Author Topic: Suspending SilverTron overnight experiment  (Read 1493 times)

Offline Cher Sherwood

• Participant
    • Resonated Rock
Suspending SilverTron overnight experiment
« on: May 10, 2018, 10:35:48 PM »
Last night I decided to try suspending my SilverTron overnight. About an hour before I went to bed I had started a 1 ltr batch of 320ppm gelatine capped Colloidal Silver with the intention of suspending it to see if a batch can sit for several hours and be restarted in the morning. This morning I got up, put my beaker in the microwave for 3 minutes (might have been closer to 4 minutes, I don't quite remember) and popped it back on my hotplate and started it up. I completed the batch and am happy to say it came out perfect! Zero turbidity and a beautiful amber colour when diluted from the black coffee colour. I'm thrilled! Starting a batch that runs 5 hours and 15 minutes is a commitment, so having the freedom to put it on pause rather than just not start one because 2 hours in the evening isn't enough time to run the whole thing, is great when you are trying to make as much as you can. I will attach pictures for proof, but there is a slight chance that some will be too big. If so, I will edit and add in comments.

Originally I had this brilliant idea of putting a shower cap over my beaker so no rabbit hair or dust etc would go in the cell. Then I realized there was a bunch of condensation starting inside the shower cap and switched it to just a dishtowel to keep things out but also to completely cover it as I couldn't guarantee when my kids got up that they wouldn't flick on my fluorescent lighting or open up the curtain which has morning sun coming in. I thought this was a good precaution. Then for whatever reason, I decided to use the shower cap to cover my silver rods and hotplate from any possible contamination from my kids being curious with fingers coated in sticky jam lol.

The only thing you can control in life is your reaction.

Offline Dean

• Expert
  • Participant
    • Social SilverTron Facebook Portal
Re: Suspending SilverTron overnight experiment
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 11:32:21 PM »
Aaaaaah! Cher San! Wax a on....Wax a Off!

Soon you too will sit with the many who have travelled this long and troublesome path of discovery started by the few.
Look inside yourself Cher San! Look and you will find the inner peace that will become you!
Rest your mind when those around you are confused! Let their fear become your strength.
Push Cher San.....Push each boundary until you are one with the milliamps that bring your silver to life!

Breath deeply Cher San! Be as one with your magnetic stirrer!
Close your eyes.....Breath.........In though nose out through mouth
Be the Silver Cher San! Be the flask, Be the TDS meter, consume it until it can consume you no more.
Be the Distilled Water...Flowing relentlessly Never ending until the end!

Then! then Cher San, the student becomes the teacher! Learn, so that you may teach, teach so that you may learn.
Colloidaleers will stand beside you as you stand beside them.
Like a wild silver ion! Tamed by the mighty Silvertron!

Go Cher San! Go now, find more experiments, bring them and we will share your discovery and wonder!

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 11:49:10 PM »
You guys crack me up :)
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Cher Sherwood

• Participant
    • Resonated Rock
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 11:57:55 PM »
 ;D LOL That was hilarious! In staying with brilliant movie themes from 1983/84, I will say...Stay gold Pony Dean. Stay gold  ;D

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 09:59:10 PM »
Dean, that brings back some memories.  You don’t have like multiple personalities do you?  Good stuff  ???

Cher, I’m an OCD germaphobe and your starting to make me twitch!   :o

Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Cher Sherwood

• Participant
    • Resonated Rock
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 10:18:14 PM »
No need to get twitchy lol! I keep a very clean kitchen?

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 10:18:48 AM »
Cher,

I was talking about my kitchen. Lol 😂  I can see you are very picky and want it as perfect as possible!  I admire that. It definitely passes a germaphobe/OCD’s inspection.  I like it.   :)

Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln