Author Topic: Silvertron - still available?  (Read 16934 times)

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
Re: Silvertron - still available?
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2020, 08:03:23 PM »
Yes, really great!

RedDogJT

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2020, 01:00:24 AM »
Great news Bill!
I cannot help but wonder about that diagnoses though, especially in light of the drugs used to combat this illness.  You have heard that many doctors "off script"
think that U.C. and many other autoimmune disorders are caused by leaky guy syndrome.  When you read the data and symptoms it just seems to make sense.
Proteins that should not be getting into the blood stream are wreaking havoc on various parts of the body that they find weakness.

Western medicine is great for finding and creating expensive drugs to combat the symptoms without ever having to address the actual causal link.  They just like
to say that "we don't know what causes this disease".

One of the least expensive and best remedies you might want to incorporate into your colloidal gold Colloidal Silver regime is to use foods to heal your entire digestive system.

The final piece that I really hate to bring up, is that study I posted a few weeks ago which showed that Silver Nano-particles of a certain size, in vivo with a colon culture,
caused a type of leaky gut as they embedded on the mucosal lining. Right where U.C. seems to originate.  Have you considered that possibility at all?

The Aussies medical system seems to have an MRI test for finding leaky gut, and I'm not sure if we do here too in the US.  Might just take such a test as a way of eliminating
that as a possibility. :-\

pawelk

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2020, 07:58:20 PM »
Hey Bill, hope you will get through this tough times... Just FYI... for activated charcoal the most effective trees to fight viruses or poisons are Linden and Birch trees.

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2020, 03:05:06 PM »
Kephra,

That IS some welcome good news!  With all the BS being thrown around the world now days, your up date is just plain exhilarating!  I’ve been needing some good news lately and you have delivered as usual.

I will start my wife back up on the colloidal gold as I just got in 5 bottles of gold chloride from SLC metals. $$$

Bobby

BTW, are you in any need of anything I can help with?
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

Mjcampbell

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2021, 05:11:22 AM »
Kephra,

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. Hopefully you continue to get better.

I’m new to this forum but have been using Colloidal Silver for a few years. I have just started down the rabbit hole of making my own Colloidal Silver. This brought me to this forum because the silvertron elite is the best generator. If this is no longer available and may possibly not be available again, what would the second best be??

Mercedes

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2021, 06:16:27 AM »
Second best?

Spend about $25 and buy the materials you need to do it - electrolyte, reducer, silver wire or a bullion bar, current limiter (you'll have to build this yourself but the LM317 version is just 2 parts), DVMM, hotplate if you intend to make over 20PPM, power source of some kind that can put out about 20V+ and of course a glass jar to process in (mason jar works well - so do beakers ) and a holder for the electrodes.

Aside from the silver bullion wire or bar (actually not included in the $25), everything else isn't overly expensive.

OK, not as "sexy" as a silvertron and yeah you have to pay a bit more attention but lots of us here do it the old way.  Once you get a couple batches behind you, you'll realize how simple it is.

There are articles on the forum to help you "roll your own" though I don't have the links handy.

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2021, 01:30:34 AM »
Was that guy able to make SilverTron units with the components you sent him?

Offline Yoikyasi

• Participant
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2022, 08:17:04 AM »
It's been almost a year since this thread was last spoken in...
I hope you are feeling better kephra and I also hope one day the silvertron would either become available or the plans maybe released... I would love to try my soldering hand at it...

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2022, 01:26:04 PM »
There are two problems with the Silvertron.  One is that one of the main part (touch screen) is no longer available, and secondly, I do not have the energy to redesign it.  So I don't see it ever being available again.  I was hoping to continue it for at least another year, as I would have broken even on my costs at that time.  Also, the plastic case has been discontinued by the manufacturer.

As for my health, I am resigned to the fact that I will never fully recover.

Thanks for your concern :)
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Yoikyasi

• Participant
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2022, 10:38:48 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that kephra.... I understand, as I've read everything you've written recently on the matter, that you aren't interested in passing the baton on this...

I'll accept that... as an electronics hobbyist I just wanted to make one for myself... producing for others that's just a huge undertaking I'm not so sure about...

So can you answer me this? On a conceptual level and not a components or schematic level...What was so amazing about the silvertron? What was its main genius?

Open to silvertron users answers as well...

Is there something about it beyond just limiting a specific current for a specific period of time and having a little screen that's easy to program your cycle? It then just does the run for you and shuts off when it's done?

Or is there something even more complex to the operation of the unit?

I'm trying to find more info about what was so amazing bout the silvertron but since the site no longer exists etc I couldn't find a good thread explaining... redirect me to a thread if there is one and i missed it.

Again thank you so much for this forum and I don't know if u believe in miracles but I will pray for a miracle for you... that sucks to resign to never getting better... my father has been battled diverticulitis for a couple years and it's not fun at all those sorts of problems...
Wishing you well!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 11:14:14 PM by Yoikyasi »

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2022, 11:58:27 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that kephra.... I understand, as I've read everything you've written recently on the matter, that you aren't interested in passing the baton on this...
Its not that, its just not fair to someone else to turn over a design that requires unavailable parts.

I'll accept that... as an electronics hobbyist I just wanted to make one for myself... producing for others that's just a huge undertaking I'm not so sure about...

So can you answer me this? What was so amazing about the silvertron? What was its main genius?

Is there something about it beyond just limiting a specific current for a specific period of time and having a little screen that's easy to program your cycle? It then just does the run for you and shuts off when it's done?
That's not exactly how it worked.  Yes, it has a programmable current limiter, but it didn't rely on having constant current.  If you programmed in 10ma for the current, but the current was only 3ma, it still came out correctly.  The Silvertron Elite performed a calculus operation integrating the current/time curve.   You could also do a run without any electrolyte, set the machine to 15ma, and make ionic silver accurately even though the current started at .5 ma and gradually increased to 6.2 ma as the run proceeded.  In fact you could remove the electrodes for an unlimited time, and put them back into the water, and the run would still be accurate.

But, I made the system so the average person with no electronics or chemistry experience could make excellent Colloidal Silver with a very short learning curve.

Again thank you so much for this forum and I don't know if u believe in miracles but I will pray for a miracle for you... that sucks to resign to never getting better... my father has been battled diverticulitis for a couple years and it's not fun at all those sorts of problems...
Wishing you well!
I never hid the principles behind the Silvertron.  Its all here on this forum.  I even posted my 'C' source code here for about a week and posted pictures of the circuitry.
I have to resign myself to not getting better.  I can't grow a new set of fingers, or a new large bowel.  Losing parts of my fingers really sucks because I can no longer play music.  I've played music in bands since I was a teenager.  Here is a song I recorded 20 years ago when I was just learning to play the pedal steel. WonderfulWorld.  I know, I was a better engineer than a musician but it payed my way through college:)

re: diverticulitis.  My gastroenterologist told me I absolutely had to take Humira, which would cost me several thousand $ a month, and he got really mad when I told him that wasn't going to happen.  Instead, I take 180mg of melatonin a day (about $5.00 a month).  It does the same thing as Humira, but better.  (It blocks TNF-alpha)  Humira is antibodies against TNF-a but eventually I think a persons innate immune system learns to attack the foreign antibodies and then they have to take Humira more often.  That happened to one of my friends. 

There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Yoikyasi

• Participant
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2022, 06:07:17 AM »
Quote from: kephra link=topic=4813.msg48157#msg48157
Its not that, its just not fair to someone else to turn over a design that requires unavailable parts.

Tell me what is fair in this life? lol! To me that doesn't matter I would just have to find a way to redesign it u know? Missing parts just means greater challenge... I'm into overcoming obstacles it's in my nature.

That's not exactly how it worked.  Yes, it has a programmable current limiter, but it didn't rely on having constant current.  If you programmed in 10ma for the current, but the current was only 3ma, it still came out correctly.  The Silvertron Elite performed a calculus operation integrating the current/time curve.   You could also do a run without any electrolyte, set the machine to 15ma, and make ionic silver accurately even though the current started at .5 ma and gradually increased to 6.2 ma as the run proceeded.  In fact you could remove the electrodes for an unlimited time, and put them back into the water, and the run would still be accurate.

But, I made the system so the average person with no electronics or chemistry experience could make excellent Colloidal Silver with a very short learning curve.

Wow that is awesome now I wanna make one even more!

So do I have this straight? So if u set it to 10ma and 3ma was the real current, does it basically calculate the difference in time and make the cycle longer? So like whatever fluctuation the silvertron is watching and adjusting the time? Or is it more complicated than that? I never learned calculus but doesn't mean I can't learn calculus... I was a wiz at math in school I just didn't apply myself academically and pursue learning further than trig.

For sure I will be making something that can run my setup without me having to constantly check on it.... I like the idea that the water can boil off and the anode could come out of the water and it would still be on track... it's been a little annoying to me to have to constantly monitor the current and top up exactly on time every time....

Did your machine also reverse polarity so you don't have to clean the electrodes every 20-30min?

Oh man I don't know what I do if I lost fingers I didn't know about that part must have missed that in here somewhere. I'm a guitar player and musician myself... my main reason for being alive... I lost half the function and feeling in my left arm from a major laceration that severed my alnur nerve... it forced me to play different and change my stlye..style... didn't stop me but if I lost some fingers... oh man...

I will have to check out your music here in a bit!

I'm going to design something on my own whether I have some plans to bounce off or not. I'm just too excited not to make a setup that can at least record and monitor progress in some way... I would likely go for using a raspberry pi as the controller.

So no matter what I'll make something. Thanks for sharing all you do kephra!

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2022, 08:51:57 AM »
The silvertron uses a technique that is used in batteries (cell phones, EVs,...) called battery gauging.

It integrates current over time, the target being the milliamp-minutes (or milliamp-hours) needed.

In the case of a battery, say its a 1500mah battery, thats your target when you're charging it.  With lithium batteries, as you charge them, the closer they get to fully charged, the lower the charging current they accept (similar to what Kephra described for the silvertron).  The integration adapts and keeps a running total of the number of electrons that have passed through the cell (or into the battery if you're charging a battery) where you have a target that once you hit it, you shut the charging (or the current source for making Colloidal Silver) down.

In cell phones, EV's and other electronics with captive rechargeable batteries, the battery gauging runs both directions.  As you consume battery power the circuitry keeps track of how many electrons you sent down the drain (wink) where it subtracts what you've used from the full battery capacity. Now when you charge it, it knows exactly how many electrons you have to put back to fully charge the battery.

In the case of Colloidal Silver, your target is the milliamp-minutes that faraday's law tells you is where you need to get to for the PPM you're making in however much water.

You're not charging a battery but counting the electrons is done the exact same way.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2022, 12:48:14 PM »
Quote from: Yoikyasi
Did your machine also reverse polarity so you don't have to clean the electrodes every 20-30min?
As I have explained many times, current reversal is an absolute bad thing to do.  It is unnecessary, and ruins the precision of the system.

Even when I make high ppm runs, I don't bother to clean the anode until the end.  As long as nothing is flaking off, it is unnecessary.
I'm going to design something on my own whether I have some plans to bounce off or not. I'm just too excited not to make a setup that can at least record and monitor progress in some way... I would likely go for using a raspberry pi as the controller.

So no matter what I'll make something. Thanks for sharing all you do kephra!

A rasberry should work ok.  My first experiments were done using a PLC, and then I built a lot based on the  Arduino Uno which worked fine, but had a lot of extra circuitry and functionality that I didn't need.

Here is how I used the arduino.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 01:15:45 PM by kephra »

Offline Yoikyasi

• Participant
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2022, 04:47:52 AM »
Even when I make high ppm runs, I don't bother to clean the anode until the end.  As long as nothing is flaking off, it is unnecessary.

That's good to know... since I got 3 bullion bars tied together for an electrode now, it rarely needs it so much... I thought I was just being lazy waiting till the end of my 320ppm runs to clean it....
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 05:01:00 AM by Yoikyasi »