Author Topic: Laboratory results  (Read 1705 times)

Tanya232

Laboratory results
« on: December 10, 2018, 03:20:48 PM »
Hi All,

I've been absent from the forum while waiting for the lab results of a sample I sent for particle size analysis.

I have the results back, and according to the lab, 90% of the particles are around 1.1 micrometers in size aka 1100 nm. This is a bit disconcerting as I was aiming for between 10-20nm.

I just wondered if anyone could  speculate as to how I managed to produce such enormous particles. At this size the solution will be useless right?

Here's the report if anyone is interested

Regards
Tanya

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
Re: Laboratory results
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 10:51:03 PM »
Tanya232,

Also you need to remember the shipping process.  Did you hand deliver the sample or was it shipped?  If you ship uncapped colloidal silver then you have to consider the temperatures the might have encounter on it’s way to the lab.  If a room temperature was not maintained then there is a good possibility some of the particles may have conglomerated if it encountered very low temperatures before it arrived at the lab.  Just a thought.  BTW I like the testing idea.

Bobby
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 07:52:06 AM by Bobby »
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

Tanya232

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 06:57:41 AM »
Ah yes of course the capping and reducing agent would have an impact on the size of the particles. I hand delivered it but they outsourced the particle testing to another contractor so was probably shipped there. I wonder if I go back to the and tell them the exact amounts of carbonate, gelatine and glucose if they can deduct that from the sizing.. I'm ever so interested to know.

Thanks everyone, I feel much more optimistic about it all now. X

Tanya232

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 07:07:43 AM »
Allot was colloidal silver by the way alex.

Another test showed that it was 150ppm not 320, which I'm not that bothered about.

JorgeA

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 12:23:07 AM »
Hello to everyone ✌️...... I’m just kind of concerned about the lab results.  Is there anyone else who have had different results from a Lab like the test that Tanya did?... if you did, I will appreciate your time to answer, or if you know where can I read more material about this topic please attach the link, thank you 👍

JorgeA

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 12:45:47 AM »
WGPeters good evening, hoping you have time to answer me.... how can you assure that the Lab test are wrong, where is the information that back up your comment?, I’m not attacking no one, I’m just looking to clarify this topic...... or any one who can help with info, please ✌️

Offline Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 01:54:41 AM »
WGPeters good evening, hoping you have time to answer me.... how can you assure that the Lab test are wrong, where is the information that back up your comment?, I’m not attacking no one, I’m just looking to clarify this topic...... or any one who can help with info, please ✌️

There is a difference between a test being wrong and it just being the wrong test. It was the wrong test.

The plasmon resonance (colour) indicates the particle size without using expensive tests. Crystal clear yellow or amber is the right colour for colloidal silver at a strength of 20 ppm.

For the proof you are going to have to read a lot of the forum as I don't remember where the proof is after reading the entire forum.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

JorgeA

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 02:54:47 AM »
Thank you, Neofizz 👍