Author Topic: Ionic silver seems to be self reduced into Colloidal Silver?  (Read 3287 times)

Leon Knook

Yesterday I made 1 liter ionic silver and took half a liter apart. I reduced the first half liter into colloidal silver like I always do with malto dextrine which became fine. The second day I wanted to use the un-reduced ionic silver for my skin. Surprisingly the half a liter ionic silver seems to be self reduced into a even more golden yellow colloidal silver? Is it possible this can happen? I don't understand how this is possible I did noting with it. It was a warm night something around 22 degrees celcius.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9a2h371h3avcqzo/14361320550880.jpg?dl=0

Offline Argentum

• Participant
Re: Ionic silver seems to be self reduced into Colloidal Silver?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 11:05:20 PM »
I have the same thing occurring. Make a batch of 20 ppm ionic and overnight it turns to the same color as yours. Thought that the equipment might be contaminated with something. Adding a reducer makes no change in the color, so it must be fully reduced.

Argentum

fishing4fun

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 11:10:00 PM »
It is very strange for sure although that color it great as that goes.
I have some ionic silver in a dark glass jar away from any light and it remains clear but i have used that same silver and put into a pink colored spray bottle in the same spot where i keep the dark glass jar of it and it has changed into a very light yellow color.
So is this from light?

Offline PeterXXL

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 12:16:19 AM »
I strongly suggest to first use hydrogen peroxide to clean the flasks or glass containers that are used, then rinse with tap water, and finally rinse with distilled or de-ionized water.

fishing4fun

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 12:29:35 AM »
Probably not.  More likely its from something previously in the bottle.
That makes sense in my case as i had not cleaned the sprayer out from a older batch of IS that was in it before.
Thanks

Leon Knook

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 06:28:04 AM »
Probably not.  More likely its from something previously in the bottle.
That makes sense in my case as i had not cleaned the sprayer out from a older batch of IS that was in it before.
Thanks
That make sense. Thank you for this tip. I realize now that is must be the container.
hydrogen peroxide I will try that!

RibosomalRob11

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 12:05:37 AM »
The same thing is happening to me, except I'm sure it's not the container.

I'm new to this forum; I have been making what I thought was true colloidal silver, but I've learned is actually ionic silver.  I'm using a basic setup- (3) 9v batteries wired to (2) 10 guage silver wires in a clear glass of distilled water, no electrolyte.  I have made several batches and I read a tip that using a little bit (1 oz or so) of IS/Colloidal Silver from a previous batch can increase the conductivity of the water... so that's what I have been doing and it seems to get the process started quickly.

I let the batch "brew" for around 30 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.  The result is a yellow-greyish solution with a fair amount of large chunks.  I pour the solution through a *white* coffee filter and into a clean glass.  I am left with a solution with zero visible chunks that has the color of perhaps a weak sun tea (yellowish, not grey at all).  When drinking it, there is no metallic taste initially, but you do notice an aftertaste.  I was drinking about 16 oz or so during the first few days but have stopped because I'm now a little confused as to whether it's ionic or colloidal....

Is this normal?  I though ionic silver would not be yellow.

Thank you in advance!

-Robert

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 12:29:47 AM »
Its very bad silver.  Its over cooked and full of silver oxide. 
Please read the articles and understand all the things you did wrong, then you will be able to make quality colloidal silver.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.