Author Topic: First batch of Colloidal Gold?  (Read 5180 times)

sentamantic

First batch of Colloidal Gold?
« on: April 11, 2012, 07:59:19 PM »
 I just finished making my first batch of colloidal gold using gold chloride and it looks great except for what almost looks like some kind of sludge left at the top of the beaker,not sure if I screwed something up or not.Everything else looks great,its a beautiful ruby red color,just almost looks like gold flake left at the top.I can try to take a pic but don't know if it would show up or not.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: First batch of Colloidal Gold?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 08:02:59 PM »
Its a very thin film of metal gold on the surface.  It will not hurt anything.  You can see a layer of gold only 1 atom thick and if you were to put such a layer on clear glass you can see through it also.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

sentamantic

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 08:27:04 PM »
So its totally normal ok and its ok to to drink or should I filter it :-\

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 08:29:10 PM »
Its totally ok.  You can filter it if you like, but its not necessary.  Gourmet chefs sometimes completely gold plate food, and there is a liquor with gold leaf in it. 
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

sentamantic

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 08:41:53 PM »
Thanks Kephra,at first I thought I ruined the whole batch.Another thing I wanted to ask is what happens to the nitric acid in the gold chloride,is it reduced to something else or does it evaporate.And also if we make colloidal gold from gold chloride are the end results any different than from making it by electrolysis.I have a very poor knowledge of chemistry.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 08:50:31 PM »
There should not be any nitric acid in the gold chloride.  It should have all been removed at the lab that made it, it boils off.  The colloidal gold made from gold chloride is the same as made by electrolysis, except that it can be made in higher ppm. 

ShivaDestructor

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 10:22:49 PM »
Its totally ok.  You can filter it if you like, but its not necessary.  Gourmet chefs sometimes completely gold plate food, and there is a liquor with gold leaf in it.

I totally forgot, I have one of those liquor bottles! I will immediately go and get me a not-so-very-colloidal alcohol/sugar/gold/cinnamon-shot.

Thinking about that - they also use cinnamon AND sugar - maybe the first batch of that liquor was a failed colloidal gold-attempt :-).

/J

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 10:24:23 PM »
I suggest getting a new bottle of that special liquor, and disposing of the contents so that you have a fresh bottle :)

ShivaDestructor

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 10:42:04 PM »
I suggest getting a new bottle of that special liquor, and disposing of the contents so that you have a fresh bottle :)

My brand was GoldSchläger (gold smith in German), 53.5 % alcohol by volume. Taking a sip NOW <slurrrp>. I hope my consciousness expands, since that seems to be the promise of colloidal gold :-).

/J