Author Topic: Why is there difference of sequence for adding ingredients when making 20or320pp  (Read 754 times)

skdenis

Hello everyone.
I'm ready for now to start my first batch, all technical preparations are ready.
But I still have a few questions.
Why when we make 20ppm or 100 or 320 ppm order of adding sodium carbonate, glucose and gelatine are different?

when 20ppm :
1 Sodium Carbonate
2 CURRENT
3 glucose +gelatine
4 Continue stirring

When 320
1 Sodium Carbonate +glucose+gelatine
2 CURRENT

The second looks the easier way.
Is it correct to use for 20ppm?(preheat, mix all together and start current)?

The second question is:
Is hotter is better? If I will preheat to 90-95 celsius add start electrolysis with heater working on 95C all the time? for every type(ppm)of the batch?

Thanks

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
The first way was the traditional way we made it, the second way was necessary to get up to the high ppm. The second way is probably fine for all manufacture.

The hotter you run the cell, the faster you will lose distilled water. beyond about 150 degrees F is pointless, but a very low simmer is easy to judge without a thermometer and that's how I usually run mine.

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
For 20PPM production you can add the reducer AFTER the run BUT you have to keep the cell temp up over 75F because the solubility limit of silver oxide in water (ionic silver) at 75F is 21-22PPM. If you push the PPM (or at least try to) up over 20PPM you run a high risk of starting to precipitate out silver oxide which will NOT reduce and thats not good.  Even still, once you add the reducer you need to heat the solution to over 120F so the reducer actually reduces. Reducers either don't work or if they do, you could measure their speed with a calendar at room temp.

For higher PPM production, you need to run hot (150F is fine as cfnisbet says) and add the reducer at the beginning of the run so that you're doing continuous production - the silver oxide dissolving in water (ionic silver) is being reduced faster than its being produced so you never coast up over the solubility limit.

The solubility limit for ionic silver at 150F is about 40PPM.

So long as you're doing continuous production, theoretically, you could push it as high as you want though I don't recall anyone here ever pushing it above 320PPM.

Something that may change the temp you want to run at for continuous production is the current you're running at.  At higher currents, you'll be producing ionic silver faster and you may have to run hotter to speed up the reducer.  I've never seen any real discussion of this here though so I can't speak to this.

RedDogJT

Even still, once you add the reducer you need to heat the solution to over 120F so the reducer actually reduces. Reducers either don't work or if they do, you could measure their speed with a calendar at room temp.
I never heat my 20 ppm unless I want to gel cap it.  Normally, it takes less than an hour to fully reduce.  But I use a ml of Karo per liter of colloidal silver.

The best way to gel cap 20 ppm colloidal silver is:
Add 1 gram of gelatin to 8 ounces of colloidal silver.
Let gelatin bloom, then heat enough to melt the gelatin.
Mix well.
This will by your stock gelatin solution.

Then heat your new colloidal silver to the temp required to melt the gelatin (approx 100C)
Add one tablespoon of your stock gelatin to the colloidal silver, and heat for a few minutes.
Stir well.
Let cool.

Done.
Refrigerate the remaining stock gelatin solution.
Can you make this easier to find?  Can you post an article titled "The best way to gel cap 20 ppm Colloidal Silver"   PLEASE.

Offline imcool

• Participant
Hello everyone.
I'm ready for now to start my first batch, all technical preparations are ready.
But I still have a few questions.
Why when we make 20ppm or 100 or 320 ppm order of adding sodium carbonate, glucose and gelatine are different?

when 20ppm :
1 Sodium Carbonate
2 CURRENT
3 glucose +gelatine
4 Continue stirring

When 320
1 Sodium Carbonate +glucose+gelatine
2 CURRENT

The second looks the easier way.
Is it correct to use for 20ppm?(preheat, mix all together and start current)?

The second question is:
Is hotter is better? If I will preheat to 90-95 celsius add start electrolysis with heater working on 95C all the time? for every type(ppm)of the batch?

Thanks
following

RedDogJT

Really? Its in the Articles section about 6 lines down.
Dissolve 1 gram of Knox unflavored gelatin in 1 cup of cold water.
Alllow to bloom for 5 minutes.
Heat until the gelatin dissolves (water looks clear again)
Allow to cool, and then bottle the gelatin liquid.

Not how to make gelatin, but the PSU, times, volts, heat all that other stuff...

RedDogJT

:)
I'm not being clear.
I would like to make 80 ppm Colloidal Silver
From the PSU side what is the formula, time tables and such. I've seen it once, but cannot find it anymore

Offline emanwols

• Participant
:)
I'm not being clear.
I would like to make 80 ppm Colloidal Silver
From the PSU side what is the formula, time tables and such. I've seen it once, but cannot find it anymore
dw in ml x required ppm x .015 / mA = run time in minutes
All this is in "articles"