could possibly monitor via computer or other screen...
Come to think of it I have a oscilloscope/multimeter that logs data through USB to computer software... that alone could be plenty enough for what I want...

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2022, 06:04:19 AM »
If you have a simple current limiter and are doing it the way we do it here, all you need is that, a power supply, a multimeter and your cell/electrode setup and a clock, watch or stopwatch.

You don't need to go high tech to make Colloidal Silver.

The reason Kephra built the silvertron is that normal people who aren't "tinkerers" like most of us on the forum are, would be at odds figuring it out, building their own current limiter (as simple as the LM317 limiter is),...  They want "plug and play" but that comes at a high price.

Battery chargers aren't suitable for making Colloidal Silver because they're high current and designed for the voltage the cell or pack is at.  Battery chargers are a very different animal. I just mentioned them as the battery gauge technique came from that area.

Any time you need to monitor current out or current in with detecting an endpoint which is the total number of electrons that have flowed (milliamp-hours or in the case of a Colloidal Silver cell, milliamp-minutes) and you have a processor at your disposal and the digital controlled current limiter and an analog to digital converter you can read instantaneous current with, battery gauging can be used to great advantage.

You simply integrate current over time and when the total reaches your target, which is what Faraday's law of electrolysis tells you in milliamp-minutes, you're done.

I'm not trying to dissuade you from your quest but you do have to think about some things.

You could be making Colloidal Silver as quickly as you can get the supplies together where you've spent maybe an hour tops building a current limiter.

OR, you could spend lots of time messing with a processor board, programming, designing/building other circuitry (because for sure a Raspberry PI won't have the current sensing/limiting circuitry you need - thats custom hardware design which, if you really want something like the silvertron, you're going to want to make the current limiter setpoint processor controlled), not to mention all the time you're investing (it won't be days - it will be weeks, minimum, if not longer to the point you've gotten it built, programmed, debugged and finally working correctly).  Everything, when you start sweating the details, takes MUCH longer than your initial guess and nothing ever goes nearly as smoothly as you were thinking it would.  NEVER!

I guess it boils down to one of just wanting a neat project to do because if you think about exactly how much Colloidal Silver you're going to make/consume a year, is all the above effort worth it?

Me, if I make a couple gallons of Colloidal Silver a year its a lot.

I can easily build a silvertron rehash but that investment in time, money, materials to make a couple gallons of Colloidal Silver a year a little more easily than how I currently do it is not worth it.  As a one-up? Nope! If I were going to sell it as a product, so long as that unit commands a high enough price and the market is large enough (which I have an issue believing it is as its a very specialty device), perhaps it makes sense. But then, I have no intentions of ever going into the silvertron-esque business so for me its a waste of time.

Just to mention it to give you a heads up.  Your choice.

Offline Yoikyasi

• Participant
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2022, 10:59:40 PM »
Yeah so I've been on this forum for 2+yrs now and making 20ppm- 320ppm colloidal silver as per instructions here and very well I might add... I make 2-3 Litres a month usually and have a large community of people who source from me and it keeps growing so I want something easier to keep tabs on when making say 320ppm it sure would be helpful to not have to monitor the cathode lead as the water evaporates... sometimes I don't know how long the current hasn't been flowing when I come back to it... so I want a way to be clear and I'm pretty sure my oscilloscope multimeter running into a PC will do the trick...

So for me it's not about being able to make Colloidal Silver... I do that all the time I am just thinking about a more sophisticated setup.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 11:36:45 PM by Yoikyasi »

Offline Pemf silver

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2022, 01:32:32 AM »
I would love to learn how to build the Silvertron Mini
If a schematic was available?
Is it as complex to build as the elite model ?

Thanks Ed

Offline FromTheDen

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2023, 10:18:34 PM »
I have a Silvertron Elite v1 for sale, $290. Includes processor, AC/DC power adapter, electrode leads, silver rods, mason jar lid, instructions, & US shipping. Payment by Paypal or Zelle. PM me if interested. Apologies if I'm slow responding--notifications from the forum don't get to me for some reason.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2023, 01:21:12 PM »
Anyone responding to the posting ref a Silvertron being available should make a post on this thread if they make an offer and it's accepted, for the benefit of anyone else who is interested.

For what it's worth, if you've got the money and haven't got a SilverTron, buy it. There's nothing like it on the market and nothing else as efficient, anywhere.

I've got mine...

Offline FromTheDen

• Expert
  • Participant
SilverTron - For Sale
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2023, 01:53:16 PM »
As a refresher, here is a description of the SilverTron. Mine is still available. I'm only selling it because it was a backup to others and I decided I did not need the extra redundancy.

The SilverTron Elite is quite simply a revolution in constant current colloidal silver generator technology. It incorporates a host of easy-to-use functions and safety features to ensure that EVERY batch of colloidal silver you produce is safe, consistent, accurate and repeatable. The manual is designed to introduce you to the concept and production of high-quality colloidal silver.

At its heart lies an industry leading computer-controlled microprocessor and a 2 ¾” x 2 1/8” color touchscreen that handles every step of the production process ensuring very little user intervention is needed to produce perfect, high quality Ionic or metallic colloidal silver every time.

All the SilverTron Elite needs from you are the answers to 3 basic questions: Current (1 - 15 mA), PPM (20 - 320), & Water amount (250 ml - 4 L, 1 c - 4 Gal). Once you have completed this setup, the unit will make all the necessary calculations during the run and will automatically terminate when the exact amount of silver has been liberated into your electrolysis cell. The SilverTron Elite is the only silver generator able to offer complete freedom to produce any number of batches at up to 8 different PPM strengths with 100% accuracy every time.

The SilverTron’s color touchscreen provides you with a unique overview of all the important settings and is a joy to use. Presenting a simple but intuitive context sensitive menu that allows you to view, select or modify the most frequently adjusted settings. It also shows progress, current, and voltage during production.

The SilverTron Elite is the first silver generator in the world to put this class leading technology at your fingertips providing unprecedented and industry leading control and convenience over the key features on a “run by run” basis. Even remembering your selections for next time!

Offline tlcruisin

• Participant
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2023, 02:12:06 PM »
hey FromTheDen
i will buy the SilverTron and can transfer $ through Paypal
...will PM you soon
david

Offline FromTheDen

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2023, 03:46:01 PM »
Silvertron sold. Thank you tlcruisin!

Online waboni

• Participant
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2024, 02:47:53 PM »
Quote from: Yoikyasi
Did your machine also reverse polarity so you don't have to clean the electrodes every 20-30min?
As I have explained many times, current reversal is an absolute bad thing to do.  It is unnecessary, and ruins the precision of the system.

Even when I make high ppm runs, I don't bother to clean the anode until the end.  As long as nothing is flaking off, it is unnecessary.
I'm going to design something on my own whether I have some plans to bounce off or not. I'm just too excited not to make a setup that can at least record and monitor progress in some way... I would likely go for using a raspberry pi as the controller.

So no matter what I'll make something. Thanks for sharing all you do kephra!

A rasberry should work ok.  My first experiments were done using a PLC, and then I built a lot based on the  Arduino Uno which worked fine, but had a lot of extra circuitry and functionality that I didn't need.

Here is how I used the arduino.

Dear Kephra, would you mind to post the code for the arduino? I've been following a FB group of guys from Germany, they are developing a atmega 328p based Colloidal Silver generator, it is open sourced, works fine but its accuracy should be improved, still lacks some features that I think can be implemented if they can analize the code you have created. Would you mind make it open any time you decided not to continue commercial production of the Silvertron?

The information of the project can be found here:
https://www.silbermonster.de/
https://github.com/SilberMonster-de/MiniKSMonster

Best regards.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 02:39:16 PM by waboni »

Offline wgpeters

• Participant
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2024, 05:53:51 PM »
From the website you linked:
Note: The set ppm value does not correspond to the actual mg/l silver in the water, e.g. 50ppm set at a pole change of 10 seconds, correspond to about 10 mg/l in cold and 20 mg/l in permanently heated slightly simmering water, provided that Aqua bid was used for production. However, only a suitable laboratory with ICP-MS can detect an accurate measurement.
Which tells me that whoever is in charge doesn't know what they are doing, and should spend more time learning than designing electronics. 

I am certainly not going to be involved in a poorly thought out project.
Kephra's non-admin account.

Online waboni

• Participant
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2024, 01:54:04 AM »
From the website you linked:
Note: The set ppm value does not correspond to the actual mg/l silver in the water, e.g. 50ppm set at a pole change of 10 seconds, correspond to about 10 mg/l in cold and 20 mg/l in permanently heated slightly simmering water, provided that Aqua bid was used for production. However, only a suitable laboratory with ICP-MS can detect an accurate measurement.
Which tells me that whoever is in charge doesn't know what they are doing, and should spend more time learning than designing electronics. 

I am certainly not going to be involved in a poorly thought out project.

Thank you very much for your two cents Kephra

Online waboni

• Participant
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2024, 02:21:05 AM »
That been said, anyone thinking about selling a SilverTron Elite, please contact me by PM. I'll take it!  ;D