Production Techniques and Chemistry > Colloidal Silver Production

Colloidal Nano Silver-Its Production Method, Properties, Standards...

<< < (2/3) > >>

Neofizz:
As an old laboratory technologist from over 30 years ago who continues to study many branches of science to this very day I am very disappointed in the path that many claimed scientists have taken. Bumble-Science seems to be the order of the day with people that haven't a clue what they are doing, and a population that knows even less so is forced to believe them.

The blind leading the blind off the edge of a cliff.

When youtubers are out sciencing the "real" scientists and forums like this understand what they don't, you know there is something seriously wrong out there.

Biology isn't biology. Biology is chemistry. Chemistry isn't chemistry. Chemistry is physics. Physics isn't physics. Physics is math. And finally... Science isn't science. Science is politics.

Bobby:
   Damn...Well said guys!  WELL SAID!

FlyingDutchman:

--- Quote from: mfacen on September 29, 2019, 02:56:16 AM ---   Its an interesting read, but way too complicated for my level of chemistry, I read a couple of things that struck me, they are using bigger NP's and the ionic is made with silver nitrate it seems, so I don't know how well this translates to our uses. I'd love to hear our more experienced member's opinion on this study, thanks Karl for the link.

--- End quote ---

Hans Laroo is famous for devising and patenting an UV irradiated electrodissolution process. So there is no silver nitrate involved.

Neofizz:
The article seemed quite thorough but there were things that left me with strong disagreements, like using de-ionized water instead of distilled water.

I can agree with production in total darkness (a little difficult) but using specific wavelengths of light to reduce then keeping it refrigerated in the dark afterwards tells me that it isn't really stable.

He's very focused on not introducing any chemistry, while we're focused on using food chemistry to control the particle size and keep it stable in addition to speeding up production.

So we have a product that is easy to make and stable while he has a product that is difficult to make and not so stable.

Kephra's methods win again!  :)

Milhaus:

--- Quote from: FlyingDutchman on September 25, 2019, 05:11:35 PM ---I am a fan of Hans Laroo, and I think he has said many sensible things about colloidal silver standards and production. However, his theories about structured water I am not sure about. I have experimented with UV reduction of ionic silver, but I have never been able to reproduce any of it. I have used UV LEDs (430nm) to irridiate silver ions during the electrodissolution process and also after (itradiating a 20 ppm ionic solution for up to 24 hours!), but have been unable to test the resulting solutions/colloids. No color change ever occurred, and the salt test showed that there were little or no silver ions present. What was in it (sub nano silver, microsilver?) I have no idea.

--- End quote ---
I was not able to reproduce his work also. I had trouble with plateout of silver. So i have tried to prepare silver ions with electrolyte as described here and tried 420nm LED light for reduction. But no reduction happens. Maybe it does require very strong UV light ( at least tenth of watts ).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version